• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

I agree there is a lot of things that can be done graphic wise.

I thought i would just get ignorant hate comments, thank you :)

1367065580450s.jpg

#62 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

It's not that I think there can't be graphical improvements. It's just going to feel like it's going to take forever.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#63 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

If a consoles replaces polygons with atoms then you can make individual pores on a persons face.

But you can't make animations as good as the ones of polygons.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#64 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

But you can't make animations as good as the ones of polygons.

All that matters is the graphics to graphics whores.....
They couldn't care less about anything else so if it has better graphics then Wii U is kiddy to them.

1367065580450s.jpg

#65 Nintendofanboy53

Nintendofanboy53

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:32 PM

Well apparently Microsoft are making a console for casual gamers and there is a lot of market for it so it sort of varies

#66 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:05 AM

Well apparently Microsoft are making a console for casual gamers and there is a lot of market for it so it sort of varies

These days console manufacturers can't afford to aim for one particular audience. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft will be going for everyone.

#67 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:52 AM

All that matters is the graphics to graphics whores.....
They couldn't care less about anything else so if it has better graphics then Wii U is kiddy to them.

You know that animation is part of graphics, right?

And to respond to your earlier statement, no one denies that graphics can be sent further, it's just that we won't be seeing a huge burst of graphics. Diminishing returns, just Diminishing returns...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#68 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:59 AM

You know that animation is part of graphics, right?

And to respond to your earlier statement, no one denies that graphics can be sent further, it's just that we won't be seeing a huge burst of graphics. Diminishing returns, just Diminishing returns...

Exactly. Graphics can get better, but we are quickly approaching a standstill. How much more realistic can games like Call of Duty get without using actual people?

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#69 Nintendofanboy53

Nintendofanboy53

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:25 AM

These days console manufacturers can't afford to aim for one particular audience. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft will be going for everyone.

Well that is a good point but what I said before was a rumour so.............

#70 Josephus

Josephus

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:20 AM

Exactly. Graphics can get better, but we are quickly approaching a standstill. How much more realistic can games like Call of Duty get without using actual people?

Call of Duty is a poor example, since it´s graphically quite midrangend (for consoles). But I know what you meant.
Well, the very truth is: Games are restricted to the quality of animated films. And animated films are restricted to the quality of reality.
Animations in films can nowadays be very, very close to reality. But think how it was 20 years ago.
The overwhelming part of videogames is nowadays far away from reality, the remaining part is just not close. If you disagree, think again.

As I see it, there will be one noticable jump in graphics (like ps1 to ps2) with the eighth console generation, and then everything will slow down a lot(The PS5 for instance could be released 2030ish).

#71 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

well one i said it was a RUMOR! i guess just like the rumor that nintendo was showing a new console E3 this year.... how did that turn out? anyway i think anyone with common sense knows the next xbox and Playstation will be more powerful than Wii U without us even knowing yet how powerful Wii U is. what i was saying is that "IF" this rumors does come true and microsoft shows their new console at E3 2012 knowing it will be more powerful than Wii U that could be bad for nintendo's lets get the hardcore back movement.

id like to point out that the new console was not a rumor a month or two before E3, I remember watching a video of Iwata standing on a stage talking about how thier next console is going to be revealed at E3, and that It has lots of power for HD but that wont matter (very confident of the controller, but nobody knew about it so that remark was mysterious.), Second...

Nintendo seems to be the most creative out of the big three, so unless Sony or Microsoft come up with a mind boggling idea within a year ,the only thing they might possibly beat the WiiU at is power.... and at the rate technology moves, as fast as it is, they'd have to make a very high end computer to trump the WiiU, costing well over the reasonable amount for a highselling, wide market device.

Also Nintendo wont lose the hardcore market completely, this site sorta proves that. It's series and style have too many fans to be overwhelmed by MS or Sony, Do not worry young grass hopper, Nintendo will continue with quality for at least 7 years.... then the Robots will rise up!!
Posted Image

#72 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:37 AM

There are a LOT of very reasonable responses to the original "worries" being posted here, so I won't waste everyone's time by reiterating. I would only add that Nintendo does, in fact, have to "worry" about about its competition... though certainly not, as others have so eloquently explained, because of the obvious fact that its tech will be somewhat "behind" them.

Nintendo's only real worry is the same as it always has been - to stay relevant to a market with decidedly Western tastes and a voracious appetite for social networking. Nintendo has been struggling for a while with these elements... and I think that it is ultimately this battle that will decide the "console war" for this next cycle. Can Nintendo make games that capture the Western imagination (which means some new IPs), and can they keep us connected in the way that we have come to expect from any/all of our electronic devices? I don't know... but I hope so.

#73 Matt

Matt

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Fandom:
    Touhou

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:47 PM

How much more powerful can a gaming console get while still being practical to play and develop for? In my opinion, until someone figures out how to make point-cloud graphics work well with games, we're pretty much set on graphics. The more polygons in a model, the more time and money it takes to develop. Skyrim looks amazing, but ultimately, isn't it running on hardware from half a decade ago? You really have to look hard to notice the difference in graphics between games from 2007 and games from 2011, even on the PC.

So, no, Nintendo's not gonna get the console one-up. It's gonna come down to games in 2012 at the rate we're going now.

#74 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

Normally i would say, that it would'nt really matter. Nintendo has a loyal fan base and as long as it wasnt to shabby, they would sell millions! But this time nintendo has come shouting saying "we want to win the hardcore gamers back" Im worrid that if M.S and Sony come out and show new consoles, the hardcore gamers wont come over to nintendos new beast and stick with what they know. This would mean that Nintendo would have lost a battle and the console wont be as sucessful as they hoped. Im still getting one though!

#75 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:48 AM

Regardless of whether a competitor show a new console next year or not, Wii U will still have many more core fans than before. The main reason is 3rd party support. The reason why multi-platform developers did not include for Wii was because the lack of power would require the game's engine to be scaled down very much; it just wasn't worth it. Now that the Wii U has much power, the margins of power between Wii U, the next Xbox, and the next PlayStation are not going to be as large as they were this generation, allowing more developers the desire to include Wii U support for their games.

Basically, there will be more 3rd party support, making more core fans happy with hat Wii U has to offer.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!