Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Update: Austin is here to add that he just talked to someone on Miiverse who said that their ZombiUsave was deleted after an update. The start of a pattern…? I hope not!

Nintendo Everything reader Andy Holland tells us that all of his New Super Mario Bros. U save data was wiped following an update ran by the game today.

Andy says two updates have been automatically applied for him thus far. The first did not cause any issues. The second one, however, did.

Andy has since contacted Nintendo. We’ll let you know about any major developments about the situation.

It’s possible that this is an isolated incident. Just to be safe though, you may want to back up your save data.

http://nintendoeverything.com/106632/some-new-super-mario-bros-u-players-seeing-saves-deleted-following-update/

Uh-oh, this could be bad..

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 MomoTaro

MomoTaro

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

I really hope they sort that thing out before publicly releasing it (unless it already has) granted i dont have either games yet (just stuck with NintendoLand) but i know both games are a huge hit and a lot of people have them it would suck to have all your data deleted when you have gone through the game a lot.

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

..... I have one SD card and I only use it for my 3DS.

I really hope they sort that thing out before publicly releasing it (unless it already has) granted i dont have either games yet (just stuck with NintendoLand) but i know both games are a huge hit and a lot of people have them it would suck to have all your data deleted when you have gone through the game a lot.

Get New super mario bros. U, it's not like the other games! Seriously!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#4 MomoTaro

MomoTaro

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

..... I have one SD card and I only use it for my 3DS.

Get New super mario bros. U, it's not like the other games! Seriously!

Oh i plan on getting it no doubt. i just dont have any money since lets just say these past couple of month too much good games have been coming out. plus i have other things i had to pay off, but for now everything is done with so i should be able to buy some WiiU games next week. i plan on getting NSMB, ZombiU and Trine 2.

#5 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Oh i plan on getting it no doubt. i just dont have any money since lets just say these past couple of month too much good games have been coming out. plus i have other things i had to pay off, but for now everything is done with so i should be able to buy some WiiU games next week. i plan on getting NSMB, ZombiU and Trine 2.

Awesome :D

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#6 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

he might be lying, i don't believe rumors

Edited by Hitomi, 23 November 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Oh deary me, bad if true, but nothing confirmed, *sips pinacalada*

#8 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

What the? Surely Nintendo isn't planning to release this to the public with a major problem such as this?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#9 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Well this is kind of frightening, hopefully this issue is solved. I wonder how Nintendo will handle things to the people who lost their save data, I really hope the answer is not " Oh well, start back from the beginning". I'm a little paranoid about this since I just 100% the game, but the only update I've downloaded was one that started automatically for the system ( Presuming the one for Amazon, Hulu and YouTube), a game update would only occur if you tried to start the game right? But hopefully this just stays as it as, a rumor and nothing else.

#10 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

If this rumor turns out to be true, then I hope the update won't be mandatory.

If it is mandatory, then I guess I won't be playing NSMBU until it gets fixed.

Edited by SDDMN, 24 November 2012 - 12:18 AM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#11 OneManTagTeam

OneManTagTeam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

What do the patches actually do to the game? Can't imagine a Mario game needing patched

#12 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

How do you download the update? My Wii U apparently hasn't noticed any updates... At all. For any of my games... So I'm confused.

#13 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

How do you download the update? My Wii U apparently hasn't noticed any updates... At all. For any of my games... So I'm confused.

That's what I'm wondering too. The only update I've noticed was an update that failed a few days ago ( due to my slow internet, guessing this update was to make the video apps like YouTube work). Do updates for games automatically download regardless of what game or app you're playing, or do they just download while you're playing the game that has the update? The only updates I remember were the day one update, an update while launching NSMBU for the first time, an update when launching Sonic Racing for the first time, and some strange system update that downloaded automatically ( the one for Amazon, Hulu and YouTube?).

Edited by Firejonie, 24 November 2012 - 12:10 PM.

#14 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Io nly had 1 update for nsmbu the first time I put the disc in never seen another update for it since so I dont know what you guys are talking about
Posted Image

#15 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

WHY CAN'T WE JUST GET A CONSOLE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS GOING ON!?!?

bb0.gif

#16 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

Id also like to know which update? Ive only had two so far. 1st day update. And there was an update the first time i put the game disk in.

I heard there was supposed to be an update to fix the OS Slowness?

#17 TanookiRicky

TanookiRicky

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

WHY CAN'T WE JUST GET A CONSOLE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS GOING ON!?!?

You do understand that pretty much every single piece of technology that comes out always has issues on launch? It's just the nature of new tech and being able work out the kinks on the crowd that adopts it first.
Nintendo Network ID: TanookiRicky
Posted Image
Currently playing: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, Assassin's Creed 3, Epic Mickey 2

#18 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

I actually lost my last few saves. Back to World 2. WTF?

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#19 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Id also like to know which update? Ive only had two so far. 1st day update. And there was an update the first time i put the game disk in.

I heard there was supposed to be an update to fix the OS Slowness?

The OS Slowness fix update is for the Wii U itself, not the NSMBU game. I'm just worried that the game downloads the update automatically, especially if it downloads at any time.

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Update: Austin is here to add that he just talked to someone on Miiverse who said that their ZombiUsave was deleted after an update. The start of a pattern…? I hope not!
Nintendo Everything reader Andy Holland tells us that all of his New Super Mario Bros. U save data was wiped following an update ran by the game today.
Andy says two updates have been automatically applied for him thus far. The first did not cause any issues. The second one, however, did.
Andy has since contacted Nintendo. We’ll let you know about any major developments about the situation.
It’s possible that this is an isolated incident. Just to be safe though, you may want to back up your save data.

http://nintendoevery...llowing-update/

Uh-oh, this could be bad..

Normal sized text.

Darkcloud1983's zombiu save was wiped after an update too.
He says he started playing letting the game update run while he played, when he was done ti said the update was done and applied, then his save was gone.
p. sure he's not lying.
Is weird. Probably saves mixed in the same space as the update is downloaded/installed to, thus over-writing it.
They might be able to get an update out that separates them more securely.
But I'm just taking a wild stab in the dark, could be something they do on purpose or some reason completely differently.

Edited by Nollog, 27 November 2012 - 04:36 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!