YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

David Lynch

Wii U's limited technology might lead to Nintendo's new console having a shorter lifespan when the Xbox 720 and PS4 arrive.

Published on Nov 21, 2012
Nintendo’s Wii U has come under a lot of fire over the last few days with many early adopters in the US claiming that the processing power inside isn’t actually up to much.

Even Metro: Last Light's developers have described the Wii U’s CPU as 'horrible’ and ‘slow’ and backing up these claims is DICE’s lead designer, Gustav Halling.

Talking on Twitter, Halling spoke candidly about Nintendo’s Wii U and its supposed lack of power.

“I don't actually know what makes it slow, but enough "tech" people I trust in world are saying the same things.”

“GPU and ram is nice to have shaders/textures loaded. Physics and gameplay run on CPU mostly so player count is affected etc.”

Speaking over Twitter, Halling confirmed that many developers were talking about the Wii U as a console that might not have the processing legs to compete in the long term and when the Xbox 720 and PS4 arrive.

“This is also what I been hearing within the industry, to bad since it will shorten its life a lot when new gen. starts.”

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1689397/slow_cpu_will_shorten_wii_us_life_dice_dev.html

More developers continue to find an issue with the CPU, this is starting to frighten me guys. If the Wii U does indeed have a short lifespan, Nintendo can't blame anyone but themselves for rushing out a system.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

one after another... But I dont think nintendo will shorten the lifespan of wii U, because they will loose a big number of customers. The worse case scenario is, wii U ala wii (casual) with less companies supporting...

or they could release a hard core version of wii U, for hardcores, but it sounds more stupid than the other scenario. But we have to admit one thing, even if you call other people haters... WHY THE developers say this things... its not the customers, but the developers! Maybe its true, maybe its not... Lets give it some time and we will see.

Edited by Orion, 21 November 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Well, I guess I wanted a PS4 anyways, I'll just have to get one earlier than expected.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

one after another... But I dont think nintendo will shorten the lifespan of wii U, because they will loose a big number of customers. The worse case scenario is, wii U ala wii (casual) with less companies supporting...

or they could release a hard core version of wii U, for hardcores, but it sounds more stupid than the other scenario.

Third party support is going to drop heavily within the next five years.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

But I have to complain with something, even if I am not buying it at that price (400 euro - 550 dollars in europe)... The clima was a bit gray and developers try to make it totally dark.

#6 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

This is bad. It has a powerful GPU but a weak CPU.

#7 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

i already posted this in the cpu thread but this is based on what he heard from only, i cant care less
Posted Image

#8 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Has anyone done a complete tear down of the system yet?

#9 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Has anyone done a complete tear down of the system yet?

many have done a tear down but all that gave us is the name of the ram we will need a more stuff like x rays /etc to get any more information than that.

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

I'm still waiting for difinitive proof and even when it comes my desision to get a Wii U will stay the same, I can't wait to get it on the 30th and I'm UBER exited, I got rid of my 360 because I HATE Microsoft and I'm not to keen on PS3, if 3rd party support drops over the next few years so be it, I will just save for a PS4, but I will never get rid of my Wii U, it's just too FUN and that's all that matters, and I will deffinatly be getting a 3DS again, and I will no doubt get Nintendo's next home console whenever that may be

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 21 November 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#11 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

At the end of the day if "U" enjoy playing it who cares what the specs are. If you live your life listening to what others have to say about products you probably wouldnt end up purchasing anything.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#12 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

What next?? This is silly. ...We will be hearing about melting consoles , smoke , wii u's shaking themselves apart , radiation , the list of BS could go on and on! Its a GAMES MACHINE and a good one from all accounts. Why is there so much slagging off of wii u ? Surely it never used to be like this. Fed up

#13 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

I just want all this to be over with, its getting quite ridiculous and its driving me insane.Does anyone know of a person that is doing a detailed tear down of wiiu? I tryed looking on google but found nothing.

Edited by meitantei_conan, 21 November 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#14 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Lol this reminds me of the days of the "bit wars" when you could actually sell add-ons to extend the life of the console a bit more... I could see more RAM in a worst case scenario where that's somehow needed, but I don't think a slow cpu can be fixed through an addon lmao. Doing that would likely make Nintendo the next Sega. :P

Edited by Ixchel, 21 November 2012 - 06:56 PM.

Posted Image

#15 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

No one has done a 'detailed' strip down as far as anyone knows yet....and....the dev kits kept changing so what was 'seen' 10 months ago will likely NOT reflect whats going on in final machines now?

#16 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

People here need to here it, the consoles CPU is weak... Nintendo screwed it up.. Everyone is denying the word of the only people who know what they are talking about! I don't understand! The console is still fun and I don't buy Nintendo for 3rd party, I get it for NINTENDO!! The best software in the world. I get a PS/ Xbox for ports, that's what they do.

Edited by KillerMario, 21 November 2012 - 07:01 PM.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#17 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Correct! We buy nintendo because its nintendo. No amount of conjuring by MS or Sony can or will ever emulate the magic of nintendo software. And for the record i have a ps3. But come the 30th i will be getting a wii U

#18 Bunkei

Bunkei

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Whenever I hear this, I keep asking "Why doesn't anyone step forward and explain why this is the case?" They say the Wii U CPU is underpowered, but underpowered compared to what? I'm still waiting on a technical breakdown of the Wii U with an explanation of why they think the way they do. Show us where Nintendo fell short with the CPU in relation to what's needed in developing today's console games so we can have a meaningful discussion.

Also, look at the first thing this guy says “I don't actually know what makes it slow"

At that point, he should shut up. If HE doesn't know then all he is doing is gossiping. Correct?

#19 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Yes. Correct. He doesnt actually know what makes it slow? Lol

#20 Shadiwulf

Shadiwulf

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

MS and Sony's uber beast consoles will destroy gaytendo's new casual kiddy tablet controlled console, come next gen the Wii U will be left in the dust like the Wii

This is what i would say if i believed M$ and Sony was dumb enough to try and make another overpowered bank busting console and if i was a nintendo hater ;P

Edited by shadd21, 21 November 2012 - 07:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!