#2 Cody The Hedgehog

Cody The Hedgehog

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

Game looks amazing!!! Originally I was PO'd because Sega decided not to release the game on a Nintendo console, then they announced the 3DS version which doesn't even look to be in the same league as the PS3/360 version. So anyhow I've decided I'm going to buy the 360 version and play it on my brother's 360 despite I hate playing games on a console I don't own.

Edited by Cody The Hedgehog, 27 June 2011 - 07:44 PM.

#3 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:23 AM

then they announced the 3DS version which doesn't even look to be in the same league as the PS3/360 version.

Are you referring to the graphics or the gameplay? I was disappointed that the 3DS version is different to the 360/PS3 but the best part imo will be using classic Sonic which i think is quite similar on the 3DS to the other versions.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#4 Cody The Hedgehog

Cody The Hedgehog

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

Are you referring to the graphics or the gameplay? I was disappointed that the 3DS version is different to the 360/PS3 but the best part imo will be using classic Sonic which i think is quite similar on the 3DS to the other versions.

I'm referring to the fact that there's going to be different levels and the fact that both sonic sections are in 2D. Just not my cup of tea, plus I really wan't to play City Escape which is my favorite sonic level.

#5 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

I have already pre ordered the PS3 version. According to Amazon.com the release date is November 22nd 2011. I will wait for the 3DS version becuase I dont want it as bad as the home version.

#6 kjhg53

kjhg53

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, BIT.TRIP

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

I'll be picking up the 3DS version because my brother is the one with a PS3 and 360, plus I'll be taking my 3DS with me to college and I'd love to play this then.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

Although I want the 360/PS3 version, I'm gonna get the 3DS one, as I don't have a 360 or PS 3... :D

Why couldn't they have made modern sonic's levels in the 3DS version, the same as the ones for the 360 or PS 3? Those would have looked awesome in 3D, and I'm sure the 3DS could handle it.

#8 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:55 PM

This game is going to rule. Seriously.

Will probably buy on 360, only to buy the slightly improved Wii U version a year later. Sigh.

#9 SHADOW

SHADOW

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:25 AM

Although I want the 360/PS3 version, I'm gonna get the 3DS one, as I don't have a 360 or PS 3... :D

Why couldn't they have made modern sonic's levels in the 3DS version, the same as the ones for the 360 or PS 3? Those would have looked awesome in 3D, and I'm sure the 3DS could handle it.

because dimps is working on the 3ds version and sega is working on the consoles version
Posted Image

#10 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:47 AM

because dimps is working on the 3ds version and sega is working on the consoles version

That sucks...

#11 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:50 PM

That sucks...

+1
No signature here....

#12 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

I am going to get the 3DS version. I feel that it's better that the 3DS version of the game is different from the others, it makes lots of people able to buy both. The 3DS one (or so I think) has levels from the handheld sonic games instead, so that will make it interesting. Surely it's a good think that they are not exactly the same? Else we'd be getting a port instead of a true 3DS game.
Bring the noise.

#13 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

It's good that the 3DS version is different because it means we get another game. However, then you'll be missing out on the console version, which I predict I'll enjoy more.

In these cases, I don't really look at it as "what version of the game is better" -they're really entirely different games that share a title and concept for marketing purposes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!