• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Sure, to us it sounds like a ridiculous idea, but at this point I'm not willing to put it past Sony. With all the crap decisions they've been making, this would just be par for the course. And this is coming from someone who only knew console gaming by the PS1 and PS2 before this generation.

It does not just sound ridiculous it is ridiculous and this whole thing is redundant as you know what. Truly it would stop in no time flat if the other companies did not pick it up. People would take their business else where to the point of Sony changing it. No one is going to play say, "Call of Duty" to get an advertisement when they can play it on PC, Wii U, Xbox, Vita, or 3DS with no advertisement. It is just a no brainer that it would not happen. Not to mention what was stated in my last post being as we are not even in digital first and retail second days. Only way I see this happening in a logical outlook for any business is of two ways.
1) Sony & Microsoft adapt just this to work (Nintendo would likely not have to pick this up to make it a success. Mainly because a lot of people do not think "Nintendo" when they think about online gaming). Edit: PC probably would not even have to pick this up. No offense to console gamers, but a lot of them just eat all the crap up given to them. They do not even bat an eyelid and just accept everything without complaining. A random example is of GFW-L, on the PC it use to be 50USD a year to use. Gamers complained, it became free to play online. While Xbox gamers had to keep paying to play online...
2) Sony puts ads on free games & timed demos from PS+. Why this would work is because your not really paying for games & getting basically a rental so more people would allow this to fly by them. Sort of a revenue for something your not paying for. Well other than the PS+ service for cloud savings and blah blah blah.

Edited by UnholyVision, 17 November 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#22 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

If anything is to happen on used games it would be similar to PS3 or Vita. Online passes & factory restores to activate trophies. Most likely that protection method will last a good while before they pay people to code out other protection methods.

Backwards compatability is a given on Microsoft and Sony consoles and sort of on Nintendo consoles (At least so far their just supporting the previous only in later systems). Either a select few games do not work or none at all due to a format change. If you buy Sony you might as well be prepared for this. I have been buying more digital based on Sony (more so on Vita than PS3) more and more these days. At least with digital you have hopes of playing it on the next one up. Perhaps even keeping your saves without a transfer if you pay for PS+ to store your game saves.

You might as well quit gaming in general if you do not like advertisements in your games. They have been happening for years and will continue to do so in the future.
Posted Image Ah, poweraid inz me gmez. Wer be me hammer tu bash conzules.

How I read this poor English is something similar to the PS Vita. Press the PS Button, get the overlay for tabs, and have your options with three PS Vita related ad blocks sitting at the bottom of the screen. Nothing huge, in the way, et cetera. Only a company trying to advertise there store related items, because not everyone has to enter the PS Store. It is an option bubble that is not required to be opened.

And thats why people should stick with Nintendo

Signature_DK.png

#23 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

And thats why people should stick with Nintendo

....... Stick with Nintendo for what exactly? Because all games have ads some way or another. Maybe you mean stick with Nintendo because you may not have tons of quality third party ads due to the lack of them. Which I would hope this round is different. Or are you implying that there are not game related ads on the Wii? Because the whole MiiVerse is an advertisement of games in the long run. Ahem, "More chances to encounter new games" and all those little game bubbles and people talking about them for Nintendo.
Posted Image

#24 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

This information sounds like a nightmare... also sounds incredibly off. If it turns out to be true however... *focuses on my doubts for now T_T*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!