#1 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Nintendo is turning over a new leaf. With launch of the Wii U this might be the Big N's most hardcore console since the 64. While sticking to their roots with Mario they have added the more adulterated Zombi U being an exclusive to the console that features excessive violence and other themes. This is something Nintendo heavily shyed away from with the Wii but with titles like Ninja Gaiden:Razors Edge and Bayonetta U being exclusives, does this mean that Nintendo is finallly taking a step in the right direction to hold hardcore gamers like me? The problem is 3rd party support.

In the past nintendo has had publishers give them their games but in a very very low res version due to the sheer lack of power in the wii and due to lack luster to near pitiful sales the publishers didn't give Ninty the rights to publish their games again.
Some names stick out though that stuck it out with the Wii and that is Activision, 2k, and EA. Call of duty came out for the wii every year and games such as the 007 series and skylanders are always on Nintendo systems so this tells me that Activision's games will be coming to the wii u. NBA 2K has always been on the wii so this makes me think that games like borderlands or bioshock might finally come to Nintendo systems due to the wii u showing power.

Gearbox has already put their upcoming ALIENS game on the wii u so only time will tell. EA has put their largest product on the system already in Mass Effect so maybe they will also port games like Battle-Field 4 or Dragon Age 3. (Even if its for the cash). Once devs get their hands on the full power of the wii u I can see so many possibilites, and yes they are endless.THQ is a suporrter but a question mark due to the fact that Darksiders 2 and Metro last light are making their way to the consoles, despite the devs of last light claiming they couldn't put it on wii u due to work being stretched with lay offs a THQ. Think about the possibility of Rockstar bringing their big hitters to the wii u. If Nintendo can get these devs in their system for the long-run the Wii U will no doubt be the superior console.

Thoughts??
Posted Image

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

there has been lots of discussion about this and here is my opinion. Yes it is good to see nintendo get exclusives like say Bayonetta that was dead and brought back to life by nintendo. If you told me as a gamer nintendo would never get 3rd Party support with the Wii U i would say ok adjust and play the amazing available games that would come to the system. at the same time i wouldnt want there to be a game that comes out next gen(watchdogs, battlefield4, etc) and it not be able to run on Wii U due to a bottleneck on nintendo part from the hardware. only thing i need the Wii U to be able to do is run next gen engines on the minimum setting... nintendo thats all i ask for.

Edited by GAMER1984, 24 November 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#3 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

I cant tell you how much it means to me to not have to miss out on third party games anymore, lets just hope that Nintendo can get back some classic IP's like Banjo Kazooie. We have all heard what happened with Nut's & Bolt's so the next Banjo Kazooie hopefully won't stray to far from what made it a game changer.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#4 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

I also think Rockstar should release their rockstar collection for the Wii U. It would be a perfect marketing plan for porting games.

I cant tell you how much it means to me to not have to miss out on third party games anymore, lets just hope that Nintendo can get back some classic IP's like Banjo Kazooie. We have all heard what happened with Nut's & Bolt's so the next Banjo Kazooie hopefully won't stray to far from what made it a game changer.

Yeah Banjo wont come to the wii u anytime soon. Microsoft has that IP in a vice grip from what Ive heard.
Posted Image

#5 Inland

Inland

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Nintendo just needs to climb down off of their high horse. They promised greatness for 64, GC and Wii but failed. Sure, we got Conkers bad Fur day on N64, PN03 on GC, and No More Heroes on Wii.
We don't want exceptions, we want no filtering at all.

They need to sit idle and let 3rd parties release whatever they want, good or bad. It worked for the SNES, and it worked for the PS1. I think there was more filthy trash on the Famicom & SNES than any other console when I look back on it. Let the game companies release their consoles, and let the game companies release games. The great will be heralded as such, and the bad will go down in shame.

Edited by Inland, 25 November 2012 - 12:13 AM.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

I hope we get good support, Wii U is a worthy system

#7 Inland

Inland

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

I hope we get good support, Wii U is a worthy system

All systems are worthy, once released we are in the hands of the players. It's all down to licensing and releases whether we get the best or not.

