43 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

UMADBRO? I hate motion controlls urrrgggg horrible :angry:

I am incredibly mad. What a gigantic waste. Wed still be using the d-pad if they were this lazy in the n64 generation.

You hate motion controls because you havent played any, only games that utilize ailivemoves 'record motion' feature, aka WAGGLE aka COMPLETE CRAP. Which is exactly why I am so pissed. As I stated earlier, only 3 full games on the entire system actually used motion controls.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

I am incredibly mad. What a gigantic waste. Wed still be using the d-pad if they were this lazy in the n64 generation.

You hate motion controls because you havent played any, only games that utilize ailivemoves 'record motion' feature, aka WAGGLE aka COMPLETE CRAP. Which is exactly why I am so pissed. As I stated earlier, only 3 full games on the entire system actually used motion controls.

I have played actually, and I hate them, who the hell in their right mind wants to come home after a long day at work, grafting to flail about like a giant man child eh? Give me a comfy sofa, a bottle of beer and a proper controller.

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

I have played actually, and I hate them, who the hell in their right mind wants to come home after a long day at work, grafting to flail about like a giant man child eh? Give me a comfy sofa, a bottle of beer and a proper controller.

No, Youve played waggle crap, falsely advertised as motion control. And like anyone with a sane mind, hated it. Only waggle requires flailing arms, as you have to recreate the same stupid movement the dev recorded to triggeer the action. Crap.

And, if by chance, you actually did play one of the actual games that does have motion control, you were far too jaded by being constantly slapped in the face by waggle crap to spend the time to realize the difference.

Edited by 3Dude, 11 November 2012 - 10:36 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

No, Youve played waggle crap, falsely advertised as motion control. And like anyone with a sane mind, hated it.

And, if by chance, you actually did play one of the actual games that does have motion control, you were far too jaded by being constantly slapped in the face by waggle crap to spend the time to realize the difference.

Even if they are decent games after a hard days work I don't feel like standing up and waving my arms about, I like to relax a little, I really don't like motion controlls, no matter how they perfect them, it was a gimmick, it's over, or it should be.

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

Even if they are decent games after a hard days work I don't feel like standing up and waving my arms about, I like to relax a little, I really don't like motion controlls, no matter how they perfect them, it was a gimmick, it's over, or it should be.

Yeah, you only stand up and wave arms for waggle crap. You are exactly the reason I am so pissed at devs this gen. They completely and absolutely failed you.

Actuial motion control games use the motion sensing as a 6x analog input. In other words, an analog stick can get you 360 degress of rotation on a single plane. Motion controls can get you 360 degrees of movement on 3 different planes at the same time along with transitional movement on 3 planes. And all you have to do is slightly move your wrist.

Ailivemoves motion record, ie waggle, ie the only kinds of games you have been unfortunate enough to play, forces the player to mimmick the same movement the dev made at the time of the recording. And all you get is a single response. Its nothing more than a button press. Its 359x less functional than an analog stick, and its annoying as all hell.

I play motion control games, REAL motion control games with one hand up on the back of the couch or the arm rest and the other resting in my lap.

Posted Image

I did this with my hand comfortably in my lap.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Yeah, you only stand up and wave arms for waggle crap. You are exactly the reason I am so pissed at devs this gen. They completely and absolutely failed you.

Actuial motion control games use the motion sensing as a 6x analog input. In other words, an analog stick can get you 360 degress of rotation on a single plane. Motion controls can get you 360 degrees of movement on 3 different planes at the same time along with transitional movement on 3 planes. And all you have to do is slightly move your wrist.

Ailivemoves motion record, ie waggle, ie the only kinds of games you have been unfortunate enough to play, forces the player to mimmick the same movement the dev made at the time of the recording. And all you get is a single response. Its nothing more than a button press. Its 359x less functional than an analog stick, and its annoying as all hell.

I play motion control games, REAL motion control games with one hand up on the back of the couch or the arm rest and the other resting in my lap.

Posted Image

I did this with my hand comfortably in my lap.

Fair enough, but we all know how lazy devs are, to them the Wii motes are dead now.

#27 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Fair enough, but we all know how lazy devs are, to them the Wii motes are dead now.

Which is why I have no intention of letting them forget their complete and absolute failure this last gen as long as wii u supports motion controls.

I will constantly hound ubisoft about red steel 3. I dont even care if they have to change the name of the series because of the stigma of the garbage first title.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#28 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

flail about like a giant man child

I take offence at this comment.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#29 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

I take offence at this comment.

Why?

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

Why?

Hes either blaster or master?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

Why?

Because it's Nollog.

Posted Image

#32 GoodGuy

GoodGuy

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

Will I need a sensor bar to play NSMBU with the wii remote plus?

#33 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

Will I need a sensor bar to play NSMBU with the wii remote plus?

No, like nsmbwii, nsmbu utilizes the accelerometers for whatever small motions it has you perform, and doesnt use the ir.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#34 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

I'll be using mine. I have a few Wii games, and I'll probably play them, too!

I have a question, though. Will any Wii U games require the sensor bar? Like, how about Metroid Blast? Does that rely completely on the accelerometer for placement of the crosshairs on the screen? Or does it use the sensor bar as well?

Oh, whoops... Didn't read the OP as well as I could have. xD

Edited by MatrixChicken, 12 November 2012 - 07:07 AM.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#35 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

I stopped playing the Wii before Motion Plus came out. Did the FPS games start using the 1:1 Motion Plus input instead of the Sensor Bar?

#36 korgamer

korgamer

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

doesn't a few mini games from nintendo require the wii remotes? Anyhow, I will need the sensor bar thats included with the Wii U because unfortunately I haven't got around to the first Wii so Im eager to play all the games I missed. Here i come Zelda, Metriod, Xenoblade, Last story, etc. :P

I stopped playing the Wii before Motion Plus came out. Did the FPS games start using the 1:1 Motion Plus input instead of the Sensor Bar?

I don't understand. The Wii remote plus doesn't take advantage of the sensor bar?

#37 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

doesn't a few mini games from nintendo require the wii remotes? Anyhow, I will need the sensor bar thats included with the Wii U because unfortunately I haven't got around to the first Wii so Im eager to play all the games I missed. Here i come Zelda, Metriod, Xenoblade, Last story, etc. :P

I don't understand. The Wii remote plus doesn't take advantage of the sensor bar?

I'm asking if Wii Motion Plus games decided to just ignore the sensor bar and use motion plus for all the input data. If motion plus truly is 1:1 then this should of been a viable option. I'm just not sure since I didn't use the Wii past year 2 and motion plus came out later.

I went ahead and purchased 3 motion plus controllers for the Wii U though.

#38 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

I need it because I want to play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 with the wiimote and nunchuck.

More power to ya man. I never got used to that control scheme. So used to a standard controller setup. I will be using the gamepad or pro for all fps
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#39 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

I'm asking if Wii Motion Plus games decided to just ignore the sensor bar and use motion plus for all the input data. If motion plus truly is 1:1 then this should of been a viable option. I'm just not sure since I didn't use the Wii past year 2 and motion plus came out later.

From my experience with Skyward Sword, you only needed the sensor bar for calibration. After that was done you could throw the sensor bar out the window if you wanted to (not the best idea, but you get the point).
Posted Image

#40 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

I think you're confusing motion sensing with pointer functionality. They are not the same thing. Some games require both and some require one or the other. Motion plus is just a more accurate and sophisticated version of the original Wii motion control. For example a game like Boom Blox on the Wii uses both. One is not a replacement for the other. The sensor bar will still be needed for those games that utilise the pointer functionality.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 12 November 2012 - 01:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!