Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

Yeah i thought it was bit odd that you were being strict. At least you have some good logic behind it unlike most of other people who complain about rule breaking.

ok thats all fine and well that it is illegal, but i think having a light hearted chat about piracy and a light hearted chat about rape, are two completly different issues on two completely different levels.

Also, im not really complaining about this particular issue, but more about people constantly "reporting" each other on here for small, petty, or stupid reasons (again not aiming at this topic in particular since Auzzie Wingman gave a good reason that was more than just "cuz it beaks the rules")

Not trying to sound like a jerk here..just saying....just talking about how someone hacked it is fine as we aren't breaking rules..but the OP posed a link to the video in which also talks about a tutorial on how to do it. That we can't solicit on these forums. I just wanted to compare - could of used a better comparison..here...if we were talking about a bank robbery..ok..but if we had information showing how it was done and how to get into bank vaults..that's completely different lol.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#22 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

Posted Image

Rules are there for a reason, and that reason is to be followed. Wasn't aware it was a horrible problem to follow the rules of the forum.

Its not a problem to follow the rules, but i am just talking about these people who go about reporting everyone for every little rule they break. I already said that Auzzie Wingman's reasoning behind reporting this topic made sense and he is not one of these people who goes around reporting everyone.

#23 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

Also, im not really complaining about this particular issue, but more about people constantly "reporting" each other on here for small, petty, or stupid reasons

Oh c'mon, I was just trolling Big Bird that time!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#24 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

Not trying to sound like a jerk here..just saying....just talking about how someone hacked it is fine as we aren't breaking rules..but the OP posed a link to the video in which also talks about a tutorial on how to do it. That we can't solicit on these forums. I just wanted to compare - could of used a better comparison..here...if we were talking about a bank robbery..ok..but if we had information showing how it was done and how to get into bank vaults..that's completely different lol.

Nah man, i know youre not trying to be a jerk, niether am i. Im just starting to get annoyed with a few people on here who are constantly reporting people instead of having discussions.

Oh c'mon, I was just trolling Big Bird that time!

lol i wasnt speaking about you, im talking more about the younger users of this forum.

#25 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

lol i wasnt speaking about you, im talking more about the younger users of this forum.

To be honest, there's no surprise. Young people may feel inclined to prove themselves as worthy additions to a forum or any other social network type, and believe that simply locating and reporting rule infringements is going to get them solid reputation. That's not to say it's a good or bad mentality, but one that can be improved on. Those types need to relax and soak in the ride for a while before getting out of the water and putting on some shoes.

Young people are also offended easily, giving less room for personalities to blemish their own. So they might report, taking things into a solid context of their own understanding, and having little to no breathing space of what others have typed.

Basically put, maturity takes it's own course. Let's take one of the youngest known members of the forum, Sensei No as an example. That kid didn't type like a 10 year old, did his own thing posting death metal songs, and practically set up the first of many "Ask me stuff" threads. Although, I worry that he does watch Ecchi.

A lot of it.

So, going back to youngsters making reports... let them. It's not like you are a forum staff member who has to sift through it all. At the same time, it's not like moderators don't look at the content, and think "Well, it's a report so it's valid." I'm sure the mods do go to the site of reports to assess whether or not actions need to be made.

AuzzieWingman.png

#26 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

To be honest, there's no surprise. Young people may feel inclined to prove themselves as worthy additions to a forum or any other social network type, and believe that simply locating and reporting rule infringements is going to get them solid reputation. That's not to say it's a good or bad mentality, but one that can be improved on. Those types need to relax and soak in the ride for a while before getting out of the water and putting on some shoes.

Young people are also offended easily, giving less room for personalities to blemish their own. So they might report, taking things into a solid context of their own understanding, and having little to no breathing space of what others have typed.

Basically put, maturity takes it's own course. Let's take one of the youngest known members of the forum, Sensei No as an example. That kid didn't type like a 10 year old, did his own thing posting death metal songs, and practically set up the first of many "Ask me stuff" threads. Although, I worry that he does watch Ecchi.

A lot of it.

So, going back to youngsters making reports... let them. It's not like you are a forum staff member who has to sift through it all. At the same time, it's not like moderators don't look at the content, and think "Well, it's a report so it's valid." I'm sure the mods do go to the site of reports to assess whether or not actions need to be made.

So wise :P

But yeah i get what youre saying, i guess thinking about it this is the only forum i visit which has users younger than 14/15

#27 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

Wow.

They managed to run homebrew on a Wii Emulator/sarcasm. This isn't impressive, tell me when they crack Miiverse or manage to get play Wii U games playing.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#28 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

Well, it's a forum for a product in 2012, Nintendo logo slapped on all over it, in an age where children are getting access to computers at a younger age.

I mean, I'm still part of Generation Y, but jeez I never had access to a computer with internet at home until I was 15, and now I've got a 9 year old sister smashing everyone's high scores in Facebook games.

It really doesn't surprise me, Hunter.

They managed to run homebrew on a Wii Emulator/sarcasm. This isn't impressive, tell me when they crack Miiverse or manage to get play Wii U games playing.

But to get it Day 1? Reckon someone got the giggles and thought "Hey, let's see if it works on the Wii U. It probably won't"... ... ...

Posted Image

AuzzieWingman.png

#29 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Security fail...

Signature_DK.png

#30 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

Hmm, not really. Nintendo knew if they didn't use an emulation system with the Wii U for Wii games, they have an even bigger hole to deal with. While yes you can play illegally obtained games on the Wii U, it's been made harder to use that as a gateway to getting at the Wii U itself. It's like with the 3DS. They attempted to render flashcarts invalid on the 3DS through manual override upon detection.

Nintendo knows they won't keep the hackers at bay forever, but are trying to make sure they do a damn good job at it. It's not a security fail if they've taken it into account. I would not at all be surprised if they already hacked the Wii U in-house, to see how they can overcome it.

AuzzieWingman.png

#31 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

Thread lock in 3 2 1

28gxdv8.png

#32 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

More like thread lock 2 hours ago. Not to say that pressuring the moderators does any good. They do work.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 20 November 2012 - 08:08 AM.

AuzzieWingman.png

#33 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Locking the thread for the reasons that other users have mentioned, in addition to the fact that it's already started to go off-topic.

As for the whole reporting posts issue, we appreciate it when users take the time to send reports, saying publicly that you've reported someone doesn't achieve anything and can make you look like a bit of a snitch. You're better off just reporting and leaving it for us to deal with or politely pointing out that a user is breaking the rules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!