• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Preacher Ken

Preacher Ken

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

I am very attracted to buying Mass Effect 3 for Wii U. Can you please share information about this game on the Wii U please? Any imformation you give me is very important to me ok.
  • Is it one 1 disk or two?
  • Dose multiplayer suport headsets?
  • In campain can you leave messages for other players in game like the new mario game you can?
  • Dose Mass Effect 3 come in a metal case?
  • Is there a Wii U mass Effect 3 guide book written for Wii U?
  • Dose Mass Effect 3 suport two people playing together on the one console?
  • Is there any Mass Effect 3 DLC on nintendo Wii U shop from launch date?
  • With multiplayer online do You need a EA membership?

kennypants is my http://www.godtube.com/ Channel
Posted Image

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

I'm pretty sure the answer is no for all of your questions. It was a lazy bad port, buy it on the other consoles. I say support 3rd party, but support GOOD 3rd party.

2lvmghw.png

#3 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

all the dlc from the other consoles is already on the game so there's no dlc on the shop thats all i know since i dont have it yet. I think the only thing worse in the game compared to other consoles is the frames per second in cutscenes, it got some good reviews

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#4 Preacher Ken

Preacher Ken

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

I'm pretty sure the answer is no for all of your questions. It was a lazy bad port, buy it on the other consoles. I say support 3rd party, but support GOOD 3rd party.

Thanks for such a Quick Responce! Comon knowledge is repeated, so I will be reading what other fellow Wii U users have to say about my questions also. Note! I have seen a very lot of Youtbes about Mass Effect 3 gameplaying on the Wii U but it's better to read reviews from peoples who have all ready played the game on the Wii U first hand.
Posted Image

#5 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

I personally have not played it but I heard its one of the worse ports. Just to be safe, I'd say get it on the other consoles.

2lvmghw.png

#6 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

• Is it one 1 disk or two?
  • Dose multiplayer suport headsets?
  • In campain can you leave messages for other players in game like the new mario game you can?
  • Dose Mass Effect 3 come in a metal case?
  • Is there a Wii U mass Effect 3 guide book written for Wii U?
  • Dose Mass Effect 3 suport two people playing together on the one console?
  • Is there any Mass Effect 3 DLC on nintendo Wii U shop from launch date?
  • With multiplayer online do You need a EA membership?

• I believe it will be purely on one disc, seeing as the Nintendo propietary discs are 25GB in size, and Mass Effect 3 is more than capable of being put onto a disc that size, as with the PS3.
  • Online multiplayer on Wii U games will support headsets. I believe you can use mic chat through the gamepad, but the Wii U is compatible with proper headsets such as the PDP Afterglow AGU S1.
  • I'm not entirely sure, as in-game messaging seems to be NSMBU specific. However, I believe Miiverse is capable of on the fly messaging of a similar type.
  • If it does, I didn't know. I think it comes in plastic only for the Wii U.
  • I wouldn't say that a completely new guidebook was written for it, as the content is near same to the PS3/Xbox 360 version. The guidebook for that version will more than likely cover all the information minus Wii U specific capabilities like the touch screen.
  • I don't think Mass Effect 3 ever had multiplayer like that. I can't say for sure though, seeing as I sold off my copy on PS3 already.
  • I believe that all the DLC so far is available on disc, although I did hear the latest DLC entry isn't compatible as of yet.
  • I don't think that Wii U games will charge for online passes if Nintendo can do anything about it, but you will need an EA Account access online features with EA games most of the time. You won't need to pay for anything though.
Apparently the Wii U version of Mass Effect 3 isn't anything to be proud about, so I personally suggest applying the funds for it to another Wii U title, or perhaps Mass Effect 3 on other systems.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 28 November 2012 - 03:44 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#7 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Miiverse is compatible with all games on the core level, the game itself might not have any miiverse functions like NSMBU but you can press the home menu and access miiverse posts comments and screenshots.

