• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

I was told there is no midnight launch at my store because of their pay schedule. The way the employees get paid at gamestop would be all messed up because the system comes out on a sunday and some people would be getting over time. So, if it was released on any other day, I am pretty sure ALL stores would be doing a midnight launch.

That's horse poop, because the remainder hours would be added onto their NEXT wage packet.
When I would get paid at the end of the 4 weeks on a Friday, but still worked that same Friday, it would be put into my next wage packet.

They're lying to you.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#22 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

That's horse poop, because the remainder hours would be added onto their NEXT wage packet.
When I would get paid at the end of the 4 weeks on a Friday, but still worked that same Friday, it would be put into my next wage packet.

They're lying to you.

First, I really could care less. Second..why would they lie about something so dumb?lol maybe their pay period ends sunday night and the people working sat night would send them over, thus giving them overtime. Who knowsssss. Maybe after doing 2 other midnight launches in 2 weeks they just dont want to do another? very understandable.

#23 AJsAWiz

AJsAWiz

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

I think it varies per store, mine opens 9am on Sunday, but other forum members have stated theirs is at midnight.

I think you are right. The manager at my local GameStop said he wasn't doing a midnight launch because he worked a 65 hour work week . But said he'd be at the store at 8:30 am Sunday even thought they were supposed to open at 9:00 am.
I, had one in the layaway pre order program at WallyWorld but got a call, yesterday, from GameStop because they had one extra WiiU. And since I was the first one on the wait list, the extra 32 gb Wii U would go to me.

So, it's either midnight at WallyWorld or 8:30 am at GameStop.

#24 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Wow... My GameStop in Canada has a Midnight Release... AND I'M IN CANADA.
Posted Image

#25 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragonball/Z/GT, CBB, FMA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

No midnight launch in my state. I'm a little puzzled as to why, but perhaps it's best. I didn't want to have to hurt someone if they tried to rob me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!