#8 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Also from what Im hearing it looks like Reggie is pushing for the Mature games to get put on Wii U.
Posted Image

#9 Inland

Inland

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Also from what Im hearing it looks like Reggie is pushing for the Mature games to get put on Wii U.

Lol, Reggie? Reggie seems like a very nice guy, but he was pushed on us. He was a sub-par speaker, and out of nowhere promoted to president. Even though I like the man, I'm not fond of puppets.
He landed a great job, and I think it's more our job to help him out than his job to help us. Nintendo of Japan shoved Reggie into big shoes to fill out of nowhere. Reggie is very relatable, so all you can do is laugh and cheer him on when put in awkward situations.

Edited by Inland, 24 November 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#10 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

Lol, Reggie? Reggie seems like a very nice guy, but he was pushed on us. He was a sub-par speaker, and out of nowhere promoted to president. Even though I like the man, I'm not fond of puppets.

He always talks about the U getting the hardcore titles and I think he has the ability to deliver games to us. I hope that the U doesn't become a Japanese port machine like the PSP did. I like JRPGS but I still want my FPS and 3PS and stuff.

Ubisoft is also a ? mark due to the fact that their games like Far Cry 3, Splinter Cell, and Watch Dogs are absent.
Posted Image

#11 Inland

Inland

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

It's his job to talk the talk, and our job to support him if he is to walk the walk.
Forget companies like Ubisoft (lol)

We need a true licensing epidemic.If they want to release it, let them release it. Worked for NES,SNES, Saturn(JPN), PS1, PS2, and all that matters for 360/PS3. Just let games come out, no matter how bad they are. Those small bad games are what become sleeper hits.
If the game is in bad taste, consumers can decide on their own, they don't need a Nintendo Nanny. The Nintendo Nanny is what ruined Nintendo to begin with.

Edited by Inland, 24 November 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#12 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

It's his job to talk the talk, and our job to support him if he is to walk the walk.
Forget companies like Ubisoft (lol)

We need a true licensing epidemic.If they want to release it, let them release it. Worked for NES,SNES, Saturn(JPN), PS1, PS2, and all that matters for 360/PS3. Just let games come out, no matter how bad they are. Those small bad games are what become sleeper hits.

They really should just let it go they will sell the games reguardless.
Posted Image

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Not a big Reggie fan. he says all the right things but its starting to become just PR to me. the true so called hardcore players wont take Wii U serious until it gets a GTA game. you know the game that didnt come to the last two home consoles (Gamecube and Wii) you guys realize thats 12 years right? No way as COO of a company a MAJOR 3rd party games should be absent for 12 years from your console if you are doing your job correctly.

Edited by GAMER1984, 24 November 2012 - 11:44 PM.

#14 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Not a big Reggie fan. he says all the right things but its starting to become just PR to me. the true so called hardcore players wont take Wii U serious until it gets a GTA game. you know the game that didnt come to the last two home consoles (Gamecube and Wii) you guys realize thats 12 years right? No way as CEO of a company a MAJOR 3rd party games should be absent for 12 years from your console if you are doing yur job correctly.

I don't think GTA is what makes or break Nintendo Consoles and doesn't define Hard-core. Everyone plays GTA and while it is hardcore it is just as casual such as Call of duty HALO.
Posted Image

#15 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

I don't think GTA is what makes or break Nintendo Consoles and doesn't define Hard-core. Everyone plays GTA and while it is hardcore it is just as casual such as Call of duty HALO.

I understand but IMO its the BIGGEST 3rd party franchise out there. I know the call of duty franchises are big but we get them every year. No reason nintendo should let this happen. like someone else posted they need to get ff their high horse. I love nintendo and only buy their consoles but that doesnt make them perfect.

Edited by GAMER1984, 24 November 2012 - 11:55 PM.

#16 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

I understand but IMO its the BIGGEST 3rd party franchise out there. I know the call of duty franchises are big but we get them every year. No reason nintendo should let this happen. like someone else posted they need to get ff their high horse. I love nintendo and only buy their consoles but that doesnt make them perfect.

I agree, getting GTA on Wii U would be a big step for Nintendo.

