• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Use the money you won't be using on Wii U and buy a console that can play old Nintendo games.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#42 GoodGuy

GoodGuy

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Use the money you won't be using on Wii U and buy a console that can play old Nintendo games.

Thank you for your advice

is it really confirmed you cant use the new controllers? i find that odd

Yes, and I agree it's very odd

#43 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Why is it strange that I want to play all the old nintendo games I played as a lil kid. I want a system where I can play all the old nintendo games as well as the new wii u games, with a wireless controller. Not ridiculous to me

But you're not going to buy it because it won't play games meant for Wii controllers with the Wii U controllers? Just wait. They'll most likely re-release on the Wii U eShop.

Posted Image

#44 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Why is it strange that I want to play all the old nintendo games I played as a lil kid. I want a system where I can play all the old nintendo games as well as the new wii u games, with a wireless controller. Not ridiculous to me

well because there seems to be about a million ways to do that without having to buy a wii-u O_o lets see you have the original system the games were made for.. then you have wii which gave you the vc stuff.
and hell you can get any number of emulators to run any of those games on pc with a standard controller.

you know what.. you have opened my eyes... im not going to buy another blu ray player ever again unless it has beta max and laser disk support.
i mean hell they can easily include that in a blu ray with today's technology. :)
just messin with you but this does strike me as a little silly.
Posted Image

#45 GoodGuy

GoodGuy

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

well because there seems to be about a million ways to do that without having to buy a wii-u O_o lets see you have the original system the games were made for.. then you have wii which gave you the vc stuff.
and hell you can get any number of emulators to run any of those games on pc with a standard controller.

Ok.. So you want me to hook up a N64, a NES, a SNES all on my 52' HDTV and have wired controllers so my eyes bleed from how close the TV is. Its easier to have it all in one console, sit on my couch and use a wireless controller. Its as simple as that. The wii u is capable of doing this, but they intentionally chose not to. Thats what s bothering me. And of course I want to play the new games as well. So ur not really adressing the issue here, WHY doesnt nintendo enable this, when its possible and easy to do?

you know what.. you have opened my eyes... im not going to buy another blu ray player ever again unless it has beta max and laser disk support.
i mean hell they can easily include that in a blu ray with today's technology. :)
just messin with you but this does strike me as a little silly.

You are aware that it is possible to play old games on the wii u? So if they already decided to include this in the console, why do you find it strange that I want to use the default wireless controllers for these games? It should be possible, its just stupid that its not.

Edited by GoodGuy, 08 November 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#46 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Ok.. So you want me to hook up a N64, a NES, a SNES all on my 52' HDTV and have wired controllers so my eyes bleed from how close the TV is. Its easier to have it all in one console, sit on my couch and use a wireless controller. Its as simple as that. The wii u is capable of doing this, but they intentionally chose not to. Thats what s bothering me. And of course I want to play the new games as well. So ur not really adressing the issue here, WHY doesnt nintendo enable this, when its possible and easy to do?

You are aware that it is possible to play old games on the wii u? So if they already decided to include this in the console, why do you find it strange that I want to use the default wireless controllers for these games? It should be possible, its just stupid that its not.

no no, you , misunderstand
i agree the emulation process should have been better the fact that they cant put in a plug in that would allow personalized button customization is a little unbelievable to me as well.
i understand everything you said and agree with most of it.. the thing i find silly is the deal breaker on a next gen system is that it cant p[lay all the old games with a new controller,like the system you still have can.
just doesn't seem like a valid reason to spend $300 to use a wireless controller for old games.
you should be getting the wii u for the new factor and all the new things you wil be able to do with it. that's all im saying.
to not buy it because you cant use the controller to play old games form retired systems.. seems . silly to me..

Edited by Death Skaar, 08 November 2012 - 02:25 PM.

Posted Image

#47 korgamer

korgamer

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Ok

I meant: I understand where your coming from, but i think its a stupid reason not to get a Wii U because of that one reason. The Wii U's core experience comes from the actually Wii U games and gamepad. I for one will not go near the VC until im done finished with all the Wii / Wii U games that i want to play (thats ALOT of games) so thats not a issue for me. And in the near future, Nintendo may even have an update, so you can play VC games on your gamepad, thats not out of the question IMO.  As for some people that have to buy a classic controller to play VC games, that does kind of suck. If it was me , I wouldn't play any VC games until they fix this. This is Nintendo's loss. I'll just stick to my Wii and Wii U games, thats the core experience anyhow.  But like i said, its definitely possible Nintendo will fix this with an update in the future. You know this sytem is just releasing, you can't expect  Nintendo to do everything perfect. They will fix things as time goes by, im sure. Nintendo has always listend to their fans. But honestly if you care more about the VC games than the actually WIi U experience, then maybe you just download emulators on your pc and you should be able to play all those games for free. I for one, will enjoy the Wii U regardless.

#48 Triple Digit

Triple Digit

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Lets move on from the tiny imperfections of Wii U to those glorious and amazing things that we get with it :)

#49 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

They should just release a wireless VC controller, I hate flipping wires

Thou everyone knows you don't get the same satisfaction as actually booting up your Snes on VC

Edited by JoshZebra, 08 November 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#50 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Why do you care if he buys it or not? it's his loss.

#51 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Posted Image

#52 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thats only the case with wii virtual console/wii ware transferred over from the wii. People who would need to use this obviously already have the controllers needed to play the games they already own.

You are mother doging at nintendo because they arent making customers ditch the stuff they bought on wii.

Wii u vc and wii u eshop will be designed for the wii u's controls.

You dont want to have to use the wiis controls? dont use the wiis vc. Use the wii u's.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#53 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

You do know that the games you bought on the Wii moving to Wii U you won't be able to play on the Gamepad, they never said NES/SNES/N64 games won't play on the Gamepad that you bought from the Wii U.

#54 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

What? That was impossible because there was not enough buttons on the wiimote. But the gamepad and pro controller could easily be used for VC games if Nintendo wanted to. Now you have to buy a pro controller to use for some games(like call of duty etc), a wii mote and classic controller for others (VC games), and use the game pad for certain games. Thats 4 different controllers.

Its not about the money man, its the principle. And so pathetic that you have to buy a classic controller and plug it into a wiimote. This is 2012, why not use the wireless controller that comes wih the console in the first place. So stupid

No offence but your probably one of the only people who care about this, Most people buying a Wii u will be getting it for new and exciting games, There are plenty of other ways and avenues to play older titles.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#55 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

Thats only the case with wii virtual console/wii ware transferred over from the wii. People who would need to use this obviously already have the controllers needed to play the games they already own.

You are mother doging at nintendo because they arent making customers ditch the stuff they bought on wii.

Wii u vc and wii u eshop will be designed for the wii u's controls.

You dont want to have to use the wiis controls? dont use the wiis vc. Use the wii u's.

If this is the case, that the VC on Wii U will be able to use the gamepad (or pro controller), then that's great and Good Guy's problem is solved. Are you sure about this though?

#56 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

You seem to be overlooking the awesomeness. I guess someones body is not ready.

Signature_DK.png

#57 iROC

iROC

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    Call Of Duty, Mario

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

Its called marketing.. any company anywhere does it. Facts of life.

#58 korgamer

korgamer

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

You know what seriously though, your making a better deal than it is. If your gOing to buy a wii u and you really want to play the vc games just buy the damn 20 dollars classic controllers. It's not a big deal. If just because of that, you don't want a wii u then maybe you shouldn't get one. Downloading the emulators on your pc is your only option. There problem solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!