• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

So, I have the delux Wii U pre ordered and I am starting to read that some games on Nintendo Land require the remote plus thing. My friend has a Wii and has 2 remotes but they are old and dont have the remote plus in it so Should I go buy a whole new remote or is just wasteful? I also saw an adapter for the regular remote or is that thing just cheap? Thanks!

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

I'm not actually sure if Wiimote Plus is a required thing, I may lean toward yes it is but I dunno.

#3 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Well not all the games will need the motion plus.
I also have 2 old wii motes. I order 2 more with motion plus from ebay. $17ea with nunchunck for ea.

IMO
I would justread the boxes on the games before you buy them and see if they truly need motion plus.
And that add on adapter is cool but kinda make the mote looks ugly and throws off the weight.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#4 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

The motion plus attachment isn't cheap, but if you're really inclined... buy a game that comes with the motion plus. Or something.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#5 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

It's up to you. It might be worthwhile to get the Wii U brand ones, as they seem pretty cool.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#6 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Metroid blast will for sure use it. Would you like to play that game? http://nintendocharg...ir-wii-u-games/

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#7 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

zelda and metroid are the only ones that have to use it. I would buy a new controller with wm+inside but i wouldnt buy them new, like seminew

#8 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

The games that require steering would most likely need to use a Motion Plus.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#9 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

What do you guys think. I could buy the adaptor here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004V13D0I/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

or On ebay I could get this. Whats a better deal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350637678307?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

And if for some reason you cant see the bidding its a new wii motion plus remote and Nun chuck with the Silicone Case for between like 16-19$

#10 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1426.l2649

And if for some reason you cant see the bidding its a new wii motion plus remote and Nun chuck with the Silicone Case for between like 16-19$

35mins left, hurry up

#11 Sargon

Sargon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1426.l2649

I personally try to stay away from generic 3rd-party wii remotes, so if you are looking for a cheap option I would go with the adapter from Amazon.

#12 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Some, (I think most) Nintendo Land attractions require the Motion Plus. Once I found this out, I went out and bought another Motion Plus remote, which puts my total up to 2. If you plan on playing Nintendo Land a lot, I would go right ahead and buy the extra remotes. But, if you aren't going to play Nintendo Land much, I would lay off.

I would bet that more multiplayer Wii U games would utilize the motion plus, though. It's your call.

I personally try to stay away from generic 3rd-party wii remotes, so if you are looking for a cheap option I would go with the adapter from Amazon.

I would definitely agree with Sargon on this one.

#13 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

I even have an aftermarket motion plus add on, it works fine, just as good as the Nintendo one and was like a quarter of the price on eBay.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#14 korgamer

korgamer

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

I think it will be a good idea to get remote plus. Esspecially if you want the full experience from wii u. Some wii titles may not require the remote plus but all future games that require the remote, you'll need the remote plus.

Edited by korgamer, 10 November 2012 - 01:41 AM.

#15 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

Wait what? Nintedo requiers you to buy last gen controllers to play their next gen games?

28gxdv8.png

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

I agree. Whether they work for some people or not its not worth going cheap and buying unlicensed reverse engineered third party products. They're generally cheaply made and unreliable. It's better to pay more for the official ones in the long term even if you buy them second hand.

Wait what? Nintedo requiers you to buy last gen controllers to play their next gen games?

I don't know whether you're being serious or sarcastic. There is nothing wrong in carrying forward technology that works. Even Sony and Microsoft have and will do it.

#17 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

I agree. Whether they work for some people or not its not worth going cheap and buying unlicensed reverse engineered third party products. They're generally cheaply made and unreliable. It's better to pay more for the official ones in the long term even if you buy them second hand.

I don't know whether you're being serious or sarcastic. There is nothing wrong in carrying forward technology that works. Even Sony and Microsoft have and will do it.

I just think it's wrong to force people to buy last gen stuff to play the next gen games.

Tell me one game on PS360 where you need to buy a last gen controller.

Edited by Hinkik, 10 November 2012 - 04:26 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

I just think it's wrong to force people to buy last gen stuff to play the next gen games.

Tell me one game on PS360 where you need to buy a last gen controller.

They're not forcing you to buy last generation controllers as I said its perfectly reasonable to carry forward technology that works. As for Sony and Microsoft both their current controllers are based on the last generation ones and are not that much different. In fact they have done less innovation then Nintendo has. Of course it remains to be seen what kind of controllers their new consoles will have. That said its already been stated that the Kinect will be carried forward to Microsoft's next controller and most likely Sony will use Move or some form of it in their next console. There is nothing wrong with requiring Wii remotes in Wii U games if the games work better with them. You and anyone else who thinks like you needs to accept that. Not to mention that if anyone wants to continue playing Wii games on their Wii U they will need them anyway.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 10 November 2012 - 04:39 AM.

#19 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

They're not forcing you to buy last generation controllers as I said its perfectly reasonable to carry forward technology that works. As for Sony and Microsoft both their current controllers are based on the last generation ones and are not that much different. In fact they have done less innovation then Nintendo has. Of course it remains to be seen what kind of controllers their new consoles will have. That said its already been stated that the Kinect will be carried forward to Microsoft's next controller and most likely Sony will use Move or some form of it in their next console. There is nothing wrong with requiring Wii remotes in Wii U games if the games work better with them. You and anyone else who thinks like you needs to accept that. Not to mention that if anyone wants to continue playing Wii games on their Wii U they will need them anyway.

PS360 has updated their controllers. Especially XBOX, just compare XBOX controller to XBOX 360. Does XBOX 360 need you to use a last gen controller? No.

For PS3, they have added bluetooth, 6 axis gyro/accelorator and it's wireless. Do they force you to use the last gen PS2 controller for any PS3 game? No.

Just my point, Wii U need you to go and buy a last gen controller to play their new games. And nintendo land is like wii sports, it's included in the premium bundle. You should not have to buy another controller to play that game, that game should work without any extra equipment. (This does not go for the multiplayer stuff though)

But hey, I don't care for this. I just feel sad for those who don't have wii motes.

28gxdv8.png

#20 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

I just bought a third party brand auction that came with 2 Motion Plus + Cases, since my only Motion Plus is the one that came with Skyward Sword. Not a bad deal, here's the link for anyone interested:

http://www.ebay.ca/i...#ht_4432wt_1139

EDIT: Just found my third Wiimote that I totally forgot I had, so I had to buy a single one. Here's the link for the single Motion Plus:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/w...#ht_2639wt_1073

Just my point, Wii U need you to go and buy a last gen controller to play their new games. And nintendo land is like wii sports, it's included in the premium bundle. You should not have to buy another controller to play that game, that game should work without any extra equipment. (This does not go for the multiplayer stuff though)

Technically it's not a last gen controller if the current gen also uses them, which is why they are being rebranded as Wii U controllers new in stores.

Would you rather have the Wiimotes not be compatible with the Wii U and have a totally NEW WiiUmote all together? Either way, if you don't have a controller you need to buy one. Your arguments are ridiculous because this makes it so a lot of people don't have to buy new controllers.

Edited by Spleenzorio, 10 November 2012 - 11:16 AM.

Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!