#1 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

And he was right! ( about the tri-core cpu and slow ram )

this is from a very old dev kit that was less powerfull than the 360

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=5407

and this one some time after that with more powerful devkits ( dont really kown the date or if it was the last devkit version )

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=1420

he explains that you have to invest lot of effort and resources to make an "on par" port for the wii u from the 360 and thats why so many launch titles are now having different kind of issues, not because of the power itself but for its architecture, and he also says that titles build from the ground for the wii u will cleary show the real power of the wii u ( obviously more than 360/ps3 ) im hoping for the next zelda/metroid/bayonetta 2 to show that power.

he dont talks about how hard will be or not getting ports from the next xbox/ps, he mention it in the first post but thats from an old dev kid...

Edited by Stormage09, 19 November 2012 - 03:44 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yes, this is why people need to consider that some of the launch titles were built with weak Dev kits. The Pikmin 3 demo probably was.

#3 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Vigil and other developers have said it's very easy to develop for
Posted Image

#4 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Vigil and other developers have said it's very easy to develop for

maybe it is if you build the game form the ground for the wii u, but it seems that if you want to make a game for the wii u FROM a 360 version of that game the thing gets harder

Yes, this is why people need to consider that some of the launch titles were built with weak Dev kits. The Pikmin 3 demo probably was.

not exactly, the power of the wii u changed between those 2 post but the architecture remain the same, thats why he keeps saying in the second post that the same problems persist to port a game for the wii u from the 360 version, we can only hope that it will be easier to port from the 720 version lol

Edited by Stormage09, 19 November 2012 - 03:45 PM.

Posted Image

#5 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

also pikmin 3 started as a wii title to begin with so thats probably why it isnt graphically amazing, though it still looks great.

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Cant believe people are still confused on whats going on with this console graphics. just wait for the next round of games.

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Cant believe people are still confused on whats going on with this console graphics. just wait for the next round of games.

Nobody is really confused, they just want to know how much better the games will look in the future.

#8 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Nobody is really confused, they just want to know how much better the games will look in the future.

no people are confused. because obviously NEOGAF is a different place but most people on there are saying Wii U games will never reach better quality than the best of this gen. its hardware and architecture people. just give the ground up games a chance when they show up

Edited by GAMER1984, 19 November 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

no people are confused. because obviously NEOGAF is a different place but most people on there are saying Wii U games will never reach better quality than the best of this gen. its hardware and architecture people. just give the ground up games a chance when they show up

Haha, I misunderstood.

#10 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Exactly.

People don't seem to understand that developers don't utilize the full potential of consoles until it's near the end of it's life span.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

So what's the deal? Were people talking out of thier asses yesterday, is it more powerful than what they said, I just want answers?

#12 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

maybe it is if you build the game form the ground for the wii u, but it seems that if you want to make a game for the wii u FROM a 360 version of that game the thing gets harder

Vigil made darksiders 2 for Wii U, was not built from the ground up. By default they have more credibility than this guy especially since they said it on video
Posted Image

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Vigil made darksiders 2 for Wii U, was not built from the ground up. By default they have more credibility than this guy especially since they said it on video

It's easy to get your code running on it.
Optimisation is needed, and can take a while because it's a new console, and uses different hardware (like ooo cpu apparently) than the other consoles.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

It's easy to get your code running on it.
Optimisation is needed, and can take a while because it's a new console, and uses different hardware (like ooo cpu apparently) than the other consoles.

Out of order cpu makes no difference in that way. It can only be a plus and never a negative, you dont have to design code around out of order, like you do in order, as the cpu takes it out of order however the hell it weants to do it to get it done the fastest. You dont have to optimize for OoO. It will run code better than in order all by itself.

Different compilers, yeah that will do some damage, different architecture for sure, 360 code was designed around a cpu that was incredibly strong in flops and simd loops and pure crap at everything else. The wii u cpu seems to be well balanced, meaning its much much stronger in general purpose, and judging by port problems, strong enough to run poorly optimized flop centric code, but not as well as the system architecture it was designed for.

Arkham, Ive been dropping his name for months. Hes te one who said the vgleaks specs were BS, as the leak came from him, without his permission, and he was talking about the old v2 devkit (in comparison to the devkits v4 and up which he refers to as 'a little beast'.)

