Photo

Wii U Game/App Updates (Download and Install)

Update Patch App Game

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 crellion

crellion

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

I got a QQ regarding Wii U Game/App Updates like the incremental patch updates just released for YouTube and Amazon Video App Channels. I noticed that when you click on those specific App channels, it will automatically start doing an update on it (if there is one.)

But there is also a "Start Software" button which just launches the App immediately - and it seems then the update just happens in the background. My question is if you do this, will the update then apply itself automatically after it finishes downloading, or do you have to manually go back to the Wii U Menu - click on that App Channel again for it to trigger the Install?

Also does the Install itself always have to take up the entire screen or can it be done in the background automatically?

#2 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

I got a QQ regarding Wii U Game/App Updates like the incremental patch updates just released for YouTube and Amazon Video App Channels. I noticed that when you click on those specific App channels, it will automatically start doing an update on it (if there is one.)

But there is also a "Start Software" button which just launches the App immediately - and it seems then the update just happens in the background. My question is if you do this, will the update then apply itself automatically after it finishes downloading, or do you have to manually go back to the Wii U Menu - click on that App Channel again for it to trigger the Install?

Also does the Install itself always have to take up the entire screen or can it be done in the background automatically?

The update will install the next time you open the app.

It does it in the background.. when you press the home button, the last icon will be download management. You can see the progress in there.

Edited by Keanu Riives, 26 November 2012 - 04:14 PM.

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

It does it in the background.. when you press the home button, the last icon will be download management. You can see the progress in there.

^^What he said^^ :D

#4 crellion

crellion

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

So these software updates never silently installs in the background? You always have to "manually" trigger the install of the update?

#5 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

So these software updates never silently installs in the background? You always have to "manually" trigger the install of the update?

It's not possible for it to be running and updating at the same time..

So, yes. You have to manually do it.

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

#6 crellion

crellion

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

It's not possible for it to be running and updating at the same time..

So, yes. You have to manually do it.

Well I'm not even saying running the same game or game - like if it was downloading the Nintendoland Update (which is a massive 238mb) - and I was in Netflix App the whole time until it finishes downloading. Then are you saying - it will install only when I click on the Nintendoland Channel again from the Wii U Menu (and show the Install Progress Bar) - vs it installing silently in the background while I'm still in Netflix and then I can just launch Nintendoland and play it straight away...

#7 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Well I'm not even saying running the same game or game - like if it was downloading the Nintendoland Update (which is a massive 238mb) - and I was in Netflix App the whole time until it finishes downloading. Then are you saying - it will install only when I click on the Nintendoland Channel again from the Wii U Menu (and show the Install Progress Bar) - vs it installing silently in the background while I'm still in Netflix and then I can just launch Nintendoland and play it straight away...

You'd have to watch it install.. you cant install an update in the background.

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

#8 crellion

crellion

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

You'd have to watch it install.. you cant install an update in the background.

Bummer - well I guess we're not there yet in terms of these conveniences - here's to hoping though :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update, Patch, App, Game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!