Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

I'm surprise no one has made a thread yet.

How many of you guys exercise?

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Same here it is kinda surprising to me too now that you bring it up! I exercise too. Mainly for wrestling. I have become very fond of it and good at it as well. I am very strong and I am proud of it. I exercise daily to keep it up and I have biceps the size of most people's thighs lol.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Same here it is kinda surprising to me too now that you bring it up! I exercise too. Mainly for wrestling. I have become very fond of it and good at it as well. I am very strong and I am proud of it. I exercise daily to keep it up and I have biceps the size of most people's thighs lol.

Do you work out your entire core? (Triceps, Back, Legs)

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Do you work out your entire core? (Triceps, Back, Legs)

Yeah I do. I do allot of wall sits and squats. Pull ups are essential when preparing for wrestling and my book bag for school is a work out in itself. Anyways yeah I try to exercise everything so that I have no weakness when I do go into wrestling competitions.

Posted Image

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Yeah I do. I do allot of wall sits and squats. Pull ups are essential when preparing for wrestling and my book bag for school is a work out in itself. Anyways yeah I try to exercise everything so that I have no weakness when I do go into wrestling competitions.

I see.

How many days of the week do you exercise? I go to the gym about four days out of the week. Also, do you use the power rack or the smith machine? Also what does you your diet consist of? Lean meats, vegetables, whole wheat, fish, fruits, and brown rice?

Sorry for all the questions.

#6 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Heh. I'm supposed to be exercising and eating well for general fitness purposes and to remove some extra padding, but I find it hard to commit to. My diet has gotten better though, even if it's not as good as it could be. :P
Posted Image

#7 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

I see.

How many days of the week do you exercise? I go to the gym about four days out of the week. Also, do you use the power rack or the smith machine? Also what does you your diet consist of? Lean meats, vegetables, whole wheat, fish, fruits, and brown rice?

Sorry for all the questions.

It is alright. I exercise about five times a day but I rarely ever use a gym because I simply don't need one. All you really need to get the proper work out is gravity. I do those basic push ups and sit ups. I was actually sent to boot camp for being too fat -_-. But anyways that is when I picked up my exercise. Like I said I rarely go to gyms because I can still work out just as effectively without one. My diet is mainly vegetables with little sugar because it burns too fast. I am Chinese so I eat few meats and contrary to popular belief you dont really need to eat many meats at all when working out. Vegetables can give you close to the same nutrients but without the fat. In the long run you have allot more energy. (Trust me I used to be a fast food junkie) Fish is always good and so is chicken but I try to avoid red meats although things like livers, intestine, blood, and hearts is great for you! Anyways that is pretty much me and the way I do things and it is working out great! How do you work out?

Edited by nl010203, 30 November 2012 - 12:29 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

It is alright. I exercise about five times a day but I rarely ever use a gym because I simply don't need one. All you really need to get the proper work out is gravity. I do those basic push ups and sit ups. I was actually sent to boot camp for being too fat -_-. But anyways that is when I picked up my exercise. Like I said I rarely go to gyms because I can still work out just as effectively without one. My diet is mainly vegetables with little sugar because it burns too fast. I am Chinese so I eat few meats and contrary to popular belief you dont really need to eat many meats at all when working out. Vegetables can give you close to the same nutrients but without the fat. In the long run you have allot more energy. (Trust me I used to be a fast food junkie) Fish is always good and so is chicken but I try to avoid red meats although things like livers, intestine, blood, and hearts is great for you! Anyways that is pretty much me and the way I do things and it is working out great! How do you work out?

Our routine and diet is different then.

I'm trying to put on weight, trying to bulk up. So I have to go to the gym in order to built more mass (using dumb bells, machines, etc) and consuming more calories. I throw cardio in my routine here and there.

#9 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

POPULAR

I'm surprise no one has made a thread yet.

How many of you guys exercise?

You're surprised no one had yet made a fitness and exercise thread on a gaming forum? That's pretty unsurprising to me.

Edited by CUD, 01 December 2012 - 12:46 AM.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#10 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

POPULAR

The only exercising I do is my daily right arm exercise :P

Posted Image

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 30 November 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#11 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

Eh, exercising isn't worth it to me. I just eat healthy food (which I actually like much better than non-healthy food), and as such I don't really feel the need to exercise much.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#12 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

I used to not exercise at all, but I've been changing. I actually have been changing my diet and haven't been eating my sweet or bad foods (I haven't eaten a piece of candy in two months). I'm not really into building muscle yet, as I am a bit more focused on cardio.
I get exercise about 5 or 6 days a week. On most school days, I ride home on my bike, which is about 4.5 miles (I'm planning on building myself up to ride to and from school). And I try to get a few days a week of using an elliptical for about an hour.
I planning on getting either a gym membership or buying some free weights when I get into college, as I would be able to work out without annoying the people around me.

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

You're surprised no one had yet made a fitness and exercise thread on a gaming forum? That's pretty unsurprising to me.

There's plenty of game forums where people work out.

I used to not exercise at all, but I've been changing. I actually have been changing my diet and haven't been eating my sweet or bad foods (I haven't eaten a piece of candy in two months). I'm not really into building muscle yet, as I am a bit more focused on cardio.
I get exercise about 5 or 6 days a week. On most school days, I ride home on my bike, which is about 4.5 miles (I'm planning on building myself up to ride to and from school). And I try to get a few days a week of using an elliptical for about an hour.
I planning on getting either a gym membership or buying some free weights when I get into college, as I would be able to work out without annoying the people around me.