#8 Preacher Ken

Preacher Ken

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

all the dlc from the other consoles is already on the game so there's no dlc on the shop thats all i know since i dont have it yet. I think the only thing worse in the game compared to other consoles is the frames per second in cutscenes, it got some good reviews

Mass Effect 3 comes with DLC all ready on the Disk! Well that is very welcome news indeed... From What I seen from Wii U gameplay on youtube you get DLC from Ps3 it's like a Mass Effect 1 cartoon thing where you get to make choices that impact on your gamesave as everything you do in Mass Effect world has a knock-on effect. I have also seen that the Wii U Mass Effect 3 comes with different ending DLC. I do not know as yet if Wii U Mass Effect 3 has any DLC multiplayer Maps to buy or extra charter and equipment DLC's to buy? They have those DLC's for the xbox version but dose anyone know information about this on the Wii U version?
Posted Image

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

I believe all the DLC available thus far on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions are in the Wii U version, albeit the latest/upcoming one.

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 Preacher Ken

Preacher Ken

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

• I believe it will be purely on one disc, seeing as the Nintendo propietary discs are 25GB in size, and Mass Effect 3 is more than capable of being put onto a disc that size, as with the PS3.
  • Online multiplayer on Wii U games will support headsets. I believe you can use mic chat through the gamepad, but the Wii U is compatible with proper headsets such as the PDP Afterglow AGU S1.
  • I'm not entirely sure, as in-game messaging seems to be NSMBU specific. However, I believe Miiverse is capable of on the fly messaging of a similar type.
  • If it does, I didn't know. I think it comes in plastic only for the Wii U.
  • I wouldn't say that a completely new guidebook was written for it, as the content is near same to the PS3/Xbox 360 version. The guidebook for that version will more than likely cover all the information minus Wii U specific capabilities like the touch screen.
  • I don't think Mass Effect 3 ever had multiplayer like that. I can't say for sure though, seeing as I sold off my copy on PS3 already.
  • I believe that all the DLC so far is available on disc, although I did hear the latest DLC entry isn't compatible as of yet.
  • I don't think that Wii U games will charge for online passes if Nintendo can do anything about it, but you will need an EA Account access online features with EA games most of the time. You won't need to pay for anything though.
Apparently the Wii U version of Mass Effect 3 isn't anything to be proud about, so I personally suggest applying the funds for it to another Wii U title, or perhaps Mass Effect 3 on other systems.

Thank you very much for the information, that was extreamly helpful. From here on I will exercise selective reading as this type of message (Apparently the Wii U version of Mass Effect 3 isn't anything to be proud about, so I personally suggest applying the funds for it to another Wii U title, or perhaps Mass Effect 3 on other systems.) seems to be edited in a lot of threads that chat about 3rd party games after a person has posted to the thread. Mass Effect 3 from what I am reading I will be buying for sure as It's got a better single player then either xbox or Ps3 and it suports miiverse so we can look up comments and Tips from other Wii U players and we can add our own to help others. Multiplayer from what I'm reading has headsets so you can make friends on the Wii U and you need to talk to others when you need to say help I'm dying. This game has got me excited about getting and using my Wii U. If anyone has this game can you please answer these questions:
  • How dose Wii U use the game Pad controler to play Mass Effect 3?
  • Can you play Mass Effect 3 by using a Wii controler?
  • How dose Wii U use the Wii U Pro controler to play Mass Effect 3?
  • What is the best setup to play Mass Effect 3 with controlers?

Posted Image

#11 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Mass Effect 3 from what I am reading I will be buying for sure as It's got a better single player then either xbox or Ps3

Hmm, I'm gonna say it's not superior, but equal. The Wii U version does have interactive comicbook backstories for Mass Effect 1 and 2 (as did the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 for Mass Effect, as it did not get that title). The campaign itself isn't better; it's the same. It does have the Extended Cut Ending as does the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. The only true difference will be touch screen integrations.

• How dose Wii U use the game Pad controler to play Mass Effect 3?
  • Can you play Mass Effect 3 by using a Wii controler?
  • How dose Wii U use the Wii U Pro controler to play Mass Effect 3?
  • What is the best setup to play Mass Effect 3 with controlers?

I don't have the game, but I'll try to answer.
  • The Wii U Gamepad, when working as a second screen to the TV, highlights the map of the area, as well as giving you instant access to squad powers on the fly. In other versions, you'd have to hold down buttons to access a weapons wheel and a powers wheel, of which you can just tap to activate now.
  • I don't think Mass Effect 3 is compatible with the Wii Remote setups, just the Gamepad and the Pro Controller.
  • It more or less follows the same button layouts from the PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers. I would believe button reassignments are available. On that note, the Wii U Gamepad will also probably draw from the same setups for its' controls.
  • This is more or less personal favouritism, and you'd only find the answer if you try all setups.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 28 November 2012 - 04:24 PM.

AuzzieWingman.png

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

I would highly suggest you just get the mass effect trilogy for the same price on ps3 or 360.

This... THis is just a slap in the face. I can not advise anyone to support such.... Garbage.

Edited by 3Dude, 28 November 2012 - 04:45 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Preacher Ken

Preacher Ken

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hmm, I'm gonna say it's not superior, but equal. The Wii U version does have interactive comicbook backstories for Mass Effect 1 and 2 (as did the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 for Mass Effect, as it did not get that title). The campaign itself isn't better; it's the same. It does have the Extended Cut Ending as does the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. The only true difference will be touch screen integrations.

I don't have the game, but I'll try to answer.

• The Wii U Gamepad, when working as a second screen to the TV, highlights the map of the area, as well as giving you instant access to squad powers on the fly. In other versions, you'd have to hold down buttons to access a weapons wheel and a powers wheel, of which you can just tap to activate now.
  • I don't think Mass Effect 3 is compatible with the Wii Remote setups, just the Gamepad and the Pro Controller.
  • It more or less follows the same button layouts from the PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers. I would believe button reassignments are available. On that note, the Wii U Gamepad will also probably draw from the same setups for its' controls.
  • This is more or less personal favouritism, and you'd only find the answer if you try all setups.

That was some great information you gave me about the mini Map and weapon wheels on the game Pad. I just rang James the boss of EBgames I asked him dose the Wii U Pro controler come with wireles and wired versions? James said they only make wireless versions. Now when playing Mass Effect 3 it is very nessary to never run out of power! Wii U game pad only last for 5 hour and that realy concerns me as I love to play all day long. Dose anyone know how long the Wii U Pro controler batterie last? And can you buy a charge and play kit or something? It will frustrate me no end if these controlers stop me playing Mass Effect 3 because the builtin batteries need to be recharged. I must ask the question concidering the game pad comes with a builtin batterie dose the nintendo Wii U Pro Controler use any type of rechargable batterie or dose it have a builtin batterie too? How can I play Mass Effect 3 for 10 to 15 hours in one day???

I would highly suggest you just get the mass effect trilogy for the same price on ps3 or 360.

This... THis is just a slap in the face. I can not advise anyone to support such.... Garbage.

Please read the http://thewiiu.com/ Rules before commenting please
Posted Image

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

That was some great information you gave me about the mini Map and weapon wheels on the game Pad. I just rang James the boss of EBgames I asked him dose the Wii U Pro controler come with wireles and wired versions? James said they only make wireless versions. Now when playing Mass Effect 3 it is very nessary to never run out of power! Wii U game pad only last for 5 hour and that realy concerns me as I love to play all day long. Dose anyone know how long the Wii U Pro controler batterie last? And can you buy a charge and play kit or something? It will frustrate me no end if these controlers stop me playing Mass Effect 3 because the builtin batteries need to be recharged. I must ask the question concidering the game pad comes with a builtin batterie dose the nintendo Wii U Pro Controler use any type of rechargable batterie or dose it have a builtin batterie too? How can I play Mass Effect 3 for 10 to 15 hours in one day???

To be clear, the Wii U Pro Controller lasts allegedly longer than 5 hours, one report (and I think it came from Nintendo) that it can last up to 80 hours. I'm not inclined to believe that, but it will definitely last longer than a Wii U Gamepad. A combination of both should easily net you 10 hours a day. I'm under the assumption that 3rd party accessory developers will also create battery expansions for the controllers.

Although it's definitely not my business to tell you how to live your life, 10-15 hours of solid gameplay in a day is probably not a healthy thing. Definitely get the break every hour whenever you do.

Be calm on this 3Dude. Just this once.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 28 November 2012 - 05:06 PM.

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Please read the http://thewiiu.com/ Rules before commenting please

I believe you meant to link to here: http://thewiiu.com/f...forums-ruleset/

And my post absolutely follows those guidelines.

I understand you are interested in Mass effect 3 for wii u. If it was a good port, Id be telling you it supported all the features you asked about, mantains a fantastic framerate, and has beatiful audio.

