Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:27 AM

I was looking through the forum topics and didn't find one thread dedicated solely towards the controller of the Wii U, and I find that odd...

Anyway, the controller has me rather excited, I can think of many different play styles that can be incorporated into the controller.
One of these ideas is for a new Trauma Center game, where you'd be able to do the surgery on the controller, while it is happening on the big screen, or you could even use it as an X-ray device incorporated into the game...

Can anybody else think of any exciting new gaming prospects the controller (should) be able to handle?
Or, if you want, you can just talk about the controller in general, anything that can be said about the controller comes here!
Bring the noise.

#2 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:05 AM

I can! Like for Zelda,Instead of having having to buy potions, you can mix items to make your own.

For Super Smash Bros, When you're invsible, you can see yourself on the controller, but the other people can't see you.

For Pikmin, You should be able to see if you defeated all the enemies, completed the objectives, and see if you found all types of pikmin on your controller.

For Games like Final Fantasy, before you use your weapon or magic, You should be able to see what Enemies it works against best against on the battle screen.

For Games like Cooking Mama,it could actually feel like cooking by using the Wii Remotes and using the Wii U controller by using it like a pot.
Posted Image

#3 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:32 AM

As can I!

I can't wait to see shooter games like CoD, Battlefield, etc come to life even more when you can connect the controller to a Wii zapper looking thing and use it as a scope! That is going to be awesome! Especially if you are sniping! Can't wait for this thing to come out and to hear more details about it!!!
Posted Image

#4 BobTheism

BobTheism

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:57 AM

Video chat.

During online gameplay.

/Awesomeness

#5 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

Another Idea, this time about a shooter:

You could play the game normal, like using a 360 pad, but when you lift up the controller it shows down the sight of the gun.
Also, imagine what I have posted above, but with a sniper. The further towards the TV the controller is, the more zoomed in you are through the scope (unrealistic yes, but still cool).

The video chat is a very good feature, it means when you see someone else is online you could start up a video chat and could either accept or decline, meaning even while someone is playing a game, someone could also be using video chat on the controller.
Bring the noise.

#6 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

I think it would be good to place customisable buttons/icons on the touchscreen. So you can have your favourite items weapons or combos available instantly.

In something like Metroid, the obvious use would be as a scanner, place the controller between yourself and the T.V. screen to see the same scene on the second screen as though looking through a scanner, great for nasties with hidden weak spots.

A similar use for Detective mode in Arkham City.

Use the second screen as the motion detector in Colonial Marines, I think I read that they are actually considering this

Use the second screen for video comms from in-game characters.

There are obvious uses for mini-games based on DS puzzles; puzzles that need the stylus to navigate complex mazes, input for drawn symbols that unlock stuff, moving tiles to make connections or devices. It makes practically every puzzle game for the DS open for use as in-game puzzles in almost any genre.

Remote control of a device, with video, like the R.C. exploding cars in Rage, or un-manned drones to shoot at enemies who are hiding.

#7 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

All have been good ideas!

I have one more thing to add, BBCiPlayer. You could watch BBC shows on the controller while someone else watches what they want on the TV!
Bring the noise.

#8 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:23 AM

When I was playing FF XIII i thought the game would be nice if we were able to select our moves on the screen.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#9 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

In a game like Pokemon Snap or Beyond Good and Evil, the controller could be used as a camera.
Posted Image

#10 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Call of Duty andMonster Hunter Tri

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

Does anyone else find it rather intiresting how some people may abuse...I mean use the video chat feature?
:)
Don't push it I am smarter than you.

#11 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:30 PM

Does anyone else find it rather intiresting how some people may abuse...I mean use the video chat feature?
;)

Hehe, I was thinking right the opposite......I don't think anyone is going to use that. Well, unless they don't want to buy an actual webcam for their computer. :)

#12 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:24 AM

Another Idea, this time about a shooter:

You could play the game normal, like using a 360 pad, but when you lift up the controller it shows down the sight of the gun.
Also, imagine what I have posted above, but with a sniper. The further towards the TV the controller is, the more zoomed in you are through the scope (unrealistic yes, but still cool).

Or...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hehe, I was thinking right the opposite......I don't think anyone is going to use that. Well, unless they don't want to buy an actual webcam for their computer. :)

I think it's quite a good idea, the video suggested it'll be a good quality camera, while most cheap webcam are terrible and most people just don't buy them. I've seen videos of Skype TV and it looks good, but if you can carry this around your house (depending on house size obviously - bigger houses will have difficulty connecting to the system) like a wireless phone, then that's brilliant. My mum doesn't get to talk to her brother much because he's in the Royal Air Force, but if he could get a Wii U then they'd be able to stay in touch more.

;)

Erm, you know if you make a mistake you can use the backspace? I'm confused; are you talking about abusing or using?

Edited by Dementis, 09 July 2011 - 12:27 AM.

#13 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

Or...

I think it's quite a good idea, the video suggested it'll be a good quality camera, while most cheap webcam are terrible and most people just don't buy them. I've seen videos of Skype TV and it looks good, but if you can carry this around your house (depending on house size obviously - bigger houses will have difficulty connecting to the system) like a wireless phone, then that's brilliant. My mum doesn't get to talk to her brother much because he's in the Royal Air Force, but if he could get a Wii U then they'd be able to stay in touch more.

Actually, that's a really good idea! Not only if your mom was undecided whether or not to get the Wii U, you can tell her what you just said. (In your post) Ya, I hope it is a good quality camera, rather than 0.3 MP, like the 3DS is. Posted Image

Edited by nintendo3DS, 09 July 2011 - 07:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!