• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

Iwata (or Miyamoto) has said "It will take some time to do this but we don't want the 3Ds to have a lesser game then the Wii U."
We all know the sad fact that handheld can't take as much as current generation console. If he hold true to his word then the next super smash might be held back by the 3Ds hardware. Yes the 3Ds is more powerful then the Wii but they can't make a game with content then brawl which isn't what I was expecting with a console like more powerful then a Ps3.

1367065580450s.jpg

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

I dont really care if its "worse" than the Wii U version. I have been waiting for a portable Smash Bros game for years! Even if the 3DS version is like the n64, i could care less because it will be fun. I know that for sure. Although i say its probably gonna be like Melee because of the storage capacity on the 3DS, even though the 3DS is even more powerful than the Wii. I just cant wait for this game! :D

#3 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

in that case,they must realize that it doesnt work that way, people dont expect handheld versions to be just as good as a console version.

btw, they should hurry with the 8 gb cards, that would maybe help :D

#4 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:00 PM

He's not necesarily speaking about graphics, he could be speaking about content. He says it will take some time, so maybe they are going to wait for the 8 GB cards?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#5 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:30 AM

Wasn't the 3DS pretty much designed to be capable of delivering full console experiences on the go? An 8 GB cartridge might not sound like much compared to a 25 GB disc, but considering that they can get away with using much simpler models and textures on the smaller screen, I see it as totally possible for the game to be virtually identical content-wise on both platforms.

I do hope that they don't literally fill half of it with pre-rendered cutscenes like they did for SSBB, though. Don't get me wrong - they looked fantastic - but I'd much rather have another few gigabytes of genuine content instead. Besides, I'm pretty confident that they could pull them off in real-time, anyway, at least on the Wii U.

As for the 8 GB cartridges themselves, I'm quite sure Nintendo wouldn't mind giving them to Sakurai, of all people, a little early. I know they've already let Konami use 4 GB carts for Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D.

#6 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:51 AM

Wasn't the 3DS pretty much designed to be capable of delivering full console experiences on the go? An 8 GB cartridge might not sound like much compared to a 25 GB disc, but considering that they can get away with using much simpler models and textures on the smaller screen, I see it as totally possible for the game to be virtually identical content-wise on both platforms.

I do hope that they don't literally fill half of it with pre-rendered cutscenes like they did for SSBB, though. Don't get me wrong - they looked fantastic - but I'd much rather have another few gigabytes of genuine content instead. Besides, I'm pretty confident that they could pull them off in real-time, anyway, at least on the Wii U.

As for the 8 GB cartridges themselves, I'm quite sure Nintendo wouldn't mind giving them to Sakurai, of all people, a little early. I know they've already let Konami use 4 GB carts for Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D.

I know where your coming from, but I was hoping they'd use the full 25GB instead of only 8GB in order not to pass the 3Ds limit.
I know some of that can be saved by prerendering the cutscenes on the 3Ds but If they file is too large it might not display properly, you know what I'm talking about if you played black ops campaign on the Wii.

1367065580450s.jpg

#7 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:22 AM

I don't think the game will be entirely held back by the 3DS. I am sure that the 3DS will focus on single-player modes such as a SSE story mode and the Wii-U will focus on multi-player modes such as online. When it comes to those, you have nothing to worry about and considering that we're getting two different SSB4's, I think they'll accomplish their goals of preventing the 3DS version from being the lesser version without holding it back.

What I'm much more concern about is if the roster/stages/music are shared. Which pretty much means likely less than 40 slots if true. :D

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#8 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

I know where your coming from, but I was hoping they'd use the full 25GB instead of only 8GB in order not to pass the 3Ds limit.
I know some of that can be saved by prerendering the cutscenes on the 3Ds but If they file is too large it might not display properly, you know what I'm talking about if you played black ops campaign on the Wii.

I think you completely missed my point. I was trying to say that a Wii U game with the same amount of content as a 3DS equivalent would need more space than the 3DS version, due to the more complex models and textures they need to look great in 1080p, while the 3DS renders at only 240p. And pre-rendered cutscenes actually take up a lot more space than real-time ones.

I don't think the game will be entirely held back by the 3DS. I am sure that the 3DS will focus on single-player modes such as a SSE story mode and the Wii-U will focus on multi-player modes such as online. When it comes to those, you have nothing to worry about and considering that we're getting two different SSB4's, I think they'll accomplish their goals of preventing the 3DS version from being the lesser version without holding it back.

What I'm much more concern about is if the roster/stages/music are shared. Which pretty much means likely less than 40 slots if true. :D

As I said, you can do a lot more with 8 GB on a portable system than on an HD console. At the absolute minimum, we can expect a game the size of Brawl to be possible on the 3DS (and Brawl had over 300 songs in its soundtrack - do you really want more?). If they strip away the pre-rendered cutscenes, they could make an even bigger game - those took up about 4 GB alone on Brawl's 8 GB disc.

#9 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

He's not necesarily speaking about graphics, he could be speaking about content. He says it will take some time, so maybe they are going to wait for the 8 GB cards?

