Photo

Anybody who wont get wii U at launch day?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

I will not buy it at launch day, or the month after and the reason is, wii U tech is not that expensive to cost us 400 euro!! 600 dollars!!! (to be more specific the price starts from 380 euros and goes up, depends the store).

So, I will wait, till price drops, dramatic price drops. I was expecting it, for about 250-270, with this tech and as a new system... Not 400!!! (and without hdd) My delay also, may give some nice benefits in bundles, also a wii U with ethernet port? (plus more games to choose from).

here is a list of shops for the premium packet https://www.skroutz....-Pack-32GB.html
and here is wii U with only 8 (3gigs of usable data) https://www.skroutz....c-Pack-8GB.html

Edited by Orion, 15 November 2012 - 06:52 AM.

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

Nintendo is actually taking a loss on the Wii U. So it must be expensive.

I plan on getting a Wii U at launch, if I can.

#3 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

I cant believe its a loss, you can buy a mid range desktop (without monitor) pc with that money...

#4 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

I'm not :(

wjapt2.jpg

#5 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

too bad for you, youll have to wait 2 years or so probably, min 1, and what does mean with this tech? is more powerful than the current gen and also the pad is expensive too
Posted Image

#6 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

too bad for you, youll have to wait 2 years or so probably, min 1, and what does mean with this tech? is more powerful than the current gen and also the pad is expensive too

2 years? u joking!! If I have to wait 2 years, I wont buy it at all.. hahahahahahaha... I bet the following spring, we may see some price reduction and maybe some updated devs by nintendo... Depends the sales ofcourse and customer demand (after the first month).

Edited by Orion, 15 November 2012 - 07:24 AM.

#7 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

2 years? u joking!! If I have to wait 2 years, I wont buy it at all.. hahahahahahaha... I bet the following spring, we may see some price reduction and maybe some updated devs by nintendo... Depends the sales ofcourse and customer demand (after the first month).

not two years that is exaggeration the wii U is mass produced guys I mean come on think about it

wjapt2.jpg

#8 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

POPULAR

wtf a price cut in only 6 month or so ? lol unless nintendo is dying or something that wont happen, atleast give it 1 year for the launch of the next xbox but i dont think it will be getting a price cut earlier than that

Edited by Stormage09, 15 November 2012 - 07:33 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Nintendo is actually taking a loss on the Wii U. So it must be expensive.

For those who don't believe: http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-20095125

#10 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

I know what nintendo claims, but i also know what nintendo does... They sell (recycle) tech and get money from it. Thats what nintendo speaks about, they earn less than they did in wii or gamecube... Eg wii tech cost them 50 bucks, but they sold it 200-150-110 after... even at that price, they earn alot... Thats what they mean probably.

But there is a problem at that price range... If you want to sell a console at that price (400), you must offer at least, the same horse power (tech wise) with at least a low range pc, at this generation.... Wii U, is older tech wize than the low range pc, but it costs as a mid range pc!!!.. I believe its unbalanced. So nintendo is not dying, but they experiment alot with the prices, the same what happened with 3ds...

I mean with 400 you can get

an AMD 8350 with a mobo, psu, ram and a box... and its mid to high range pc (depends) the graphic card...

Edited by Orion, 15 November 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#11 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Selling it now as a loss, doesn't mean that it will continue that way in the future.
As shown in that source,

"Sell now, profit later"

#12 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

Wii tech cost 200 bucks. They sold it for 250.

#13 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Wii tech cost 200 bucks. They sold it for 250.

wii tech? please elaborate :D

wjapt2.jpg

#14 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

wii was an overclocked gamecube... How is it possible to cost 200 bucks as parts and not as a retail. They could simply give us a firmware on gamecube and have a similar wii.... How much gamecube cost, I cant remember... I have it though.. (the purple one). Nintendo is cheeky with the tech.. :P

Edited by Orion, 15 November 2012 - 08:02 AM.

#15 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

wii was an overclocked gamecube... How is it possible to cost 200 bucks as parts and not as a retail. They could simply give us a firmware on gamecube and have a similar wii.... How much gamecube cost, I cant remember... I have it though.. (the purple one)

No they couldn't. Only the CPU is overclocked. It had a different GPU and more RAM.

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

it was just a small pick better than gamecube in graphs... but gamecube had a better value... look at this http://www.ign.com/b...amecube-vs-wii/

They simply counted chronologically, all the games released on both systems and they got score from 8.5 to 10.... So gamecube was a success for gamers... wii was a success in units.

Edited by Orion, 15 November 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#17 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

I'm sorry to say this but, you're changing the subject, and grabbing at straws.

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

I'm getting one, I pre ordered :P

#19 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

I'm sorry to say this but, you're changing the subject, and grabbing at straws.

No I am not.. Basically there is an article on the net, presenting both systems, as equal, but wii just a bit overclocked and with sensor bar feature. Even though, nintendo overclocked the same 10 year old cpu for both systems and charged it more.. and they just added an 1.5x better gpu (as claimed?) that means this gpu was a gamecube age part (xbox was 1x-2x than gamecube in graphics and it was a competitor of gamecube.. sooooo).. extremely cheap.. So you do have to elaborate, how you made up the 200 bucks... I say 50 bucks maximum.

Ok I forgive you for this one :P .. lets just stay on topic and speak about wii U and its price. I find it expensive for its tech and I will wait... The basic principal of "you pay what you get" wii U is not complying with that.

Edited by Orion, 15 November 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#20 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

You'll be waiting a long time then, because Nintendo have said they won't be dropping the price any time soon.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!