A Wii power debate

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

Yes I said Wii not Wii U. So we are entering a new gen and nintendo first HD console. But I want to look back on the Wii and the power behind it. The Wii was said the be gamecube 1.5 and not even as powerful as original xbox. Name one game that was made exclusively for Wii that you think couldn't run on last generation systems(PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox). My choice would be super smash brother brawl. The textures, character detail, million of things happening on screen(including the actual fighting) plus a steady framerate. That would be my game I think couldn't run on the last gen systems. What are you guys choice?

Edited by TRON, 29 June 2012 - 11:28 PM.

#2 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:51 AM

Super Mario Galaxy. I doubt it could be downgraded to run on even GCN without looking rather terrible, and it probably wouldn't be possible at all on PS2. The original Xbox might be able to handle it, but I still don't think it'd look anywhere near as good.

Posted Image

#3 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:09 AM

I think original xbox could do galaxy

#4 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

but the PS2, GameCube, and Xbox, don't have a stick for you to wave around.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#5 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

Red Steel 2, Xenoblade, Last Story, or Smash Brothers. Those were really great examples of what the Wii could do in terms of great visuals.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#6 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

Twilight Princess (I know that it was on GameCube aswell but it still looks amazing today), Smash Bros., Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Skyward Sword are great examples. The only game that I think looks terrible for what the Wii can do is Xenoblade. Is it a port or something?

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#7 NinjaU

NinjaU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

I think original xbox could do galaxy

I don't think so, because there is a lot of shaking of the wiimote. Collecting and shooting starbits requires pointing at the tv with the wiimote. Also, the 2 surfing levels require you to twist the wiimote. Lastly, When Mario has to jump on top of and control that globe with a power star in it, you have to twist the wiimote.

#8 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

I don't think so, because there is a lot of shaking of the wiimote. Collecting and shooting starbits requires pointing at the tv with the wiimote. Also, the 2 surfing levels require you to twist the wiimote. Lastly, When Mario has to jump on top of and control that globe with a power star in it, you have to twist the wiimote.

I'm assuming your are trying to be funny or sarcastic. Just on a power/tech/graphics standpoint I think the original xbox might could have pulled off mario galaxy.

#9 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

The only game that I think looks terrible for what the Wii can do is Xenoblade. Is it a port or something?

Xenoblade was built from the ground up for the Wii, and since it was released in Japan in 2010 it could be considered a mid-life Wii game. But there's one thing that you have too keep in mind about Xenoblade. It was FREAKING HUGE!!! Just look at the size of the Bionis Leg, Eryth Sea, Mechonis Fields, or the unfinished (but still included on the disk) Bionis Left Shoulder maps. Try to put a game with Xenoblade's number of large maps and it's level of graphics on a last-gen system, and it would probably start laughing at you.
Posted Image

#10 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Xenoblade was built from the ground up for the Wii, and since it was released in Japan in 2010 it could be considered a mid-life Wii game. But there's one thing that you have too keep in mind about Xenoblade. It was FREAKING HUGE!!! Just look at the size of the Bionis Leg, Eryth Sea, Mechonis Fields, or the unfinished (but still included on the disk) Bionis Left Shoulder maps. Try to put a game with Xenoblade's number of large maps and it's level of graphics on a last-gen system, and it would probably start laughing at you.

Haven't played the game but did hear it was huge in size and scope. That might be a very good example of a game that couldn't run on last gen hardware.

#11 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

Is xenonlade alot bigger that gta san andreas

#12 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Haven't played the game but did hear it was huge in size and scope. That might be a very good example of a game that couldn't run on last gen hardware.

Well, when you throw together all of the about 21 maps (not counting the impossible to enter but otherwise close to finished Bionis Left Shoulder) in the game, you come out with a game about the size of the entire Japanese Archipelago.

Is xenonlade alot bigger that gta san andreas

Don't know, haven't played GTA. How does San Andreas' map size compare to the Japanese Archipelago?
Posted Image

#13 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:02 AM

I'm not sure but why try and compare a last gen game to a next gen game anyway.

Btw a game I would consider huge is just cause 2

#14 NinjaU

NinjaU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

I'm assuming your are trying to be funny or sarcastic. Just on a power/tech/graphics standpoint I think the original xbox might could have pulled off mario galaxy.

The xbox has no motion controls, so many levels would not have worked on an xbox. However, I agree that with power/tech/graphics it would have looked decent on the xbox.

#15 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

Agreed, the Wii was basically an Xbox with motion controls sans the hard drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!