We can all help Nintendo get strong 3rd party support by purchasing all the "hardcore" 3rd party titles like ZombiU, COD, Ninja Gaiden and Darksiders 2 over titles like Just Dance4, Your Shape Fitness evolved and Rabbids Land.

#17 Inland

Inland

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Not a big Reggie fan. he says all the right things but its starting to become just PR to me.

Reggie was a PR man, a new one at that in the big scene. They forced him to be president out of nowhere. The dude can't really pass up a sweet job forced on him. Nintendo thought he was a relatable guy, and he really is.
I don't know if he has any say yet, but new blood is what Nintendo needs. When a random PR man becomes president overnight, it's a hard pill to swallow for fans. Nintendo bailed out, and promoted what they had on hand.
Is Reggie any good? IDK, but I'm happy to take ANYTHING considering the Pre-Reggie days at NOA in the last decade.

I agree, getting GTA on Wii U would be a big step for Nintendo.

We can all help Nintendo get strong 3rd party support by purchasing all the "hardcore" 3rd party titles like ZombiU, COD, Ninja Gaiden and Darksiders 2 over titles like Just Dance4, Your Shape Fitness evolved and Rabbids Land.

Ninja Gaiden by Tecmo in Torrance California may be small 3rd party by a hair, but in general we've seen no hardcore releases yet. While I'm not a fan myself, Bayonetta 2 is the big third party title to keep an eye on.
Zombie U = UBIsoft, not hardcore, COD = not hardcore, Darksiders=not hardcore. Popular doesn't mean hardcore, just mean Nintendo constantly avoids popular sales in NA.

Edited by Inland, 25 November 2012 - 12:35 AM.

#18 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Reggie was a PR man, a new one at that in the big scene. They forced him to be president out of nowhere. The dude can't really pass up a sweet job forced on him. Nintendo thought he was a relatable guy, and he really is.
I don't know if he has any say yet, but new blood is what Nintendo needs. When a random PR man becomes president overnight, it's a hard pill to swallow for fans. Nintendo bailed out, and promoted what they had on hand.
Is Reggie any good? IDK, but I'm happy to take ANYTHING considering the Pre-Reggie days at NOA in the last decade.

Ninja Gaiden by Tecmo in Torrance California may be small 3rd party by a hair, but in general we've seen no hardcore releases yet. While I'm not a fan myself, Bayonetta 2 is the big third party title to keep an eye on.
Zombie U = UBIsoft, not hardcore, COD = not hardcore, Darksiders=not hardcore. Popular doesn't mean hardcore, just mean Nintendo constantly avoids popular sales in NA.

EXACTLY! i expect Wii U to get all the COD games next gen... but i dont consider them hardcore. GTA is the biggest game for nintendo to get right now. thats step 1 in my opinion... without that game Wii U cant consider itself 3rd party friendly.

#19 Inland

Inland

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

EXACTLY! i expect Wii U to get all the COD games next gen... but i dont consider them hardcore. GTA is the biggest game for nintendo to get right now. thats step 1 in my opinion... without that game Wii U cant consider itself 3rd party friendly.

Like a dog you need to smack them in the nose and say "Stop It!".
It's not GTA5, but everything. They need to let everyone release games. If the sales are bad the publishers or developers can take the heat. Nintendo should not be the Nanny, let the freakin' consumers decide once again, just like the SNES when Nintendo was worth their weight in salt.

Nintendo needs the smack in the nose, and hard. They haven't understood gamers 100% in almost 20 years. Pretty Sad.

Dear Nintendo, why was the SNES/Super Famicom good? Because you made a console and then didn't meddle in it!
You meddled with everything after, and it failed because of your involvement. Your involvement drives consumers AWAY!
Stop it. Bad Dog!

The best way that you can keep the Wii U a "Good Dog" is to not screw up. You know how to... not screw up? Don't get involved. You do not know best, you really don't.
Let it be, Nintendo. Please, just let it be. Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

Edited by Inland, 25 November 2012 - 01:24 AM.

#20 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

well notice that I used the word hardcore with quotation marks as it is a stupid term anyway. If none of those are "hardcore" titles then what are?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!