Photo

GAME expects to sell out of Wii U hardware prior to launch day (EU)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

http://www.videogame...launch_day.html

Im really hoping for that to happen, it doesnt surprises me at all, i always get the games some days earlier every time i pre-ordered the game there, i remember having all the 3ds games 2-3 days before the offficial launch day, expecting to be the same with the wii u :P
Posted Image

#2 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

Great, I'm hoping the Wii U sells better in the UK than the 3DS is doing
Posted Image

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

It sucks that GAME shut down business here in Australia. And here most people thought they were doing a good job...

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 Hardcore Brawler

Hardcore Brawler

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Punch Out!, Metroid, Zelda, more

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

A moment we've been waiting for, we will see how things turn out very soon.

Posted Image

by Cerberuz

My Wii U games wishlist:
Disaster 2 - F-Zero U - Eternal Darkness 2 - Madworld 2 - Beyond Good and Evil 2 (Wii U version)

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Definitely another Wii in the making.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

what happened with the wii? i didnt got it at launch back then
Posted Image

#7 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

that can be a good thing or a bad thing...

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

what happened with the wii? i didnt got it at launch back then

It was selling immensly fast, it was impossible to get one
Posted Image

#9 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

I think the Wii U could sell at least 1 million by the end of this of January.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#10 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

that can be a good thing or a bad thing...

The only thing that stopped the Wii from being a success was the limited ram (88MB) and extremely outdated GPU and CPU.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#11 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Wait so the mail you guys in Europe the Console and Games? Yep, gonna sell out before launch then
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#12 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

The only thing that stopped the Wii from being a success was the limited ram (88MB) and extremely outdated GPU and CPU.

but.... it was a success, even if it had old tech.

Signature_Fox.png

#13 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Wow, this is great news. I think Nintendo really can deliver what they want to with this console.
Here's to Nintendo returning to the top of their game. **Clinks Glass With Everyone**

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

This is definatly going to be another Wii here in the UK lol, I remember trying to get one at first for my birthday and that was about 2 months after it's launch it was Impossible, I feel so sorry for people who didn't pre order, the original Wii's launch is what gave me insentive to pre order this time.

#15 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

It sucks that GAME shut down business here in Australia. And here most people thought they were doing a good job...

They did not just shut down, they were purchased by EB games.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

I don't know if you're being a troll or actually being serious. The Wii has been a huge success world wide.

#17 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

I don't know if you're being a troll or actually being serious. The Wii has been a huge success world wide.

Sales wise, yes, the WII was successful. You look at the Wii's Library you see nothing but a bunch of shovelware titles, Nintendo titles, and no third party support. The Wii was a terrible system.

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Sales wise, yes, the WII was successful. You look at the Wii's Library you see nothing but a bunch of shovelware titles, Nintendo titles, and no third party support. The Wii was a terrible system.

I disagree. Yes there was a lot of shovelware especially from third parties but there was a decent number of quality titles both first party and third party. The Wii was far from being a terrible system. It was a huge success commercially and was pretty good regards software support. I have at least 25 games which are AAA quality if not close to it and there are probably quite a few I don't own as they are not to my taste. As far as first party games go Nintendo are far better then Microsoft and definitely give Sony a run for their money. At the end of the day the Wii was not designed for the hardcore gamer or the long time Nintendo fans but a new larger casual gamer market. Nintendo wasn't trying to compete with Sony and Microsoft but going after a different market and was a big success as a result of it.

#19 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

I disagree. Yes there was a lot of shovelware especially from third parties but there was a decent number of quality titles both first party and third party. The Wii was far from being a terrible system. It was a huge success commercially and was pretty good regards software support. I have at least 25 games which are AAA quality if not close to it and there are probably quite a few I don't own as they are not to my taste. As far as first party games go Nintendo are far better then Microsoft and definitely give Sony a run for their money. At the end of the day the Wii was not designed for the hardcore gamer or the long time Nintendo fans but a new larger casual gamer market. Nintendo wasn't trying to compete with Sony and Microsoft but going after a different market and was a big success as a result of it.

Thank you for explaining something in an intellectual way lol. I don't comment often because these threads get crazy and nonsensical from time to time. However, you managed to state your piece and do it with logical coherence. The Wii had to be made to disrupt the market. Why? Because of Nintendo's financial state at the time of its inception. If the big N decided to go the same route as PS360 back in 2006, they very well may have gone the way of the dodo. They were in no way in any position to make an HD system when their previous business model had failed so miserably. They had to regroup and figure out a way to expand the market while leveraging their established fanbase. I agree with you Gamejunkie, the Wii had tons of content. It was only through the working of the salacious biased gaming media that the Wi was branded with the silly title of 'casual.' I guarantee that if the PS360 had the same success as the Wii, this silly 'hardcore' 'casual' idiocy would not have purveyed so many media circuits. In any such case, it has unfortunately, but that by no means dismisses what the Wii did in terms of success and gaming. If any of you have the opportunity look at Reggie's lecture on disruptive marketing plans, it is brilliant.

#20 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

The wii was clearly a success for Nintendo but there is a strong case to be made that it wasn't good for third party publishers, many of which took a financial hit by developing for the wii. In the end it was the publishers that did produce shovelware that made a profit on wii by releasing basic and simplistic games with low development costs. It is Nintendo's attitude towards these developers that has caused a lot of damage due to high costs in releasing games on wii. For me the wii has the least must have titles of the current generation but of course it is severly hindered by its technology being from the generation before. I've been a nintendo fan since the nes and have owned all the nintendo home consoles and loved them; snes, N64 and Gamecube but the wii was the one I only got much later and even when I did found generally disappointing. I feel the wii u is a return to form for Nintendo despite likely being only marginally superior to current gen. Its a fantastic package. I would certainly go along with the view that wii was not a success from a gamer's perspective though and it's widely described as a dust gatherer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!