• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 Jehuty

Jehuty

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Been working on changing my diet for the past two months, 5 small meals a day. Dropped maybe 12 pounds just from that (168lbs to 153lbs). Heavy lifting, no cardio. Just got to work on not chainsmoking an getting drunk on the weekends.

Edited by Jehuty, 06 December 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#22 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Been working on changing my diet for the past two months, 5 small meals a day. Dropped maybe 12 pounds just from that (168lbs to 153lbs). Heavy lifting, no cardio. Just got to work on not chainsmoking an getting drunk on the weekends.

Congratulations, hopefully it works out for you!

pity bump :(

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#23 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Occasionally I'll climb a tree until I get uncomfortable, at which point I'll either climb all the way down, or once I get to a certain height jump down.
Other than that the only other exercise I get would be breaking a branch off of a tree and hitting things with it.

Pretty much all I do except walking.
Since you keep asking for people's diets :
Spoiler

Edited by King Aaron, 11 December 2012 - 05:40 PM.

by chance

#24 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

I used to be massively over weight , but one day I decided that I needed to change. So I started working out, I did mostly weights(all I had were 10 pound dumbells XD) and HIT, I also started eating healthy, now a year and half later im 90 pounds lighter . After losing the weight i decided to gain some mass, bought myself some equipment and changed up my routine( currently on push/pull/legs routine).started lifting heavy and eating mostly healthy stuff, though the sweet stuff gets to me LOL.

#25 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Great, now I have guilt. xD

I need to shed a few a billion pounds.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#26 Crysos161

Crysos161

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Personal training twice a week, I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and drink plenty of water.

Edited by Crysos161, 11 December 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#27 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Personal training twice a week, I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and drink plenty of water.

Congratulations, hope you see results.

Also sympathy bump.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#28 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Being in college makes it hard to keep up with exercise but I aim for at least 30-60 minutes every other day (excluding morning runs) (So about 150-180 mins a week).

My regimen usually consists of things I can do at home with minimal equipment, so frog jumps, box squats, shoulder raise, lunges, etc. Without exercise, I live a sedentary lifestyle (not by choice), so it's really important to me. I'm also a vegan, though I try to stay away from soy. Yes, it's good for you (well, fermented anyway), but most vegans eat it much excess.

I wish many weren't so dismissive about the importance of proper health...

#29 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

I fence, so I guess I consider that my exercise. When I go to the gym I usually run and swim.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#30 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Going to go outside tomorrow and shovel the snow off the back deck we don't use during the Winter. :laugh:

That's my exercise for Winter.

#31 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

Why did you guys let this thread die?

Anyway, I'm bring it back from the grave. 

#32 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

LOL what would you like to discuss about? butter vs margarine? artificial sweetners? lifts? WHAT!?

Edited by meitantei_conan, 07 April 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#33 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Well i usually just workout whenever i feel like it. nothing Special.

#34 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

LOL what would you like to discuss about? butter vs margarine? artificial sweetners? lifts? WHAT!?

I dunno. Bring up a discussion, and I'll discuss it with you =/ 

For example, let's talk  body types. 

http://www.muscleand...-endomorph.html

I'm an ectomorph. I have a rather quick metabolism, I'm usually hungry after an hour or two. It's also difficult for me to gain weight, so I have to eat at least 3,000 or 3,200 calories. My workout it's quite.. complex. I'm usually changing it and adding new things as I go along, thinking I'll see different results. Usually though.. when I'm working out it's probably for at least an hour, 90 minutes at the most. Right before I go to bed every night, I'll make a protein shake with peanut butter, oatmeal, and usually throw in a banana in there. Doing this prevents me from experiencing catabolism durning my sleep. 

Mesomorphs and Endomorphs put on muscle definition much quicker than I do. Although, they do have watch their calorie in-take and have to do much more cardio than I do. I can't do much cardio, otherwise, I'll burnt the calories and weight I gain rather quickly... I loss five pounds before. The most cardio I do is probably 10-15 minutes usually jogging or going up stairs (which I think is much more effective). 

#35 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

well lets see..... I guess i'm in-between a meso and endomorph. I tend to gain fat really easy, unfortunately I didn't know this when I started 5x5 and gained a bit of fat. though I did gain some muscle which is good. Now my goal is to loss this fat before summer starts then start 5x5 again. My workouts tend to average around 60 minutes. I stuck with 5x5 for the last 6 months and its working well for me.  have you tried increasing your calories? also make sure you get enough carbs and fat, especially fat. Protein is important to muscle building but without the proper ratio of fats and carbs it will be very hard to grain mass. 

#36 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

I don't exercise :P

I spend my time on more important things.... like playing video games and sitting my butt on the computer chair doing stuff.....

I figure when I get into my 20's I will start exercising or something...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#37 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

I actually started exercising More recently, I usually just follow this video right here

#38 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

well lets see..... I guess i'm in-between a meso and endomorph. I tend to gain fat really easy, unfortunately I didn't know this when I started 5x5 and gained a bit of fat. though I did gain some muscle which is good. Now my goal is to loss this fat before summer starts then start 5x5 again. My workouts tend to average around 60 minutes. I stuck with 5x5 for the last 6 months and its working well for me.  have you tried increasing your calories? also make sure you get enough carbs and fat, especially fat. Protein is important to muscle building but without the proper ratio of fats and carbs it will be very hard to grain mass. 

Interesting. I've never heard of someone being both before, but it's seems plausible. I'm doing 5x5 too right now, I just started it recently. I've seen major results doing this, bigger biceps, calves, stronger back, etc. I feel like I've neglecting my core (my abs), would you recommend any good ab exercises? 

I do cable crutches, and hanging leg rises, I've seen results, but not recently.  I'm pretty much want to try a new exercise. 

I'm thinking of doing something like this next time I work out:

http://www.bodybuild...illa-chincrunch

#39 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Interesting. I've never heard of someone being both before, but it's seems plausible. I'm doing 5x5 too right now, I just started it recently. I've seen major results doing this, bigger biceps, calves, stronger back, etc. I feel like I've neglecting my core (my abs), would you recommend any good ab exercises? 

I do cable crutches, and hanging leg rises, I've seen results, but not recently.  I'm pretty much want to try a new exercise. 

I'm thinking of doing something like this next time I work out:

http://www.bodybuild...illa-chincrunc

Aside of what you mentioned i'm not sure what else to recommend....  V-twists, weighted Stability ball crunches, reverse crunches, plank, and  leg raises are the exercises I usually do if I work abs. The main exercises in 5x5 also work your abs so I don't really do much ab work. Have you tried increasing you calories? that could be a reason as to why you are plateauing. 

#40 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

Aside of what you mentioned i'm not sure what else to recommend....  V-twists, weighted Stability ball crunches, reverse crunches, plank, and  leg raises are the exercises I usually do if I work abs. The main exercises in 5x5 also work your abs so I don't really do much ab work. Have you tried increasing you calories? that could be a reason as to why you are plateauing. 

How do you, "Increase your calories".... Sorry, i'm not good at this stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!