• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bkpiazza

Bkpiazza

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Hey everyone. I know I'm a new user but have been watching you all from afar for weeks (creepy?) anyway I tried to register during that time but kept getting errors finally went through.

Just wanted to throw out my two cents on the wii u (I literally own every recent system as well so I have a good base for comparison- ps3 360 vita 3ds wii self built gaming pc)

Recently I started feeling so jaded about games. It was like I'd keep trying to get into a game and just couldn't. Everything felt so stale, even my old favorites.

The way I look at the wii u is that it's something new, and it feels fresh. Maybe it's not as powerful as we hoped (still debatable), and for people complaining about launch titles and graphics....you need to look at Xbox and ps3 launch titles. Resistance and cod 2 were not huge graphical improvements over previous systems. It takes time for devs to adapt to a new kit...especially after working with the same hardware for 8 years.

The os is intuitive and feels very alive. Miiverse is a great new way to communicate and connect to other gamers. The browser is fast and responsive ( I didn't reach for my ipad once last night). The load times are terrible, yes, but we all know this will be addressed in a patch very soon.

And the game pad. Wow this thing is impressive. Gimmicky? I think not. How have we been gaming without this thing for so long. I hope every future controller has a touchscreen from here on out. Really immersive way to game and although the display is not hd I wouldn't have known it to look. Crisp vivid and responsive. Once I get a nice silicon cover to help my grip this thing will be perfect.

So far I've played NSMBU Nintendo Land and Zombiu. I haven't played a Mario side scroller since snes and man I SUCK haha but it's beautifully designed and a lot of nostalgic fun. NL is really addictive and the visual design of the mini games are very aesthetically pleasing. A nice intro to the system (although its no sports champion). Zombiu is terrifying haha. Idk why so many people complain about the graphics. Being a pc gamer primarily I am definitely a graphics connessieur (whore) and am very impressed by the visuals. Very atmospheric and fitting for the type of game it is. Controls are definitely floaty but I'm sure ill adapt.

Anyway I'm very happy with the first impressions this has made on me and in no way feel buyers remorse for my purchase. To those of you feeling bummed because of too high expectations or just feel disappointed remember its a launch. Launches, as a rule (although there are exceptions) are not smooth. Bugs will be fixed, graphics improved, patches released. If you find yourself happy with the general features and innovations of his new system then I'm sure it will be a good fit in the long run!

Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors I'm typing on an ipad in my lap. Thanks for listening to the ramblings of a new member!
Please feel free to add me -Wii U ID: BKPiazza

#2 KaptainKrunch

KaptainKrunch

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Great review man, I feel exactly the same way, I'm loving the system!! I have the same 3 games as well, great stuff :)

And all I can say for the future is, Zelda in HD.... Hehe

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

I agree 100% I can't wait to get mine :D

#4 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Glad you like it and welcome to our fourms!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#5 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

First welcome to the forms and awesome post I couldn't agree with you more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!