Photo

About all the voice-chat/achievements complains...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Ive been reading a lot gaf today and im really pissed off for whats the people saying, the original statement from the scribbernauts dev that said that the wii u dont have system-wide achievements also mentioned that the online infrastucture of wii u and miiverse are at theyr infancy... the people are raging like if this situation was going to be like this forever...

what i want to mean is do you really think this is going to be like this forever?? i dont think so, even the ps3 had no trophies system at launch, now with a more mothern OS and ram etc nintendo can just make a system update and add the cross-game voice chat or the achievements system and patch other possible annoyances like the Mic on the gamepad

what is pissing me off is the people who is making a whole mountain from a grain of salt because of that carp, i think with the wii u nintendo is starting theyr "online" era and from now on there will be only improvements it would be nice to have ALL features from the very beginning but it seems not possible, so give them more time to improve all the infrastucture like MS and sony did with the 360 and ps3 in theyr early life...
Posted Image

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

As long as there is stuff to complain about, people will complain. Once they get what they want they will find something else to complain about. It's an endless cycle so I wouldn't let it get to you to much.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Third parties complained when Nintendo forced certain control schemes, ways of doing things etc. on them in previous generations.
Nintendo is now saying "do what you want", and not enforcing things like use of the mic in games, achievements, etc.
People complain.

I doubt achievements will be added later.
I think what Nintendo are doing is what the CORE want anyway, which is your achievements in the game can be shared out over miiverse.
I doubt they'll add voice chat either. But this has a better chance of happening imo.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Some people like to complain, I say let them complain and get the steam out.

Edited by SDDMN, 12 November 2012 - 03:01 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#5 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

For the mic problem, they could always just make a wireless one. There's nothing preventing them from making a wireless mic that can plug into the USB port. As for achievements and voice chat, they could always be added in an update. But there's nothing hinting at achievements or no achievements. But I really don't use voice chat, and achievements are nice bonuses. I can live without them both.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Haters gonna hate, people gonna complain, people fail to realise all these things can be sorted via system update.

#7 korgamer

korgamer

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

I certainly hope they add those features.

#8 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

People have a right to complain. It is almost the year 2013 and Nintendo still can't get these damn features in the system. To the average nintendo fan, these features mean squat, but to people interested in getting there gaming friends to join in on the big N's first HD console, it's not going to look good. It doesn't bother me much as i already have an xbox for my 3rd party needs, but this is not helping them at all. So what if the features are added in a year later via an update, your first impression to core gamers is already tarnished and by that time the other new systems will be releasing. I would love for my real life buddies to join me on the WiiU, but i already know they will not waste there time.

Edited by Varg, 13 November 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#9 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I don't care about trophies, the chat thing I hope they sort out quickly.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#10 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

People have a right to complain. It is almost the year 2013 and Nintendo still can't get these damn features in the system. To the average nintendo fan, these features mean squat, but to people interested in getting there gaming friends to join in on the big N's first HD console, it's not going to look good. It doesn't bother me much as i already have an xbox for my 3rd party needs, but this is not helping them at all. So what if the features are added in a year later via an update, your first impression to core gamers is already tarnished and by that time the other new systems will be releasing. I would love for my real life buddies to join me on the WiiU, but i already know they will not waste their time with it.

Edit- Sorry for the double post.

Edited by Varg, 13 November 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Posted Image

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic