mmxforever

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • NNID:mmxforever
  • Fandom:
    Mega Man X, Mario, Sonic, Mario Kart

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

Binx seems butt hurt that he likes mediocre sequels to mediocre franchises (except for bioshock).

As far as whats out, Mario, Tekken, Scribblenauts and CoD as far as retail goes. I guess if you are a sports fan NBA 2K would be a decent choice as well. Download wise you have Trine 2, Nano Assault, and Mighty Switchforce if you don't have the 3DS version already. Really though, Mario is the cream of the crop. It's true the rest of NSMB series has been...........well the 2 handheld ones sucked and Wii was only average as far as Mario games go. U is WAY better and easily stands besides the classics. Boss battles are still too easy for my liking and the music is mostly the same crap they have had for 4 GAMES NOW (seriously Nintendo, Mario music rocks except for these games), but it's challenging, fun to play, and has a ton of hidden stuff.

REALLY looking forward next few months for Pikmin 3, NFS Most Wanted, and Wonderful 101.

#62 ROACHCLASS

ROACHCLASS

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Going to store tomorrow to pick up a Wiimote+ and nun-chuck. Should I get Mario or Assassin's Creed 3? Would having to play the previous AC games matter? I've never played one. I'm leaning towards Mario because my girlfriend would play that too.

Edited by ROACHCLASS, 08 March 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#63 Alii

Alii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • NNID:zangoose
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing / Kirby / Pokemon

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Going to store tomorrow to pick up a Wiimote+ and nun-chuck. Should I get Mario or Assassin's Creed 3? Would having to play the previous AC games matter? I've never played one. I'm leaning towards Mario because my girlfriend would play that too.

I'd suggest Mario,

Since AC3 does'int really require you to play the previous games,But it's not any fun and you wont get like 90% of the references.

small_zpsfe204a57.jpg

#64 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Should i get lego city or simcity on pc? Or should i get that sonic racer game?

#65 joiemoie

joiemoie

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

I'm not really enjoying lego city and haven't looked at simcity before. However, the sonic racing game is pretty cheap and a great game to play. It's fun solo and with friends and has lots of features. I'd look at simcity and sonic racers and pick from the two. 

#66 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition

New Super Mario Bros. U

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

super smash bros 4

wind waker

metroid prime 4

goldeneye u

lego  city

pikmin 3

#67 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition

New Super Mario Bros. U

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

super smash bros 4

wind waker

metroid prime 4

goldeneye u

lego  city

pikmin 3

What about them?

FmEkJ2.gif

#68 Skeletor

Skeletor

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • NNID:OG-Diablo
  • Fandom:
    kirby,Zelda,Pokemon,Donkey Kong :D

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

For replay value: Black Ops II and Sonic and Sega Alll Star Racing Transformed
For campaign: ZombiU, Assassins Creed

pretty much sums it up lol

Skeletor:"...fool, you are no longer my equal, I am more than man, more than life..I am GOD!"

Add me on WII U:OG-Diablo Twitter:@Explect  Yotutube.com/aawplays  Skype:Explect

Xbox: I OG Diablo I

kirby_signature2.png

#69 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Last of us? Animal Crossing New Leaf? Project X Zone?

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#70 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

Will get Ninja Gaiden 3 next, after that i basically have all the must have games. Thinking about getting Amazing Spider-Man or 007 Legends after that, anyone picked them up? Are they worth 30 bucks? 

#71 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

Any recommendations for a "light/casual" gamer?  I've enjoyed Nintendoland for its simplicity and Mario Bros. bc it's familiar.  Sounds like the Sonic racing game is cool- so I might get that next. I've never played a Zelda game, but it gets great reviews.  Is that hard?

#72 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Any recommendations for a "light/casual" gamer? I've enjoyed Nintendoland for its simplicity and Mario Bros. bc it's familiar.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (a tad difficult)
Skylanders Giants (a tad expensive)
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Edited by Amnesia, 16 May 2013 - 06:57 AM.

