Photo

CoD: Black Ops 2 comparison (Wii U/PS3/Xbox 360)

CoD wii u Xbox 360 PS3 comparison

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

I won't comment on that (not right now, at least). Just take a look and decide for yourself.

http://www.lensoftru...i-ups3xbox-360/

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#2 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

the ps3 version looks like sepia in some images lol
Posted Image

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

ps3 has more dust, bumps, and is weirdly orange.
Maybe they need to adjust their brightness settings.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

The wii u higher resolution is evident with better lighting and textures.

Not all pictures are exactly the same.

So no particle effects can be judged by those pics. But on a video showing both, the U is easily the most impressive version.

The ps3 seems like it tries to hide flaws with how dark it is.

Unless this is direct feed, however, it's kind of pointless.

#5 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

Ew... the contrast on the PS3 is so hideous.. almost as hideous as some of those comments..

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Wii U version has a few little flaws, but other than that, it's the better version I think :D

#7 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

The lighting on the Wii U is noticeably brighter. Also, with that man's face, I noticed that the Wii U version lacks 'anger marks'?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#8 MMG

MMG

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    James Bond + Mario

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

It is a good game on all systems. In order I believe by popularity of the game on that specific console PS3, Wii U, then Xbox 360.

PS3 is a big first person shooter (FPS) community. They rely on good shooting games to make a majority of there money.

Wii U will rely on Nintendo games, mainly Mario stuff for the most part. Then again there are many players that have moved from the Wii MW3, GE, etc. division.

Xbox 360 is best designed for sport and racing games thus the reason it is last in my opinion.
It takes a young one to find their inner destiny. It takes a wise one to use their inner destiny.

Posted Image

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

The Xbox 360 is mostly driven by shooters

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#10 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

Having looked at a few different comparisons of the Wii u version to the others I can honestly say that I believe its very close overall,better in some ways worse in others.Definitely impressed for the newness of the hardware.Also even though the developers couldn't implement everything in the 360 version graphically they still bothered to include more lighting effects in the Wii u version.I honestly think some devs wouldn't have bothered.Swapping my 360 version for the Wii u one next Friday
Posted Image

#11 WiiUgamer

WiiUgamer

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

I have had the 360 version since launch and just bought the WII U version and will report back what I think after the update

#12 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

I hear the ps3 has the worst frame rates and to me that puts the ps3 version straight to the bottom but visually it looks generally weaker too. However the textures on wii u look a bit simplified and the explosions seem to be smaller or simplified on wii u so the ps3 version may not be the worst in all areas. I have to say though if I went into a shop and one version was signfiicantly cheaper than the other I'd probably go with that version. Graphically the game isn't that impressive overall. Detail has been sacrificed to get to 60 frames per second rate. I read elsewhere that the 360 has a 880x720 resolution so it fits into the 10meg of fast 360 video memory and the ps3 has the same resolution even though it doesn't have this 10 meg restriction so they haven't bothered to optimise it for ps3.

#13 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Can anyone that pre ordered it confirm if they got a nuketown 2025code? I can't seem to find anyone that actually got one?
CURRENTLY PLAYING: ZombiU, Black Ops 2, Super Mario Bros U, Sonic Transformed

#14 WiiUgamer

WiiUgamer

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Ok I love COD and always get the new games. I haven been playing my 360 since launch night. I bought the wii u last night and... It's pretty great. The touch screen score streaks are so cool and when a UAV is in the air u have your map in your hands. The colors and graphics look better than the 360 version to me. My issues with the WII U COD is u can switch back and forth between the TV and game pad. My wife wanted to watch TV so I streamed it right to the pad no issue, then when she was done I had to turn the game off to get it back on the TV. Secondly there aren't as many people on the WII so match making was annoying at times.

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

i dont know why they are comparing. The wii u isnt in the same gen as the ps3 and xbox360.
but any ways the wii u looks the same just lighter tone to it.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

i dont know why they are comparing. The wii u isnt in the same gen as the ps3 and xbox360.
but any ways the wii u looks the same just lighter tone to it.

Because the PS3 and Xbox360 are still relevant to the market.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

^Totally agree. We won’t see it shine until the exclusives start rolling out. IGN didn’t like that Zombie launch title though. Apparently the graphics are sub-par. BLOPS2 would of been a straight port for sure. We won’t know until we see a major AAA dev build a game from the ground up. Interesting times ahead. Good to finally get another major player
best comment

#18 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

Lets be honest, they look essentially the same...

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

Lol, at the ridiculously higher resolution angry man beard. Nice to see where the port teams priotities were. This needs to be a new unit of power measurment.

Forget Gigaflops and Mips, its now all about AMB's, angry man beards. ps360 can only render 50% angry man beard, but the wii u can render 100% Angry man beard.

Edited by 3Dude, 26 November 2012 - 05:29 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 WiiUgamer

WiiUgamer

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

its weird i just played two games of black ops 2 on the Wii u then went and played on my xbox and there was an update for the game on xbox but not the wii

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CoD, wii u, Xbox 360, PS3, comparison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!