#1 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

So says the article here;

http://www.japantime...20121107ba.html

Seems its light, cheap feeling and has weak force feedback or at least the pre-release versions that were demonstrated.

However the gamepad itself gets a glowing review so unlikely to be a biased anti-nintendo article.

Makes me happy I'm just going for the premium package with an extra game or two.

If the pro controller is very bad it will likely get an overhaul/re-design probably sometime next year.

While I'm writing checkout this deal;

http://www.amazon.fr...52409861&sr=8-2

£260 approx and free delivery to the uk for the premium package. Maybe french wii u pre-orders have been low?

#2 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Why would Nintendo release a crap controller when their whole shtick is about how U play the game?
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Wii U will be awesome, I believe that now...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#4 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

I take this with a grain of salt, everyone else who I have heard from says it feels great in the hands and the weight is fine. The only problem I have with the pro-controller is that it doesn't have a microphone/ accessory jack. That to me is a legitimate problem. The controller probably just feels lighter because the person who wrote that may be used to playing with an XBOX 360 controller which with the battery pack does have some weight to it.

2lvmghw.png

#5 Bowser Jr

Bowser Jr

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, and Sonic

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

wii u will be so awesome that the gamecube will go extinct

#6 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

It's not crappy. I've used one.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#7 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

I still don't see what's wrong with a light controller, Nintendo knows what their doing even if we don't.

#8 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

I'll make my own opinion instead of listening to some article.

Posted Image

#9 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

As someone who's used one, I think it's better than the 360 controller (and I own a 360).
Posted Image

#10 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

As someone who's used one, I think it's better than the 360 controller (and I own a 360).

Because of the flat battery pack?

2lvmghw.png

#11 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

either people love the controller, or hate it, There's no inbetween, I don't understand.
Personally, I have full faith in Nintendo with the controller, Maybe it just gets some time to get used to?

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#12 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

i personally don't see how that makes it crap..
a lighter controller is always better unless you are trying to build forearm mass..O_o
and you don't need a lot of force feedback,just enough to tell you something.
the xbox controllers.. i love um.. the main gripe i have is the battery life which the pro has in spades.
my family on the other hand , the kids have a hard time holding the controller unless they sit it in their lap.. its kind of heavy for them and on some games. like mass effect 3 the force feed back is so much it throws my son off a little in game.. so ..for me anyway these negatives are a plus and im not expecting much from this controller.. Nintendo has never made a great.. super durable long lasting controller yet.. lets hope the wii u pad breaks that cycle.
Posted Image

#13 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Because of the flat battery pack?

No because the D-Pad is far superior and the positioning of both analogue sticks at the top is better in my opinion and yes it is lighter as well. Also, it's not as bulky which is one of my complaints about the 360 controller.
Posted Image

#14 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

I agree with Crackkat I have the same complaints about the 360 controller. Anyway I make it a habit of not listening to articles, I'll be fine as long as it isn't too light to where it feels like I'm not holding anything.

#15 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Maybe I should try it out before I judge it!

#16 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'll try it out myself before I'll decide if I want to get it.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#17 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

I was never planning to buy the pro controller anyway so simply don't care if its good or bad but I do have experience of buying a PS3 which was ps2 compatible. It was before the dual shock 3 came out and it was horrible comparing fps games on 360 with the non rumble ps3 controller. I realised the rumble effect as you fire a gun actually adds a lot to a game. I got a Dualshock 3 pretty damn quick afterwards. Poor rumble effect would be an issue for me but then again its not as bad as no rumble effect.

Those that have pre-ordered the pro-controller without trying it might want to re-consider I guess but clearly those who have tried before buying will not have that issue.

#18 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'm fine with a lightweight controller, plus no rumble is fine. Rumble is a nice bonus, but it can get annoying at times for me.

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'm fine with a lightweight controller, plus no rumble is fine. Rumble is a nice bonus, but it can get annoying at times for me.

Especially when you plant it on a wood or glass desk after spending 20 minutes to beat a boss at 1:30 in the morning.

Of course, I will only ever trust my review. I've never ever taken any other reviews seriously. However, I feel that the Pro Controller is going to basically be a build up from the Classic Controller Pro, and weight wise that's a minus. I'll give that review the benefit of the doubt, because I really do think the Pro Controller is going to be too light for my liking.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#20 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

I hope I don't crush it out of rage during a losing streak while playing some game that I suck at. That's honestly how they are making it sound to me.

Edited by Viral Light, 08 November 2012 - 03:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!