Best value retail game at launch

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

for all you ps360 and pc gamers out there. getting NSMBU for the family but after that im stuck. i have gamefly and will get 2 games from them as rentals. if im going to buy a game it needs to be worth the 60 dollars. i know there are lots of games coming with DLC. batman armored edition, assassins creed, darksiders 2, blackops 2, and mass effect 3. for the guys who have played the released games what do you think? out of the games mentioned what will give me the most bang for my buck?

#2 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

I have to say either Darksiders 2 or AssainsCreed lll .

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

I think ZombiU should be an option. Why? It's an experience only the Wii U can give you.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

I'd say a game that is very cheap, but still has quality would be Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. Many said the first game was just a Mario Kart wannabe, the same connection could be made with this game and Mario Kart 7 ( both feature transforming cars that race on land, sea and air). But the first game felt more like it depended on strategy then items. I'd expect the same from this game. It has a big roster of characters and tracks based on past Sega games. I'd say this looks like the best, cheap Wii U launch game.

But that's not an option. But out of all those games ( never played any). Mass Effect 3 looks like the game with the most content to me.

Edited by Firejonie, 11 November 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#5 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

I think ZombiU should be an option. Why? It's an experience only the Wii U can give you.

gamefly

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

gamefly

touche

Then honestly I think BLOPS2 if your into online multiplayer will give you the most bang for your buck, or if you want to tap your inner kid fun like I do on a daily basis...Sonic Allstar Racing - for 39.99 it can keep you having fun for a long time.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Assassin's Creed 3 looks long and awesome, Darksiders 2 looks amazing, ZombiU looks epic in the original sense of the word and Mass Effect 3 was HUGE and EPIC but without the complete trilogy it's utter crap.

#8 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Assassin's Creed 3 looks long and awesome, Darksiders 2 looks amazing, ZombiU looks epic in the original sense of the word and Mass Effect 3 was HUGE and EPIC but without the complete trilogy it's utter crap.

im scared of assassin 3 as i think i might get bored. ive played the games before and they dont hold my attention. i think its down to mass effect or black ops... will Wii U get tha zombi part of the game? i want something with a lot of DLC. something i cant put hour and hours and hours into.

Edited by TRON, 11 November 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#9 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

to be honest AC 3 is having a lot of criticism, some people are saying is the worst AC game only by the exception of AC 1, theres plenty of bugs also

but it have multiplayer and it can be fun

Edited by Stormage09, 11 November 2012 - 07:30 PM.

Posted Image

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

im scared of assassin 3 as i think i might get bored. ive played the games before and they dont hold my attention. i think its down to mass effect or black ops... will Wii U get tha zombi part of the game? i want something with a lot of DLC. something i cant put hour and hours and hours into.

All CoD games have Zombies so I'd be supprised if it doesn't, DON'T GET MASS EFFECT 3, belive me they will bring the Trilogy to Wii U at some point, the game series is a cash cow for EA and when it does come to Wii U you will feel extremly ripped off, TRUST ME, I'm the BIGGEST Mass Effect geek/fan out there and even I'm staying away from it.

#11 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

thanks for all you guys input.... i guess blackops2 it is.

on another note.... is lego city undercover a launch game?

#12 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

no, lego is no longer launch title but i dont know when it will come out, maybe by the end of the year or 2013, but i cant find anywhere if its delayed or not, not sure now lol but the game looks good :)

Posted Image

Edited by Stormage09, 11 November 2012 - 07:42 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

what happened with aliens colonal marines?

#14 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

what happened with aliens colonal marines?

its coming Feb 2013 for all consoles, the wii u version will not be a late port with aliens will be released at the same time ;)
Posted Image

#15 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

ok well i guess i will have to be happy with blackops... this will be the first ever purchase of a COD game.

#16 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

I'm getting NSMBU and ZombieU at launch along with Nintendo Land. But my next game after that will be Black Ops 2 I think. I'm hoping to get that one for $50 or so before the end of the year.

#17 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Batman definitely.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#18 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Black ops 2 or darksiders 2

Edited by Hey Look Listen!, 11 November 2012 - 11:52 PM.

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#19 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Nintendo Land or New Super Mario Bros U

#20 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is going for pretty cheap.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!