• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Achill3s

Achill3s

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

So my Gamepad's screen was internally busted from falling off the charging cradle. Literally fell 2 inches. Called customer service and they are telling me that I will most likely have to pay for the repair. This is pretty bogus considering I bought the system last week, and this little tiny fall damaged the pad. It will cost 95 dollars to repair the pad and take 2 weeks. So a console I spent about 375 on will end up costing me close to 500 one week later. This is unreal.

#2 Zebra

Zebra

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Cave Story

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

This is the exact reason why I bought a warranty. I'm sorry, bro. I don't know what to tell you.

#3 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Did someone push it off the cradle or just sloppily threw it onto said cradle?

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

Well, that sucks. There's nothing you can do about it though, it's your responsibility, so you should of made sure it was in a safe place.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Wow, that drop test was pretty inaccurate then ;)

#6 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

You have to pay for someone to fix it?
Posted Image

You have to pay for someone to fix it?
Posted Image

#7 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Wow. I know that feeling. I've had some things break from impossibly small falls too. :( Maybe you can claim it stopped working on its own and see what they charge you.
Posted Image

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

To be fair you can't blame Nintendo for not repairing it for free under the warranty as its not a manufacturing defect or fault. I don't know exactly how it fell but regardless it sounds like a user error or in other words your own fault it fell off on to the floor. It's your responsibility to take care of it and make sure something like that doesn't happen. It's inevitable that if it falls there is a chance it will break or get damaged. I would suggest you stop blaming Nintendo for what happened to your Gamepad and for refusing to fix it for free.

#9 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

hmm makes me nervous about setting my gamepad charging cradle on my dresser which is pretty high up...did not get a warranty for it either. well good luck man, hope it gets fixed soon and you can get back to gaming. :D

bb0.gif

#10 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

Your fault.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

Don't all Nintendo systems come under a 1 year warranty? I'm almost 100% sure the original 3DS did.

I also got a 6 month extension for registering on Club Nintendo, I guess this isn't the case with the Wii U.

#12 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

Next time get a warranty and be more cautious with your stuff. You can't really fault anyone but yourself for it breaking. As I recall, any damage done to anything after it's in your hands is at your expense. Everyone should know this by now.

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Don't all Nintendo systems come under a 1 year warranty? I'm almost 100% sure the original 3DS did.
I also got a 6 month extension for registering on Club Nintendo, I guess this isn't the case with the Wii U.

Yes they do but they warranties and not insurance policies. They cover faults and problems which the owner is not responsible for and not things like accidental damage.

#14 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

2 inches you say...

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#15 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

Wow, that drop test was pretty inaccurate then ;)

Proof is in the pudding - its not inaccurate , its just that every situation is different. I know people who dropped cell phones, gameboys etc once and busted it - my gameboys and cell phones have fallen so many times on concrete its not even funny - yet nothing ever broke.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#16 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Proof is in the pudding - its not inaccurate , its just that every situation is different. I know people who dropped cell phones, gameboys etc once and busted it - my gameboys and cell phones have fallen so many times on concrete its not even funny - yet nothing ever broke.

Well, it's inaccurate to rely on - if someone can drop it 5 ft onto concrete and not break it, yet someone can drop is 2 inches on carpet and break it.

#17 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

If it fell..it's your fault. Why would they fix it for free? You should have just took it back the shop and played dumb..aslong as there was no visible damage..you may have gotten away with it. But to call them and basically say "I dropped it, it's broke, can you fix it for free" ? Not gonna happen

Edited by RolledUp20s, 25 November 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#18 Achill3s

Achill3s

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Well, of course I am responsible. That's not the point. I was just shocked at how easily the thing busted. Never broke a touchscreen in my life.

Anyway, since typing this out, and speaking on the phone to reps for about an hour, they decided to cover the damage because it is a new console and because I wasn't a total ass (i'm assuming). Also noted that this is the very first repair instance of a wiiu yet in North America. I guess that's kinda cool in a weird backwards way!

All's well that ends well right?

Edited by Achill3s, 25 November 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#19 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

Well, of course I am responsible. That's not the point. I was just shocked at how easily the thing busted. Never broke a touchscreen in my life.

Anyway, since typing this out, and speaking on the phone to reps for about an hour, they decided to cover the damage because it is a new console and because I wasn't a total ass (i'm assuming). Also noted that this is the very first repair instance of a wiiu yet in North America. I guess that's kinda cool a weird backwards way!

All's well that ends well right?

Well, I'm glad that you didn't have to pay. Nice customer service.

#20 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

I'm just hoping this is a fluke and half of the gamepads out there aren't this delicate.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gamepad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!