Photo

Suggestion: Is this a Good Deal on Wii U Console.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 One_Jay

One_Jay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hi everyone,
I am really intrested in picking up the Wii U when it goes on sale on Nov 30th in the UK. I am just trying to find-out the best deals on the Console, plus a couple of Games.
Also, I have not played a Mario game since the NES way back and the Wii U will be my first Nintendo since then.

I noticed Shopto seems to be doing a decent deal compared to the major retailers. Wii U Black 32gb Zombi U Pack + Super Mario Bros U £362.86?

I noticed somepeople talking about NintendoLand not being included in the ZombiU pack. Shopto adds it into the bundle for: £424.85
I know i have came late to the Party, after seeing so many people on the forum mentioning that they have got the console for cheaper due to retailiers honouring prices before they where offical.

ZombieU appears to be a decent game, due to the ways the game uses the Gamepad and You cannot have a Nintendo Console without having Mario! :P

I noticed that some of the reviewers like IGN don't faviour ZombieU very highly. But i am thinking they don't see the real attraction for the game. Mario on the other hand appears to be getting decent scores.
I am also guessing that playing COD could be real intresting on the Wii U system over some of the other consoles.

Thanks for advice.

Edited by One_Jay, 21 November 2012 - 05:57 PM.

Nintendo Network ID: One_Jay

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

WOW that's an awesome deal! I'm paying £360 just for the ZombiU Bundle from GAME! With Assaissins Creed 3 and New Super Mario Bros U thats £460!!!!! I'd say go for it man, definatly!

#3 One_Jay

One_Jay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for the adivce UnchainedGoku - Wow really, appears to be a major price hike between some retailers. Will Order it later today ;)

I also hope to god Nintendo can fix some of the issues which the US appear to be dealing with before it comes out here! Always nice to have the US beta test things, before it arrives across the pond. Although it should not be like that!

#4 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

I actually haven't had much issues, not to the extent of what I've read. Am I the only one? Or are the ones who haven't had a hard time just keeping silent?

Either way, I don't own ZombiU personally, but according to the MiiVerse, it's incredibly underrated by critics. New Super Mario Brothers U is an absolutely GREAT game and Nintendo Land is INCREDIBLY charming. So yes, run for that deal.. I wish we had those sorts of deals here in the US..

#5 One_Jay

One_Jay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Cool thanks for the advice Noonanbites, Glad to hear you are not having many issues.
Have you guy's picked up many accessiories? - Can see me having to invest in something to cover the GamePad :P http://www.amazon.co...53561342&sr=1-1 - Do Hori make decent products?

I may also pick up Call of Duty Black Ops 2 at somepoint.not at launch, I think Zombi U and Super Mario U will keep me entertained enough untill more games get announced.
I have never played a COD game before, so that will be an intresting experiance - I hear so many people talking about the COD games. They have to be decent.

#6 Ringo_Scar

Ringo_Scar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

Good Luck getting it for release day. I hope they can do it. That is a good bundle. I ordered the same one a few weeks back at a pre order price of £400, its natural that they have put it up higher to £425 closer to release. Its a very good bundle though and i still would of ordered it from them at this price.

#7 MyNameIsMatt

MyNameIsMatt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

Zavvi are offering games for £40 each, so buying separate might be the way?

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

Hi everyone,
I am really intrested in picking up the Wii U when it goes on sale on Nov 30th in the UK. I am just trying to find-out the best deals on the Console, plus a couple of Games.
Also, I have not played a Mario game since the NES way back and the Wii U will be my first Nintendo since then.
I noticed Shopto seems to be doing a decent deal compared to the major retailers. Wii U Black 32gb Zombi U Pack + Super Mario Bros U £362.86?
I noticed somepeople talking about NintendoLand not being included in the ZombiU pack. Shopto adds it into the bundle for: £424.85
I know i have came late to the Party, after seeing so many people on the forum mentioning that they have got the console for cheaper due to retailiers honouring prices before they where offical.
ZombieU appears to be a decent game, due to the ways the game uses the Gamepad and You cannot have a Nintendo Console without having Mario! :P
I noticed that some of the reviewers like IGN don't faviour ZombieU very highly. But i am thinking they don't see the real attraction for the game. Mario on the other hand appears to be getting decent scores.
I am also guessing that playing COD could be real intresting on the Wii U system over some of the other consoles.
Thanks for advice.

Because Nintendo hasn't set a fixed MSRP on the console in the EU its a lot more confusing when comparing prices as not only do the cost of games vary but so does the console it self. I'm not aware of any retailers honouring prices they listed before the official announcement by Nintendo. As far as I'm aware they Ll put disclosures on their listings to say the prices are subject to change and its only if they end up being lower will they honour the lower price.

As I'm in the UK I can't personally speak for the quality of the games yet but I'm getting the EU specific Zombi U bundle from Shop To and also getting New Super Mario Bros. U. I'm not a big survival horror game fan but as that bundle included the pro controller and is a good deal I went for that. The game has got mixed reviews and feedback but I'm sure it's a game worth playing. As for Mario games I love them whether they are 2D or 3D and I'm really looking forward to the new one. Call Of Duty isn't my cup of tea and I have no interest in it but I suspect online multiplayer will be far better on the Xbox. If you don't care about that then by all means get it.

Thanks for the adivce UnchainedGoku - Wow really, appears to be a major price hike between some retailers. Will Order it later today ;)
I also hope to god Nintendo can fix some of the issues which the US appear to be dealing with before it comes out here! Always nice to have the US beta test things, before it arrives across the pond. Although it should not be like that!

It's not so much about there being a major price hike between retailers but more about the fact GAME charges higher prices in general closer to the MSRP. They are also a local bricks and mortar retailer so their prices are higher because of that. Places like Zavvi, Shop To and Amazon are online only and tend to offer lower prices.

I actually haven't had much issues, not to the extent of what I've read. Am I the only one? Or are the ones who haven't had a hard time just keeping silent?
Either way, I don't own ZombiU personally, but according to the MiiVerse, it's incredibly underrated by critics. New Super Mario Brothers U is an absolutely GREAT game and Nintendo Land is INCREDIBLY charming. So yes, run for that deal.. I wish we had those sorts of deals here in the US..

The prices and bundles here are not as good as you think. Those might be good bundles but we pay a lot more for our hardware and games then you guys in the US. The console itself is a lot more expensive so the value is not the same as what you guys get.

Zavvi are offering games for £40 each, so buying separate might be the way?

So is Shop To. Not to mention Shop To is far better at getting preorders delivered on release at and in most case a day or even two days early. Zavvi is very poor with getting preorders delivered on time let alone a day or two early.

#9 Ringo_Scar

Ringo_Scar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

I am not one to bash stuff but Zavvi are awful, I really do not get why anybody uses them anymore.

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

I am not one to bash stuff but Zavvi are awful, I really do not get why anybody uses them anymore.

Yes Zavvi is the last place I would order from especially preordering a new release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!