Im sorry, but it doesnt. You asked us to let you know about it, I assume because you wanted to make sure its worth your hard earned money. I could tell you what you want to hear, but I cant do that, because its not the truth.

Its a bad rushed port, from a small rather poor development house (sucker punch) That has poor audio conversion, poor framerate, no future dlc, and on top of that 1/3rd of the game content found in the same priced trilogy on the ps3/360. Yes, it has some very basic wii u gamepad implementations, yes, you can play on the gamepad screen without the TV, (This fixes the frame rate problems, likely because the gamepad uses 2 channel stereo instead of 5.1 surround, and sucker punch emulated the 360 audio through the cpu instead of using wii u's dedicated sound processor because its a rushed port).

Its a bad port of a good game, and i can NOT advise its purchase to ANYONE. So Im not advising it to you when you asked me about it. If you dont like that answer feel free to find someone who tells you its great instead.

Personally, if you already have a 360 or ps3 I HIGHLY suggest you get the trilogy, since it has all 3 games, at a higher, more consistant frame rate, and uncompromised audio, for the same price.

Im not trying to rain on your wii u parade. Its just a bad port, released long after the actual game, released at a time where only releasing the third game, when the trilogy is out for the same price is just not.... a good value.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Preacher Ken

Preacher Ken

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

I believe you meant to link to here: http://thewiiu.com/f...forums-ruleset/

And my post absolutely follows those guidelines.

I understand you are interested in Mass effect 3 for wii u. If it was a good port, Id be telling you it supported all the features you asked about, mantains a fantastic framerate, and has beatiful audio.

Im sorry, but it doesnt. You asked us to let you know about it, I assume because you wanted to make sure its worth your hard earned money. I could tell you what you want to hear, but I cant do that, because its not the truth.

Its a bad rushed port, from a small rather poor development house (sucker punch) That has poor audio conversion, poor framerate, no future dlc, and on top of that 1/3rd of the game content found in the same priced trilogy on the ps3/360. Yes, it has some very basic wii u gamepad implementations, yes, you can play on the gamepad screen without the TV, (This fixes the frame rate problems, likely because the gamepad uses 2 channel stereo instead of 5.1 surround, and sucker punch emulated the 360 audio through the cpu instead of using wii u's dedicated sound processor because its a rushed port).

Its a bad port of a good game, and i can NOT advise its purchase to ANYONE. So Im not advising it to you when you asked me about it. If you dont like that answer feel free to find someone who tells you its great instead.

Personally, if you already have a 360 or ps3 I HIGHLY suggest you get the trilogy, since it has all 3 games, at a higher, more consistant frame rate, and uncompromised audio, for the same price.

Im not trying to rain on your wii u parade. Its just a bad port, released long after the actual game, released at a time where only releasing the third game, when the trilogy is out for the same price is just not.... a good value.

Thank you very much for explaning your self. I sold my xbox 360 and bought a Wii U with the Tradein money. I have seen all 3 games for sale in the one box at EBgames. Yes that offer dose look good. Now I'm owning a Wii U only tomorrow and I'm more then willing to adopt the new console for a very lot of reasons. Why any person would come to these forums to send people to other consoles I do not understand and I choose not to understand simply because I'm talking about playing this game on the Wii U and I want others to share about the Wii U Mass Effect experince as they play it. Sharing Mass Effects between consoles is not my logical point to this thread. Anyway lets get on with this:
What is the Prettest Lady in Mass Effect 3?
  • Tulley the Quarren who looks very human indeed?
  • The army TV reporter who you can recuit she wears White?
  • The girl who in the Normandy stands to the right of shepard?
  • Ashley the human lady who spends most of her time in hospital?
  • The older doctor who in Mass Effect 1 you can get drunk with?
  • The Female default Shepard who dose a great job in her roleplaying?
  • There's That Blue skined Lady with not realy hair is it?
  • Some other beatiful lady in Mass Effect 3?
Come share your thoughts.

To be clear, the Wii U Pro Controller lasts allegedly longer than 5 hours, one report (and I think it came from Nintendo) that it can last up to 80 hours. I'm not inclined to believe that, but it will definitely last longer than a Wii U Gamepad. A combination of both should easily net you 10 hours a day. I'm under the assumption that 3rd party accessory developers will also create battery expansions for the controllers.

