43 replies to this topic

#1 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Posted Image

"The sensor bar for the six-year-old Wii is not needed to setup a Wii U console. A sensor bar is included in some Wii U packages, but you’ll only need it connected to your Wii U when you play games that function with Wii Remotes."

"Remember, the sensor bar that comes with Wii U is essentially the same one that is included in any Wii package. If you want to play Wii games on Wii U, you’ll obviously need the sensor bar connected to the new console."

Source: http://mynintendonew...tting-up-wii-u/

Guess I'll be leaving mine in the box then, will any of you be using yours?

#2 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

I really only have 5 Wii games and 2 of them use the Sensor Bar exclusively so it shouldn't be a problem.

#3 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

I would be using the U's sensor bar as well because the games that I'm getting are going to use them. Although, it might get messy because I also have a sensor bar connected to the Wii. That might look awkward, 2 sensor bars next to each other, lol.

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#4 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

^^^ just stack one on top of the other, like a sensor bar tower lol

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#5 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

this was known long time ago, the sensor bars purpose on the wii u its only to use the wiimotes
Posted Image

#6 Holic

Holic

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

I understand the Wiimotes will work with the Wii U but will they be necessary for any of the Wii U games? Reason is, my son traded in his Wii awhile back and no longer has anything from the original Wii.

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

I'm still setting up mine. I'll have a fair amount of games at launch that will use the Wii remote, whether it be for single player or multiplayer.

#8 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

I'll still use the sensor bar. I plan to play my wii games on the Wii U.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#9 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

I understand the Wiimotes will work with the Wii U but will they be necessary for any of the Wii U games? Reason is, my son traded in his Wii awhile back and no longer has anything from the original Wii.

for some multiplayer games you can use the wiimote, in NSMBU or Nintendo land, i dont know if you can use the pro controler in these 2 games, black ops 2 supports all wii u and wii controllers so there is no need
Posted Image

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

They are needed for some 2 Player games, other than that I dunno, I still think Nintendo should have dropped support for Wii Motes, they are last gen.

#11 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

^^^ just stack one on top of the other, like a sensor bar tower lol

I was planning to do that but it would look like this xD

shjitdd.jpg

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

You never needed a sensor bar in the first place. It's just two light sources.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

I would be using the U's sensor bar as well because the games that I'm getting are going to use them. Although, it might get messy because I also have a sensor bar connected to the Wii. That might look awkward, 2 sensor bars next to each other, lol.

Haha! I may have to do that too. Now, imagine both running at the same time...

You never needed a sensor bar in the first place. It's just two light sources.

Ever tried the good ol' candle trick? I got it to work a bit, but it kept opting in and out.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

I used two torches one time.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

That's awesome.

#16 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

I need it because I want to play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 with the wiimote and nunchuck.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

I damn well better be needing mine.

Nintendo is NUTS if they think I am going to let them get away with an ENTIRE GENERATION with only 3 REAL GAME titles actually making decent use of the damn motion controls, and only ONE from Nintendo.

Game pads cool, but I give a rats patootie, not every game needs to use it, and we are NOT done with motion+. We barely even started. I should have an entire generation based off of the control advancements of red steel 2 and skyward sword, with them being the most primitive games that actually worked, like the difference between oot and windwakers controls.

Ubisoft wants to support wii u?

I DEMAND red steel 3, with an ACTUAL BUDGET this time. Based off of red steel 2's world of course, rs1 can rot in a ditch and be forgotten. Put some of the budget behind asscreed into something worthwhile for once. Open World, Sprawling, Red dead style open, with refined combat mechanics already set in place with red steel 2.

I demand compensation for the squandered potential of this generations motion controls.

Edited by 3Dude, 11 November 2012 - 09:38 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

I damn well better be needing mine.

Nintendo is NUTS if they think I am going to let them get away with an ENTIRE GENERATION with only 3 REAL GAME titles actually making decent use of the damn motion controls, and only ONE from Nintendo.

Game pads cool, but I give a rats patootie, not every game needs to use it, and we are NOT done with motion+. We barely even started. I should have an entire generation based off of the control advancements of red steel 2 and skyward sword, with them being the most primitive games that actually worked, like the difference between oot and windwakers controls.

Ubisoft wants to support wii u?

I DEMAND red steel 3, with an ACTUAL BUDGET this time. Based off of red steel 2's world of course, rs1 can rot in a ditch and be forgotten. Put some of the budget behind asscreed into something worthwhile for once. Open World, Sprawling, Red dead style open, with refined combat mechanics already set in place with red steel 2.

I demand compensation for the squandered potential of this generations motion controls.

UMADBRO? I hate motion controlls urrrgggg horrible :angry:

#19 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Damn, thank you. It's annoying setting up a sensor bar on top of a freaking flat screen TV.

#20 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

They actually work better ontop of the tv, i just lay mine flat on top of my flat screen, the stand isnt needed.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!