#1 SparktehFox

SparktehFox

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Splatterhouse, Sonic

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:39 AM

Everyone remembers Goldeneye 007 right? One of the best shooters of all time right? Made a triumphant return with excellent online on the Wii, right?

Activision registers 'GoldenEye Reloaded' domain names
Posted Image

#2 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:22 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this! someone said something the other day about halo "paving the way for the modern fps" and I almost blew a brain gasket, lol... Goldeneye was amazing.

#3 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:31 AM

So soon after the Wii version? Isn't it more likely that the franchise will be going cross-platform, to the Xbox and PS3?

#4 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:37 AM

It better be exclusive otherwise Nintendo won't have a FPS exclusive which is what makes the xbox have a chunk of supporters, cause of Halo. Not that FPS exclusives is everything but i know alot of people who only has an xbox with halo 3, odst, and reach. I think that The Conduit shouldn't be the only exclusive FPS for Nintendo consoles

Edited by giggity3000, 28 June 2011 - 04:45 AM.

1367065580450s.jpg

#5 HermantoWang

HermantoWang

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:52 AM

Waiting for this golden eye in Wii U

#6 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:31 AM

I hope that Activison are working on a new Goldeneye game. The Wii U could do with some FPS Exclusives, assuming that any future Goldeneye games will be exclusive to Nintendo.

#7 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:58 AM

http://www.gigwise.c...To-XBox-360-PS3

#8 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:20 AM

So soon after the Wii version? Isn't it more likely that the franchise will be going cross-platform, to the Xbox and PS3?

No. Last time I checked Nintendo own the rights to Goldeneye games.

#9 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:44 AM

I would really Prefer The Nintendo Fps to be made by Nintendo and not ActiVision and for it to be a Scifi themed Shooter like Halo instead of Modern like Cod because it would seemed more like Nintendo and it would make the stages alot more funner than lets say Cod and more creative .

#10 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:52 AM

I would really Prefer The Nintendo Fps to be made by Nintendo and not ActiVision and for it to be a Scifi themed Shooter like Halo instead of Modern like Cod because it would seemed more like Nintendo and it would make the stages alot more funner than lets say Cod and more creative .

Bungie...... ftw

1367065580450s.jpg

#11 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

Even though I can't get behind the grammar of your post ( :) ), I couldn't agree more with your sentiment! Nintendo needs to push a new IP, made by an in-house or 2nd party studio, and it needs to make something distinctive (i.e. not another CoD clone). I'm done with companies trying to cash in on my nostalgia by offering me "pretty good" reboots, or trying to cash in on my love of great franchises by offering me mildly entertaining clones.

Where all the mad creativity at?! (Ok... so grammar really isn't that important...)

#12 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:08 AM

Really? But there has already been a Goldeneye for the Xbox? Now I'm just confused.

Edit; Okay from what I have been able to find out, this license has something of a complex ownership trail. Nintendo own "Goldeneye007", but Activision own the Bond license, so a deal was struck for a Wii exclusive version. Whether that exclusive was time-limited or not, giving Nintendo the game for a year and then porting to the other consoles, which is what this "reloaded" version could be, we don't know.

I think Goldeneye on the Wii is a great game, but it does seem very soon for another version. Having said that, if Activision are making an HD version for other consoles, why wouldn't they bring it to the Wii U?

It's all in the wonderful world of speculation and wishes right now...time will tell.

Edited by Mukkinese, 28 June 2011 - 08:28 AM.

#13 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:14 AM

Really? But there has already been a Goldeneye for the Xbox? Now I'm just confused.

That version did not really follow the main story of Goldeneye and you played a different character which got them out of worrying about copyright if my memory serves me right.Im also not sure if Nintendo has the Goldeneye license anymore that last time I checked it did but that was a long time ago.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 28 June 2011 - 08:15 AM.

#14 Sirralart SuperDragon

Sirralart SuperDragon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Perfect Dark, SSB, SvR, Fighting Games

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:43 AM

REALLY?!?!?! (O_O)

They do??? YES!!!
AWESHUM SAUCE!!! **(^_^)**

Female protagonists are GREAT!!!

My Smackdown vs Raw 2011 keyword for the PS3 is TRALARRIS. If you like ORIGINAL DIVA CAWs look them up!