At least you're getting your cardio in, but imo you're doing too much.

up

Edited by Zinix, 03 December 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#14 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Used to maintain a 6 pack during Sophomore year of highschool. I broke my arm REALLY badly and had to go through therapy to move my fingers again (the bone sliced through the muscles that allowed me to move my fingers) so I had to start arm exercising and I thought that I could use this opportunity to gain a little muscle. Then I decided that it was a waste of time and that anime and video games are way better. So I stopped and no longer have it.

#15 BrokenDreams77

BrokenDreams77

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

I lost about 30 lbs. at one point about a year ago after a few years of being too overweight for myself. It seems though that progress that was made was mostly kept off but I did gain 10 lbs. of that back over the last year and a half. My gym routine has changed some over that time and I've also taken time off but this is pretty much what I've been doing since the summer though:

I go to the gym 6 days a week after work but do only an hour of cardio, switching up weekly what cardio workouts I do

I do some very light weights but not much with that.

I feel that diet is my enemy though, I just find it I guess too...stressful is the best word lol, I just don't want to have to worry about counting numbers of what I eat or looking at the ingredients of the food I'm eating to decide if I can eat it or not. And I don't eat junkfood all day, everyday or anything like that, I will have candy in moderation while gaming or something but I will only do that a couple times a week. I drink water probably 70% of the time I have something to drink.

Anyone have any suggestions to this or how I could make dieting easier? I think that is probably my biggest fault when it comes to staying healthy, and I mostly have no problem with where I'm at now it's just that I had this little set back and seems like I am on some kind of plataue and I can't budge.

Edited by BrokenDreams77, 04 December 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

Used to maintain a 6 pack during Sophomore year of highschool. I broke my arm REALLY badly and had to go through therapy to move my fingers again (the bone sliced through the muscles that allowed me to move my fingers) so I had to start arm exercising and I thought that I could use this opportunity to gain a little muscle. Then I decided that it was a waste of time and that anime and video games are way better. So I stopped and no longer have it.

That sucks.

You should reconsider going back to exercising. You'll feel better about yourself and you'll feel better physically and mentally.

I lost about 30 lbs. at one point about a year ago after a few years of being too overweight for myself. It seems though that progress that was made was mostly kept off but I did gain 10 lbs. of that back over the last year and a half. My gym routine has changed some over that time and I've also taken time off but this is pretty much what I've been doing since the summer though:

I go to the gym 6 days a week after work but do only an hour of cardio, switching up weekly what cardio workouts I do

I do some very light weights but not much with that.

I feel that diet is my enemy though, I just find it I guess too...stressful is the best word lol, I just don't want to have to worry about counting numbers of what I eat or looking at the ingredients of the food I'm eating to decide if I can eat it or not. And I don't eat junkfood all day, everyday or anything like that, I will have candy in moderation while gaming or something but I will only do that a couple times a week. I drink water probably 70% of the time I have something to drink.

Anyone have any suggestions to this or how I could make dieting easier? I think that is probably my biggest fault when it comes to staying healthy, and I mostly have no problem with where I'm at now it's just that I had this little set back and seems like I am on some kind of plataue and I can't budge.

You're going to the gym waaaay to much and doing too much cardio. You should have a rest day in between your workout routine, your body needs rest in order to rebuild muscle.

What does your diet consist of? It'd be helpful if you told me, then I could help understand your dilemma better. It's good that you're drinking plenty of water, BUT I'd cut out candy entirely, it's just going to affect your gains.

- Wheat Bread
- Leaned Meat (Grilled chicken, Baked chicken, Fish, Sheep, Goat, etc)
- Fruits (Grapes, Bananas, Apples, Oranges, etc)
- Brown Rice (This is much healthier than regular rice, it doesn't have bad carbs)
- Sweet Potatoes (Good source of energy and better than regular potatoes)
- Whole Milk
- Eggs, Turkey Bacon, Sausage
- Vegetables
- Protein Shakes
- Vitamins
- Creatine
- Peanut Butter & Jelly (with no sugar)
- Oatmeal

All of that is essential in a diet. What are you trying to do slim down or bulk up?

Edited by Zinix, 05 December 2012 - 12:51 PM.

#17 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

That sucks.

You should reconsider going back to exercising. You'll feel better about yourself and you'll feel better physically and mentally.

Eh, I didn't really give up on it, I just don't have any time to exercise. I don't really feel bad about myself. I have a really fast metabolism so my uh, "figure" wont change no matter how much I eat. Also, I still have really good agility and core strength despite my lazy and slow disposition. So it's not like I am totally helpless. Also I can set the Heel Lift machine thing to the max weight and still lift it.

#18 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Eh, I didn't really give up on it, I just don't have any time to exercise. I don't really feel bad about myself. I have a really fast metabolism so my uh, "figure" wont change no matter how much I eat. Also, I still have really good agility and core strength despite my lazy and slow disposition. So it's not like I am totally helpless. Also I can set the Heel Lift machine thing to the max weight and still lift it.

Ah, I see. I have a rather quick metabolism myself. It's good to see that you maintained your core strength, few people do. How long has it been since you've worked out regularly?

You might have a fast metabolism now, but once you get older it'll go away.

#19 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Ah, I see. I have a rather quick metabolism myself. It's good to see that you maintained your core strength, few people do. How long has it been since you've worked out regularly?

You might have a fast metabolism now, but once you get older it'll go away.

Last time I worked out was maybe a year ago. I do plan to start working out when I'm older again though.

#20 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Last time I worked out was maybe a year ago. I do plan to start working out when I'm older again though.

Alright, gotcha.

Edited by Zinix, 06 December 2012 - 04:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!