• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

I am a little confused about something on the Wii U and hoping someone could explain.

Whenever I set my Wii U to 720p or 1080p the TV screen zooms in a little and I have to set 1:1 mode on my TV settings to make the image look correct. The problem is that the 1:1 mode is too zoomed out if that makes sense (text looks smaller for example).

So what should I do to get the right settings? Anyone else noticed this?

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

the text is smaller because less pixels are used for each letter because the image is being rendered at a higher resolution.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Post a pix.

But normally with he text looks small because of pixels. As said ^.

Also most hd video should be 1:1 or 16:9
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#4 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

if you are using a HDMI connection the Wii U will detect it is a 1080p display.

#5 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Overscan? Try using the televisions game mode if it has it or renaming the input used to 'PC'. Alternatively try a component cable with the wii u?

It's likely a later firmware will have a fix for this.

#6 GoodGuy

GoodGuy

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

It should be 1:1.. The text is then the size it was intended to be

Edited by GoodGuy, 29 December 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#7 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

Overscan? Try using the televisions game mode if it has it or renaming the input used to 'PC'. Alternatively try a component cable with the wii u?

It's likely a later firmware will have a fix for this.

Yes overscan is what I'm experiencing. Thanks for that

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

Yes overscan is what I'm experiencing. Thanks for that

I highly doubt 1:1 pixel mode is giving you overscan, thats what its designed to not do.

Edited by 3Dude, 30 December 2012 - 07:27 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

I highly doubt 1:1 pixel mode is giving you overscan, thats what its designed to not do.

What I meant was that I get overscan when using 720p or 1080p and the only thing I can do is use Hdmi PC Full Mode on my TV settings.

The problem with this is the image then appears too zoomed out.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

the text is smaller because less pixels are used for each letter because the image is being rendered at a higher resolution.

Isn't it the other way around?
The pixels get bigger at lower resolutions on the same screen, causing text and images to appear larger?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Isn't it the other way around?
The pixels get bigger at lower resolutions on the same screen, causing text and images to appear larger?

Thats the same exact thing, you are just describing going from a higher to lower resolution instead of describing going from lower to higher.

He was having over scan, causing the image to not be displayed at the correct pixel ratio, the tv was assigning more pixels on the tv than it was recieving from the system, ie 'zooming in' two or four or more pixels on the tv were being lit for every one pixel sent from source.

When he switched it to 1:1 pixel mode, it was rendering 1 pixel on tv, for 1 pixel from source, correcting the problem, making the text the correct size, and the correct number of pixels. Making the text appear smaller.

Edited by 3Dude, 30 December 2012 - 08:32 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

I thought the op said she set it to 720p, from 1080p.
I c.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

What I meant was that I get overscan when using 720p or 1080p and the only thing I can do is use Hdmi PC Full Mode on my TV settings.
The problem with this is the image then appears too zoomed out.

Ah. Are you experiencing windowboxing? (black borders)

Edited by 3Dude, 30 December 2012 - 08:39 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Thats the same exact thing, you are just describing going from a higher to lower resolution instead of describing going from lower to higher.

He was having over scan, causing the image to not be displayed at the correct pixel ratio, the tv was assigning more pixels on the tv than it was recieving from the system, ie 'zooming in' two or four or more pixels on the tv were being lit for every one pixel sent from source.

When he switched it to 1:1 pixel mode, it was rendering 1 pixel on tv, for 1 pixel from source, correcting the problem, making the text the correct size, and the correct number of pixels. Making the text appear smaller.

That's right but everything else in the image looks smaller too in 1:1 mode.

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

That's right but everything else in the image looks smaller too in 1:1 mode.

Thats because everything else is also being rendered with the correct number of pixels, were before it was assigning too many tv pixels too just 1 pixel from the source. As long as you dont have black borders around your image, it looks 'zoomed out' because its not being 'zoomed in' anymore.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!