#2 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Maybe. It depends on where you would pre-order it at.

Side note: Consider wording your titles better

Posted Image

#3 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Yeah I thought Your were going to kill yourself saying "its to late"

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

I heard that many stores aren't doing anymore pre-orders and there's a waiting list now.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Fred Meyer if you live in the pacific northwest.

#6 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Nowhere I have been has been taking anymore preorders and the online retailers definitely seem not to. I had to settle with getting on the local GameStop wait list and wait for more shipments after launch day.

#7 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Not in Australia, can get a deluxe edition just fine. In the US I believe you can still find a basic model pretty easily, which to be honest is more worth it for most people considering they were complaining about Nintendo Land before the bundle was announced, but now all of a sudden they are calling it the best deal.

#8 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

to preorder a wii u.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#9 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Not in Australia, can get a deluxe edition just fine. In the US I believe you can still find a basic model pretty easily, which to be honest is more worth it for most people considering they were complaining about Nintendo Land before the bundle was announced, but now all of a sudden they are calling it the best deal.

Well, Nintendoland aside, what about the extra hard drive storage space and the bonus points you rack up when purchasing games? Isn't it something like 10% of the game's retail price ends up going towards credits that can be used in the eshop or something? That could pay off. Plus then there's the matter of aesthetic preference between black vs. white for some people. So $50 isn't THAT big of a deal with all of that considered. Unfortunately it could also mean longer waits.

#10 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Well, Nintendoland aside, what about the extra hard drive storage space and the bonus points you rack up when purchasing games? Isn't it something like 10% of the game's retail price ends up going towards credits that can be used in the eshop or something? That could pay off. Plus then there's the matter of aesthetic preference between black vs. white for some people. So $50 isn't THAT big of a deal with all of that considered. Unfortunately it could also mean longer waits.

Nintendo land will be like $10 real damn quick, I can pretty much guarantee that, I personally don't have a preference between white or black but white does show a lot less fingerprints, the 10% will hardly be used by the majority of people, and what is that, you buy a $10 game and you get $1, big deal, the majority of people won't buy full retail games digitally and the extra hard drive space is almost laughable, 32GB? If you want to download heaps of digital games 32GB won't be enough, keep in mind all of the pre-installed software will probably end up putting it down to like 28GB. In my opinion if you weren't interested in NL to start with, buy a white one and get an external hard drive or something, you can get like 1TB for 70 or less here in Australia, and I'm sure you can find it for less in other countries.

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Maybe, in most places you won't get one now.

#12 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Really? I think this was more suitable as a status update. Just saying. By the way, misleading title is misleading.

#13 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Just get one from a country that uses the same region as your own.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#14 korgamer

korgamer

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Check Walmart in store, they took preorders late. In my Canada, the online Walmart sold out right away but in store didn't start taking preorders until beginning of November. I went in and got a preorder easily and they had like 20 deluxe left. Also the best buy in my area have a guaranteed in store stock at launch day so you might be able to pick one up if you go in early.

#15 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

Maybe. It depends on where you would pre-order it at.

Side note: Consider wording your titles better

Yeah I thought Your were going to kill yourself saying "its to late"

The OP has a tendency to do that with threads and its getting really annoying.

to preorder a wii u.

I suggest if you're going to create new threads you word your thread titles a lot better as its annoying and can be misleading.

#16 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

Depends where you are in the world, US have sold out, bar 1 or 2 stores that are forgotten about stores, and the UK is pretty much sold out too.

Apparently Canada have loads, and Australia/NZ probably will as well.

Really? I think this was more suitable as a status update. Just saying. By the way, misleading title is misleading.

He said IS it too late, not IT is too late. He was asking a question (except he forgot the question mark)

Edited by x-SourApple-x, 10 November 2012 - 06:17 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#17 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

Maybe there is some hole in the wall game place that is still doing them.

#18 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

Apparently Canada have loads, and Australia/NZ probably will as well.

Not where I live in Ontario, that's for sure. People seem to think Walmart always has preorders open as if they are getting an infinite amount of stock but that's probably not the case.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#19 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

I went back to the GameStop where I got on the waiting list for the deluxe unit this morning. I asked about getting on the waiting list for the 8gb white unit and I got put on that list also. He said I was #1 on the 8gb wait list since everybody else went for the 32gb system. He's pretty sure I'll have one before Christmas. I don't know how many preorder units they're getting, but we'll see when I get my hands on one from the next shipment.

#20 flavorgeneral

flavorgeneral

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Question: I deposited $25 on the Wii U deluxe at a local GameStop two hours after the official announcement of the price and release date. Am I still good for next Sunday for pick up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!