#73 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for the suggestions!

#74 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Any recommendations for a "light/casual" gamer?  I've enjoyed Nintendoland for its simplicity and Mario Bros. bc it's familiar.  Sounds like the Sonic racing game is cool- so I might get that next. I've never played a Zelda game, but it gets great reviews.  Is that hard?

Zelda would be a good choice if you want to take advantage of the Wii U's backwards compatibility.  It's a good mix of fun adventuring with puzzle-solving that ranges from simple to sometimes a bit difficult.  I would say at worst just don't worry about using an online guide from time to time if you find yourself stuck.

You may want to try out some of the eShop games like Runner 2 (will be kinda like Mario), Nano Assault Neo, Trine 2, etc.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#75 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

That sounds cool- I tried Pikmin on Nintendoland last night and that looks like it's my speed, so maybe I'll get that when the full version is released.

Sonic Racing Game is really fun- I LOVE MarioKart, but might end up liking this one more.  (not to say I won't get the new MarioKart).....

#76 NicMDS

NicMDS

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Does Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed have some cool battle modes?

Thinking about getting this one, but I'm not sure about the game modes to play with friends..

#77 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

I guess I'm not that good.  you can shoot stuff, but I am focusing on driving/flying.....  I'm sure the game has more to offer, but I am just now learning.....

#78 Distractionwolf

Distractionwolf

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

I'm looking for a recommendation for a game I could get really into for online play for a while. I have Injustice but while I like it I am bad at fighting games - I can't survive very well online. I am not experienced enough at FPS games to be very good at them online either. I always die in seconds and never get anywhere and its just not very fun. I prefer solo campaigns in FPS. So call of duty is out.

I kind of like MMO's (monster hunter maybe?) and I have a feeling I might like party games online. The one and only online gaming experience I seemed to really enjoy was Fat Princess. What wii u titles, either out now or coming out, might I like for this? (I'm curious about Game and Wario if it has online, Tank Tank Tank, and if there is any word of a Mario Party that might be online...Anything else upcoming or rumored let me know)

#79 Ianash

Ianash

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • NNID:Ianash1
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Wii U, Mario, Sony, PS3

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

I'm looking for a recommendation for a game I could get really into for online play for a while. I have Injustice but while I like it I am bad at fighting games - I can't survive very well online. I am not experienced enough at FPS games to be very good at them online either. I always die in seconds and never get anywhere and its just not very fun. I prefer solo campaigns in FPS. So call of duty is out.

I kind of like MMO's (monster hunter maybe?) and I have a feeling I might like party games online. The one and only online gaming experience I seemed to really enjoy was Fat Princess. What wii u titles, either out now or coming out, might I like for this? (I'm curious about Game and Wario if it has online, Tank Tank Tank, and if there is any word of a Mario Party that might be online...Anything else upcoming or rumored let me know)

If you like party games, and MMORPG then you should probably get monster hunter... I prefer you try the demo on the eshop, Then try beating the easy one and the hard one... If it didn't convince you. Then I prefer waiting for more games to be announced soon.

P.S: Assassin's creed III is a good Open world game, If you like open world games then buy that or Lego City: Undercover

Edited by Ianash, 05 July 2013 - 02:30 AM.

Hello!
Please add me on my Wii U!
Nintendo network id: Ianash1

#80 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

At this point, the Wii U's library is very limited, especially when it comes to games worth paying full retail price.

I personally think New Super Mario Bros. U, Lego City and Sonic All-Stars are the ones you should get, especially if you're more of a casual gamer. If you want to get something a bit more intense, Monster Hunter 3 and ZombiU are great titles.

On the eShop the definite must have is Trine 2. Give a try to the Rayman Legends Challenges App because not only it'll give you new challenges everyday, it's a great glimpse at what's coming when the full game comes out. And it's free, so you can't really beat that.

You can also get great games from the Wii library if you skipped the Wii last gen, and you can get those for a pretty cheap buck now.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!