Although it's definitely not my business to tell you how to live your life, 10-15 hours of solid gameplay in a day is probably not a healthy thing. Definitely get the break every hour whenever you do.

Be calm on this 3Dude. Just this once.

I realy am excited about getting this new console and It's driving me nuts waiting for it.
Thank god it comes out tomorrow... I will tell you a bit about me, I am on a disability pension so I got loads of free time. I also beleive That if you don't use you brain then you loose it. So To keep my brain fit I play console games praticly all day to keep others company and to help them out as it's good to feel useful. Right now I have no console until tomorrow. So I normaly spend time making youtube gamer videos until I found these forums YaY. I think After I buy Mass Effect 3 I will invest in a Wii U Pro controlers because as you said they will probably have a longer charge time. So thank you very much for sharing that information with me. I mite even buy 2.
Posted Image

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

If you have a 360 get the trilogy for that, the true Mass Effect experiance is there, I don't like Microsoft anymore, and I'm going back to Nintendo, so I didn't think I would end up saying it but please for your own good play it on the 360 or PS3, trust me after the truly gripping and emotional story you will walk away a changed man, you really must experiance all 3, please listen, I love the seiries I love everything to do with it but I must say the true experiance is with the console I dislike the most, I have warned you, do what you like I'm not stopping you, but if you go with the Wii U version you are truly cheating yourself of the greatest story told this generation. If you read this thank you for taking the time to read :D

#18 SNES

SNES

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Honest answer: If all you have is a Wii U, and you really like the ME franchise and haven't played ME3 yet, it's your best choice because it's your only option. The game is certainly playable, even with the port issues. However, compared to every other version of the game, it is noticeably inferior in both playability and value for the money. The Trilogy (ME1, 2, and 3) was recently released for PC, PS3, and 360, look, sound, and play much better, and contain almost all of the DLC for a cheaper price.

I say this with all my love for Nintendo, and I don't want to push players away from the company, but EA hasn't taken a Nintendo platform seriously since the SNES days and as a result the vast majority of titles it releases for Nintendo systems tend to be the worst versions, watered down and shuffled off to some underfunded overworked b-team studio just so the publisher can milk more money out of consumers.

And I haven't even mentioned Origin yet.

#19 Preacher Ken

Preacher Ken

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

Honest answer: If all you have is a Wii U, and you really like the ME franchise and haven't played ME3 yet, it's your best choice because it's your only option. The game is certainly playable, even with the port issues. However, compared to every other version of the game, it is noticeably inferior in both playability and value for the money. The Trilogy (ME1, 2, and 3) was recently released for PC, PS3, and 360, look, sound, and play much better, and contain almost all of the DLC for a cheaper price.

I say this with all my love for Nintendo, and I don't want to push players away from the company, but EA hasn't taken a Nintendo platform seriously since the SNES days and as a result the vast majority of titles it releases for Nintendo systems tend to be the worst versions, watered down and shuffled off to some underfunded overworked b-team studio just so the publisher can milk more money out of consumers.

And I haven't even mentioned Origin yet.

Confession time, I played Mass Effect 1 on xbox and loved it, I played Mass Effect 2 on xbox and Hated it, Played Mass effect 3 on xbox and the downloads stoped me joining peoples games, I have not played the Triligy game pack and probably never will. I for one love to try out new versions of games. The Wii U version on my youtube has a video of gameplay for over two hours of Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U that a friend of mine made so I know that the fame rate is very good, graphics are great, gameplay is great, the sound is the same as it all ways was, None of you guys have played the Wii U version of the game your only been playing the Trilligy version of the game on other consoles.
True the load times are a little slower but that's nothin to realy compain about. I'm buying Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U all you other fans can go back to xbox as far as I'm concerned I'm staying loyal to Wii U. before you post here goto youtube and search for australiankennypants and watch the Wii U version before you post because this video makes all you guys out to be liers. Nintendo Wii U is a great product.
Posted Image

#20 SNES

SNES

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

If you didn't want to hear the opinions of others, you shouldn't have asked. You've clearly made up your mind about the purchase before you had even posted, so you didn't really need us, unless you were trying to drive traffic to your Youtube channels. Nobody here is saying Wii U sucks, most of us own one and think it's great. All we said was that for 60 bucks it's a questionable purchase if you have other options, and if you don't, it's not bad for what it is. Don't try to make this into something it's not.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mass Effect 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!