Arkham and multiple confirmed neogaf devs began talking about 600% code performance improvements with the devkit v4 release, which broke compatability with previous kits (forcing devs to start over and redo some stuff, or wait for the next version hoping compatability would be restored).

Even Shin en and level 5 talked about how slight optimizations allowed from the newer devkits allowed for 6x and higher improvements in code performance.

Games with assets made with the limitations of early kits in mind to make launch will be noticably.... less impressive than the second and beyond wave of games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

yes but wii U is still weaker in many things... cheap/weak ram, weak cpu, (they speak in other forums), cheap materials of the controller, no ethernet, no hdd, cheap flash memorys and the only thing stays to measure and see, is the edram and gpu... And this costs 400 euros in my country hahahahaha... In my countries forums, nobody is buying it, there is a small number 20-30 known people who bought it, they all turn to ps3 mostly here... so much.

I believe the edram, also the cache inside the cpu and the gpu is the good features of wii U... all the rest are.. cheap2cheap hahaha I wonder if there is still people who claim, that nintendo sales the machine in a loss.. thats a robbery
I cant understand 2 things.. Why nintendo pick such a cheap ram inside the wii U, this is the reason of the slow loadings, texture loading delays, etc... the only way to fix this problems, is to give us very low quality textures. And why they pick a weaker cpu than the 8-9 year old 360 and ps3...

The games that can look crispy and really nice, are the strategy, platforms, casual sport games, adventures, maybe some action games.. Not first person shooters or fast 3d though... Thats why they downscale the games from 1080 to 720p...and maybe lower.

Before the release I was pointing to 280 for the deluxe and 220 for the white wii U... Now I offer 150 for the white and 180 for the deluxe... (because its a new system)

Edited by Orion, 20 November 2012 - 05:53 AM.

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

yes but wii U is still weaker in many things... cheap/weak ram, weak cpu, (they speak in other forums), cheap materials of the controller, no ethernet, no hdd, cheap flash memorys and the only thing stays to measure and see, is the edram and gpu... And this costs 400 euros in my country hahahahaha... In my countries forums, nobody is buying it, there is a small number 20-30 known people who bought it, they all turn to ps3 mostly here... so much.

I believe the edram, also the cache inside the cpu and the gpu is the good features of wii U... all the rest are.. cheap2cheap hahaha I wonder if there is still people who claim, that nintendo sales the machine in a loss.. thats a robbery
I cant understand 2 things.. Why nintendo pick such a cheap ram inside the wii U, this is the reason of the slow loadings, texture loading delays, etc... the only way to fix this problems, is to give us very low quality textures. And why they pick a weaker cpu than the 8-9 year old 360 and ps3...

The games that can look crispy and really nice, are the strategy, platforms, casual sport games, adventures, maybe some action games.. Not first person shooters or fast 3d though... Thats why they downscale the games from 1080 to 720p...and maybe lower.

Before the release I was pointing to 280 for the deluxe and 220 for the white wii U... Now I offer 150 for the white and 180 for the deluxe... (because its a new system)

Please educate yourself before attempting to make posts like this.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

I would suggest u to open ur eyes also and read even Neogaf, toms, b3d, guru3d, etc... You cant accuse me all the time... the system is expensive whatever u say.

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

I would suggest u to open ur eyes also and read even Neogaf, toms, b3d, guru3d, etc... You cant accuse me all the time... the system is expensive whatever u say.

Im regilistered on beyond 3d. For nearly a decade.

Please educate yourself.

You can start with basic terms like memory heiarchy.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

why always funboys try to prove you that a donkey can fly, or make some eggs... I believe u.. hahahaha

but I have to agree and we all do, wii U is a true successor and big step of Nintendo… from wii

wii was not a successor of gamecube (for me personally).

Edited by Orion, 20 November 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

Out of order cpu makes no difference in that way. It can only be a plus and never a negative, you dont have to design code around out of order, like you do in order, as the cpu takes it out of order however the hell it weants to do it to get it done the fastest. You dont have to optimize for OoO. It will run code better than in order all by itself.

You sure?
Seems like an entirely different cpu design would need tweaks to get code running the way you want it to.

Edited by Nollog, 20 November 2012 - 07:33 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!