Photo

New Super Mario Bros. U - World Map, Coin Map Editor, Boss Battle-10 minutes.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

It seems like nobody else posted this, enjoy the footage!

Game looks fantastic, I can't wait till I get my hands on this next week! It definitely seems like they put effort into this game, unlike NSMB2.

Edited by Zinix, 07 November 2012 - 08:33 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

This definitely looks like one of the best (if not the best) games on the Wii U that has been announced.

Edited by NintyFan101, 07 November 2012 - 09:06 AM.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

The graphics look so good! It looks like they really put some effort into this. If it weren't for how they used the Gamepad, I might like it more than Rayman Legends!

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

This game looks epic, I can't wait to play it when I hopefully get it for christmas :D I have to many other games to get on launch day :D

#5 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

I wish I knew what they were saying about the Pumpkin Goomba.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#6 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Wait, a map editor in a Mario game? This could be awesome...

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Wait, a map editor in a Mario game? This could be awesome...

It's just coin placement.

NSMB2 did have effort put in.
Just not as much as NSMBU did.
I'd say it was a mistake having two separate teams and two separate NSMB games in the one year.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'd say it was a mistake having two separate teams and two separate NSMB games in the one year.

Still, it could add some longevity to the game.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#9 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Yeah this looks really fun and I'm still really happy that it appears to be a throwback to one of my (if not the most) favorite games of all time. The backgrounds are amazing and look beautiful, and the co-op challenges (and challenges in general) are pretty cool too.

#10 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

recently ive been playing to NSMB Wii with my friends 4 -player local and its horsing funny, hell, we are like killing us all the time lol throwing each other to death and scrolling the screen faster as we can to see if we can kill the slowest player hahaha
Posted Image

#11 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Wow, the world map is so well designed and full of charm! I'm looking forward to this! I can't believe the hype of a Mario game and a console combined ( I know the N64, SNES and NES. But this hasn't happened in a while. The hype is growing today.

Consumer " I'm not that excited for that Wii U"

Today's Hype Posted Image

#12 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Before seeing NSMBU on this Nintendo Direct, I didn't really take much notice of it. Now it seems like a must buy.
Dat world menu!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#13 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

This game looks epic, I can't wait to play it when I hopefully get it for christmas :D I have to many other games to get on launch day :D

what are you picking up on launch?.. right now it looks like im getting mas effect 3,darksiders 2, assassins creed 3,and warriors orochi 3.
wondering who i could play with online.

Before seeing NSMBU on this Nintendo Direct, I didn't really take much notice of it. Now it seems like a must buy.
Dat world menu!

^ this..
same for my wife.. she goes.. i played that already,when i was a kid, im over it.. saw the vid and goes.. dammit they are making me want it..
Posted Image

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

what are you picking up on launch?.. right now it looks like im getting mas effect 3,darksiders 2, assassins creed 3,and warriors orochi 3.
wondering who i could play with online.

^ this..
same for my wife.. she goes.. i played that already,when i was a kid, im over it.. saw the vid and goes.. dammit they are making me want it..

I'm getting the 32GB Duluxe ZombiU Bundle with Assassin's Creed 3, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Tank! Tank! Tank!

#15 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

No it didn't.

There was no new music, practically no new enemies, and the final boss battle with Bowser was recycled. Nintendo decided to hide behind the coin gimmick because they knew that it'd flop without it.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

No it didn't.

There was no new music, practically no new enemies, and the final boss battle with Bowser was recycled. Nintendo decided to hide behind the coin gimmick because they knew that it'd flop without it.

Stages and coin rush.
The levels are all that matters when Mario controls have been perfected.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

I'm getting the 32GB Duluxe ZombiU Bundle with Assassin's Creed 3, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Tank! Tank! Tank!

drop tank tank tank and get mass effect 3 bro.
Posted Image

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

drop tank tank tank and get mass effect 3 bro.

Played All the Mass Effect games and they are my fave series, but I'm not bieng ripped off by EA, I'll wait for the trilogy if it ever comes, if not never mind looks like we'll get Borderlands 2 anyway. Getting Tank! Tank! Tank! so I can play it with my fiancee, also for budget reasons, bloody skint lol.

#19 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Definitely a bit more different from NSMBW than I though... This game will definitely be in my game library!

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Looks fun. I love watching this type of gameplay now lets see other games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!