#15 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

Edit; Okay from what I have been able to find out, this license has something of a complex ownership trail. Nintendo own "Goldeneye007", but Activision own the Bond license, so a deal was struck for a Wii exclusive version. Whether that exclusive was time-limited or not, giving Nintendo the game for a year and then porting to the other consoles, which is what this "reloaded" version could be, we don't know.

I think Goldeneye on the Wii is a great game, but it does seem very soon for another version. Having said that, if Activision are making an HD version for other consoles, why wouldn't they bring it to the Wii U?

It's all in the wonderful world of speculation and wishes right now...time will tell.

No way will it ever come to other consoles. Nintendo own Goldeneye and they'll keep it that way.

I believe that the Metroid Prime trilogy is what you're looking for.

#16 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:20 AM

No way will it ever come to other consoles. Nintendo own Goldeneye and they'll keep it that way.

I believe that the Metroid Prime trilogy is what you're looking for.

That not a fps its a fpa and I want a complete new IP make its a scifi fps but add Nintendo's wax and polish to it.

#17 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

That not a fps its a fpa and I want a complete new IP make its a scifi fps but add Nintendo's wax and polish to it.

Right.

So instead of having a good Sci-fi game... you'd rather just play a mindless shooting game with people replaced with Aliens and set in a Sci-fi environment? Sounds like utter ****.

Nintendo don't do more than 1 series of it's kind. If you want to play a Sci-fi shooter you're going to have to go Metroid or go Third pary.

#18 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

Right.

So instead of having a good Sci-fi game... you'd rather just play a mindless shooting game with people replaced with Aliens and set in a Sci-fi environment? Sounds like utter ****.

Nintendo don't do more than 1 series of it's kind. If you want to play a Sci-fi shooter you're going to have to go Metroid or go Third pary.

Im sorry but I would prefer to keep Samus out of online mutiplayer,metroid just doesn't make a good mutiplayer game if hunters is any indication and MP2 with its mutiplayer .Samus should Continue adventuring into alien landscapes and corridors as and adventure game.We are talking about a Nintendo Fps and how I think Nintendo should make a fps for its console instead of relying on Goldeneye and Rose tinted glasses and how a Scifi Fps would fit Nintendo more than a modern Fps which I cant see Nintendo doing.
You also seem to be putting words in my mouth also I never said replace people with aliens very few scifi shooters do that.Also I think it would be fun you saying it sounds like "censore" seems to be a immense hatred for that genre even more greater than my hatred to Cod.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 28 June 2011 - 11:28 AM.

#19 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

Nintendo does not own the rights to the Goldeneye franchise, MGM Interactive owns the rights and the license to develop the games is currently held by Activision.

So yes, if Activision feels like doing so they absolutely can make a multi-plat Goldeneye.

EDIT:

To clarify one thing though, what you may have been thinking of is the rights to the original game, Nintendo does indeed partially hold those rights. However, they hold no rights whatsoever to any future Goldeneye games that may be developed.

Edited by rob_shadows, 28 June 2011 - 11:41 AM.

#20 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

Im sorry but I would prefer to keep Samus out of online mutiplayer,metroid just doesn't make a good mutiplayer game if hunters is any indication and MP2 with its mutiplayer .Samus should Continue adventuring into alien landscapes and corridors as and adventure game.We are talking about a Nintendo Fps and how I think Nintendo should make a fps for its console instead of relying on Goldeneye and Rose tinted glasses and how a Scifi Fps would fit Nintendo more than a modern Fps which I cant see Nintendo doing.
You also seem to be putting words in my mouth also I never said replace people with aliens very few scifi shooters do that.Also I think it would be fun you saying it sounds like "censore" seems to be a immense hatred for that genre even more greater than my hatred to Cod.

Sorry, but the word Sci-fi shoot always indicated you're shooting Aliens to me. Your obviously talking multiplayer which you never even mentioned. And no, I don't have a hatrid for the genre, I just have a hatred for mindless shooters, which not replacing Aliens with Humans would be even more ridiculous. And Samus wouldn't necessarily have to be in the Multiplayer. You've got the Space Pirates and the Galactic Federation and having not only two faction but two species to choose from in Multiplayer would bring a cool new experience to the game. The fact is though, Nintendo will never create the game you're looking for so you're going to have to go third party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!