#1 Riceman

Riceman

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Mario, CoD, GoW

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

I haven't played that far into the game but I've gotten a number of items into the plaza. The latest of which is a mysterious button or switch much like the red one to talk to the bot and the daytime one. This new one does... Nothing. A small pop is heard with what looks like some graphical effects or smoke, but I don't see it's effect on the place.

Anybody know what this does?

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

I haven't played that far into the game but I've gotten a number of items into the plaza. The latest of which is a mysterious button or switch much like the red one to talk to the bot and the daytime one. This new one does... Nothing. A small pop is heard with what looks like some graphical effects or smoke, but I don't see it's effect on the place.

Anybody know what this does?

I remember unlocking a button that didn't seem to do anything..that I could see anyways...I think I have a yellow one which makes all the unlocked items turn back into boxes..and the red one that changes the time of day...there was another..not sure what it did..but I didn't investigate into it to much. I'm sure it does something...I will log in later to check it out more in depth.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

Are you referring to the button that makes random pops and small mediocre blasts when you jump on it?

#4 Riceman

Riceman

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

Are you referring to the button that makes random pops and small mediocre blasts when you jump on it?

Yes! Is that literally all it does? Please tell me there is more. Otherwise it's just the button that makes minds wander to forums to ask about it.

#5 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

I'm also wondering what it does, aside from make sound effects.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#6 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

there are many other buttons to unlock like a purple one that makes you giant and a blue one that defies gravity

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

Would someone convince me to get this game, I'm still on the fence.................

#8 Riceman

Riceman

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

There are many buttons that do many things... Isn't that enough reason? It's like wearing more hats!

Anyway, it's actually a pretty solid title with tons of mini games. It has kept me entertained for about 4 hours of play time and that's just solo play. The multi player stuff should be even better.

#9 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Would someone convince me to get this game, I'm still on the fence.................

If you are a fan of all the classic nintendo series' then you will love this game. It is REALLY fun. That said, if you only really like COD & Halo type games with running plots and intense action... this is not your $60 title.
If you are worried that this is just Wii Sports for the Wii U it isn't. There are tons of unlockables and some of these games are ridiculous hard. Then throw in a totally new way of doing local multiplayer. This is possibly the best launch game out there. Only time will tell.

Edited by Falconberg, 25 November 2012 - 07:41 AM.

-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

If you are a fan of all the classic nintendo series' then you will love this game. It is REALLY fun. That said, if you only really like COD & Halo type games with running plots and intense action... this is not your $60 title.
If you are worried that this is just Wii Sports for the Wii U it isn't. There are tons of unlockables and some of these games are ridiculous hard. Then throw in a totally new way of doing local multiplayer. This is possibly the best launch game out there. Only time will tell.

Well usually I'm the type of gamer who will give anything a go, I'm a huge fan of violent games like GTA, but then I'm a huge fan of Pokemon, I'm a very diverse person, the only reason I ask is because budget at the moment is very tight, I need someone to convince me it's worth it's £40 price tag :D

#11 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Well usually I'm the type of gamer who will give anything a go, I'm a huge fan of violent games like GTA, but then I'm a huge fan of Pokemon, I'm a very diverse person, the only reason I ask is because budget at the moment is very tight, I need someone to convince me it's worth it's £40 price tag :D

I'd say if you are planning on playing with people it's worth every £. If you are playing just you & don't see yourself having friends/family over to play, you could probably wait and buy it used for cheaper. But I will say that eventually every wii u owner should get this game. I don't want to say "Do it!" & have you wish you'd gotten COD or something instead, but it's definitely my favorite of the games I've tried (which isn't very many).
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#12 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

I'd say if you are planning on playing with people it's worth every £. If you are playing just you & don't see yourself having friends/family over to play, you could probably wait and buy it used for cheaper. But I will say that eventually every wii u owner should get this game. I don't want to say "Do it!" & have you wish you'd gotten COD or something instead, but it's definitely my favorite of the games I've tried (which isn't very many).

Thank you for the advice, I might wait for it to come down a bit :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!