Erm, Yeah, that's the point of the thread.

But because the graphics won't be as awesome, it'd free up some data.

#10 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

I see.
So content wise the 3Ds could be greater then the xbox 360?
That would be cool and if the 3Ds would be in 720p then it would rival the xbox!

1367065580450s.jpg

#11 D.player

D.player

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    Megaman Zero

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

I see.
So content wise the 3Ds could be greater then the xbox 360?
That would be cool and if the 3Ds would be in 720p then it would rival the xbox!

God dammit
I read every single one of your posts in quagmire's voice

#12 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:11 AM

God dammit

he hee alllriight OOOH

1367065580450s.jpg

#13 Darkrai Lv.1000

Darkrai Lv.1000

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

I am sure that the 3DS will focus on single-player modes such as a SSE story mode and the Wii-U will focus on multi-player modes such as online.

Maybe Wii U should focus on single player/story mode/single-player online and 3DS focus on online/local multiplayer? XD

Either way, I agree. And maybe that's how the two will work with each other. Maybe there will be console exclusive characters/stages and 3DS exclusive characters/stages, and you could link them up and use the exclusives in the other game modes.

#14 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

God dammit

Me too
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#15 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:03 AM

As I said, you can do a lot more with 8 GB on a portable system than on an HD console. At the absolute minimum, we can expect a game the size of Brawl to be possible on the 3DS (and Brawl had over 300 songs in its soundtrack - do you really want more?). If they strip away the pre-rendered cutscenes, they could make an even bigger game - those took up about 4 GB alone on Brawl's 8 GB disc.

This argument doesn't work. Sakurai clearly said it himself that the single-player game would be focused on the 3DS while the Wii-U would place focus on multi-player mode. Keeping the content exactly the same on both version would defeat the purpose of his statement and infuriate millions of fans. The only thing I can see being shared are the "core contents" Sakurai mentioned (Rosters, stages, and music) and even then, we don't know if that is going to be the case (And that is bad enough). I am 100% confident that nothing else will be shared and even with HD visuals and texture, the Wii-U will be bigger then the 3DS version.

And we can't expect them to just not do a SSE-like story mode. This should be a given on the 3DS. As a matter of fact, we could be seeing even more of a story mode.

(Also, yes, I actually do want more music. There are good music that needs to be in SSB4 and remixed well.)

Maybe Wii U should focus on single player/story mode/single-player online and 3DS focus on online/local multiplayer? XD

Either way, I agree. And maybe that's how the two will work with each other. Maybe there will be console exclusive characters/stages and 3DS exclusive characters/stages, and you could link them up and use the exclusives in the other game modes.

This, so much this. The Wii and 3DS needs exclusives.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#16 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

I don't see how there's a problem; All of Brawl's assets were made to make it look as close to an HD game as possible. Thanks to the 3D and small screen, the 3Ds version doesn't have to do this, clearing up a LOT of data for stuff that's shared between versions.

Plus, judging from what Feld0 said, the cutscenes took up the most space. With the lower resolution, that shouldn't be nearly as much of a space-hog.

Also, I disagree on the exclusive part... Well, at least for characters. I want to be able to play ALL characters in BOTH story mode and multiplayer mode >.<

Give the Wii U version more stages and music, though. 100 stages would be awesome :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#17 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

I don't see how there's a problem; All of Brawl's assets were made to make it look as close to an HD game as possible. Thanks to the 3D and small screen, the 3Ds version doesn't have to do this, clearing up a LOT of data for stuff that's shared between versions.

Plus, judging from what Feld0 said, the cutscenes took up the most space. With the lower resolution, that shouldn't be nearly as much of a space-hog.

Also, I disagree on the exclusive part... Well, at least for characters. I want to be able to play ALL characters in BOTH story mode and multiplayer mode >.<

Give the Wii U version more stages and music, though. 100 stages would be awesome :D

I think they will have exclusive characters to each version, though. If not, then there's not much of an incentive of getting the 3DS version apart from it being a portable SSB.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#18 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

I think they will have exclusive characters to each version, though. If not, then there's not much of an incentive of getting the 3DS version apart from it being a portable SSB.

Wasn't it stated that the 3DS version was planned to focus on single player, while the Wii U version focused on multiplayer?
There are MANY ways to make both games have incentive, without going into exclusive characters. That would just cause fan-raging.

For instance, what if Kirby was exclusive to the 3DS version?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#19 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:54 AM

I find the topic title a little rude, since I thought you were talking about the series as a whole. But I read your original post, and I don't care if it's worse than Brawl. It's still fun. AND IN 3D!!! (Also, it'd be a perfect fit since I like to play single-player. But then again, I just got new friends...)
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

If Nintendo wanted to be somewhat realistic about this, then they'd have at least considered that if they keep them the same, the Wii U version would be a terrible example of how powerful the Wii U is, probably doing an injustice. Then they'd have to make the Wii U version more powerful than the 3DS version. If they still wanted to make the 3DS version good in its own right, at least make it have its own fair share of exclusive content.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!