#1 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Well, I finally got to try out the Wii U at the GameStop nearest me today, and here's my impression:

First, the Gamepad.

The touch screen is easy to use, and chances are, you'll get used to it pretty quickly. Was it hard to use? Not at all, a simple swipe of my finger, and I was flipping through the 19 games the kiosk had to tell me about, the different finger marks on the screen didn't stop it from responding without any trouble whatsoever. The lightest tap of my finger on the screen took me to the demo of Rayman Legends, and I'll talk about the demo later on. The buttons are easy to press, they don't stick at all, and were very easy for my thumb to reach.

I did have to apply a bit of force to click the analog sticks, which to me is a good thing. That means the slightest press from my fingers won't make the sticks click. The gamepad itself is light. Not too light, but not too heavy either, which makes holding it pretty easy.

Now, I'm not going to go into detail about the system itself, except it made the graphics of Rayman Legends look very nice.

Now, onto the demo of Ratman Legends.

The demo levels were pretty fun to play, the first one I tried was a level where I was playing as Barbara, and fighting enemies to reach the end. Halfway through the level, I took control of Murfy/Murphy to lead Rayman through the level. It was interesting using him to manipulate the environment so Rayman could proceed safely, and the touch screen was responsive each time I had to use it.

Then, I played Castle Rock. Once again playing as Barbara, I cleared the stage without dying, which by that point using the gamepad pretty much felt like second nature to me.

Overall, the Wii U is a good system, and the Gamepad is fun and easy to get used to, it's the same as getting used to using the NES controller for the first time, or getting used to the Wii remote and nunchuk for the first time. It simply takes a bit of patience and learning in order to get used to it.

My impression: 9/10

Edited by SDDMN, 05 November 2012 - 10:38 AM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#2 Hardcore Brawler

Hardcore Brawler

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Punch Out!, Metroid, Zelda, more

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

It seems that the Gamepad is really easy to get used to.
It was a nice read, thanks.
I can't wait to get my hands on the Wii U.

Now, onto the demo of Ratman Legends.

:blink:

Posted Image

by Cerberuz

My Wii U games wishlist:
Disaster 2 - F-Zero U - Eternal Darkness 2 - Madworld 2 - Beyond Good and Evil 2 (Wii U version)

#3 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Nice to hear! cant wait!

/joke

Ratman Legends.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Eh, everyone makes a spelling mistake every once in a while. :P

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#5 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

Glad you liked it. I give it a -3/+12.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Sounds brill, I havn't even seen one in real life yet :(

#7 robb_0909

robb_0909

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

I also played it at my local gamestop this past weekend. I have read a few impressions on here saying how light and comfortable the gamepad is but I have to say I was still very impressed. I couldn't believe how great it felt. I am not exaggerating when I say it felt like it was made for my hands.

Also, the touch screen did seem very responsive. I only played a few minutes of rayman but it was gorgeous. All in all, I was very very impressed with the system! Heres to hoping they get the online component right. Can't wait til 11/18

#8 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Why does every kiosk only have Rayman! I'm not interested in that game in the slightest bit. Agh. >.<

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: impression, Wii U, Rayman Legends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!