• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 TanookiRicky

TanookiRicky

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

Best buy have it available for preorder, it looks pretty nifty if you ask me!

Beat me to it Tanooki :P

Heheh, I was like, "I wonder if anyone on the board is awake to post this?" (mind you, it's 4 in the am here)
Nintendo Network ID: TanookiRicky
Posted Image
Currently playing: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, Assassin's Creed 3, Epic Mickey 2

#22 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

Wow! It looks sweet!

Posted Image

Edited by Keanu Riives, 27 November 2012 - 04:55 AM.

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#23 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

I don't need it but it I like the way it looks, I'm going to buy it.

#24 TanookiRicky

TanookiRicky

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

Posted Image
Here's another angle on it, which shows that it will be top loading. Also interesting to note is that like its most recent iteration, it will lack Gamecube support, and will also drop WiFi -- meaning no internet connectivity, thus no Wii Shop channel or online modes for Smash Bros. or Mario Kart.

Engadget is reporting that it's a Canada exclusive....

Edited by TanookiRicky, 27 November 2012 - 05:39 AM.

Posted Image

#25 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

Posted Image
Here's another angle on it, which shows that it will be top loading. Also interesting to note is that like its most recent iteration, it will lack Gamecube support, and will also drop WiFi accessibility.

http://www.engadget....sive-to-canada/ Nintendo made it official. $100 and Canada exclusive. It looks sooooo nice. Don't like toploading though.

Edited by Portal, 27 November 2012 - 05:43 AM.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#26 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

Almost looks like they are trying to make a Gamecube style throwback. I'll buy it from Canada doesn't bother me. Only one complaint, it looks like it's made of cheap plastic.

Edited by Viral Light, 27 November 2012 - 06:43 AM.

#27 Aarony

Aarony

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

That's really funny. Just like the multiple models of the SNES, I feel like one day I'll try to nab one of these for the sake of collectivity.

Posted Image

Wii Username: Aarony

3DS: 0602-6269-3041

Please inform me via PM if you add me!

#28 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

You know, I was all "this is so stupid"... but now the darn thing actually looks really nice!

Just like that stupid Gameboy Micro... which I wanted... really badly...

#29 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

Small image, but it looks cool. They strayed somewhat away from the original design.

Edit: Oh wait, bigger image. Well, 100 dollars sounds decent. But that material looks soooooo cheap. They should have done something matte I think, or just stick to the glossiness. It looks like a toy now. Well, at least it's something different.

Edited by Keviin, 27 November 2012 - 07:13 AM.

No sig.

#30 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

Wii Mini is a CANADIAN EXCLUSIVE! http://www.eggplante...-mini-announce/

Eggplante!com
video games, music, movies, concerts, photography
…and more!

#31 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

The Wii Mini looks a lot like the Famicom Disk Drive. Though I do wonder what the back of the console looks like, since it's going to need to fit all the cables, sync button, and SD card slot. I'm also wondering how a system transfer from the Wii Mini to Wii U would work, considering both need an internet connection. This console is obviously for late adopters, that aren't big gamers and don't care or have the need for online features. The console is very bare bones, all you can do is play games, make Mii's, or use the Photo Application. But this wasn't the best time to launch the console, people are already confused about what the Wii U is ( thinking it's an add on or just a regular Wii with a new controller), so the Wii Mini is just going to confuse them more.

Edited by Firejonie, 27 November 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#32 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

No WiFi? Why?

#33 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

well, its only for canada so who cares after all of what or not haves
Posted Image

#34 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

There is not SD, and there is no WiFi (this makes it haredr to hack). This is only meant for people who strictly only care about disc based games (believe it or not there are people like that), if you want WiFi and the Wii Shop get the slightly more expensive regular Wii. They made this cutting as many corners as possible to make it as cheap as possible.

Edited by Viral Light, 27 November 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#35 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

http://www.eggplante...-mini-announce/

It's been announced, but exclusively for Canada?!

#36 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

There is not SD, and there is no WiFi (this makes it haredr to hack). This is only meant for people who strictly only care about disc based games (believe it or not there are people like that), if you want WiFi and the Wii Shop get the slightly more expensive regular Wii. They made this cutting as many corners as possible to make it as cheap as possible.

This will probably be the Wii's last remodel ( excluding color variants and bundles), considering they've cut pretty much every corner they can. The only thoughts I could imagine for another remodel would be to make the console memory smaller, which sounds possible. But not for an entire new remodel, maybe in the really late days of the Wii ( 2014ish?), they downsize the memory.

Edited by Firejonie, 27 November 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#37 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

This will probably be the Wii's last remodel ( excluding color variants and bundles), considering they've cut pretty much every corner they can. The only thoughts I could imagine for another remodel would be to make the console memory smaller, which sounds possible. But not for an entire new remodel, maybe in the really late days of the Wii ( 2014ish?), they downsize the memory.

Nintendo will continue selling the original Wii (in full-size or 'mini' form) until holiday 2013. They'll probably announce final production just after next holiday season this year and kill the console so that they can compete in every market - last-gen and next-gen - against Microsoft and Sony's consoles (assuming they're out next year). Also, after that season, Nintendo will be able to say that the Wii has surpassed the 100,000,000 mark of units sold, assuming they can get another two and a half million out by then. That should be doable because they've been doing about 3-5 million units per year for the past little while.

Eggplante!com
…and more!

#38 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Mark my words... if this is truly a Canada exclusive, it will sell for hundreds in a couple of years.

#39 TanookiRicky

TanookiRicky

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Mark my words... if this is truly a Canada exclusive, it will sell for hundreds in a couple of years.

If you read the wording closely, it says that it's a Canada exclusive through the holidays. Which means that it will be brought to other territories at the beginning of the new year I presume.
Posted Image

#40 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

If you read the wording closely, it says that it's a Canada exclusive through the holidays. Which means that it will be brought to other territories at the beginning of the new year I presume.

Or it means that it won't even be in Canada after the holidays. At which point it'll be worth even more.

Eggplante!com
…and more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!