Photo

Nintendo Land Reviews

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Nintendo Land Reviews (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate Nintendo Land

1. 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 3 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 4 (2 votes [5.71%])

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

5. 5 (2 votes [5.71%])

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

6. 6 (1 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

7. 7 (9 votes [25.71%])

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

8. 8 (13 votes [37.14%])

Percentage of vote: 37.14%

9. 9 (7 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

10. 10 (1 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

I have only played half of the 12 mini-games, and I will rate each one I played and give this game an overall score based on what I played.

The Legend of Zelda Battle Quest: 8.7/10 - This game features use of an archer for the Gamepad and use of Links with swords for the Wii Remotes. This is a fun game with nice touches such as rips in the Links' clothing from being damaged.

Pikmin Adventure: 8.7/10 - This is a great game for anyone that loves Pikmin. The combat is fast and straightforward.

Metroid Blast 8.3/10 - Nothing bad to say about this game, just that it's not a killer app. The Samus Miis still look cool though. And I will probably also get disagreement with my "not a killer app" opinion.

Mario Chase 8.3/10 - This is a pretty fun game in which you chase Mario using Toad. It would have been better with things like jumping.

Luigi's Ghost Mansion 8.3/10 - Pretty much what you would expect from a Luigi's Mansion game. Faithful to the original. But still a little lacking.

Yoshi's Fruit Cart 7.6/10 - This looked really fun when I saw a video of it. Is it as fun as what I thought it would be? Not really.

My overall Nintendo Land score: 8.5/10

#2 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

i'd say 5/10 solo 9/10 multiplayer

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

I have only played half of the 12 mini-games, and I will rate each one I played and give this game an overall score based on what I played.

The Legend of Zelda Battle Quest: 8.7/10 - This game features use of an archer for the Gamepad and use of Links with swords for the Wii Remotes. This is a fun game with nice touches such as rips in the Links' clothing from being damaged.

Pikmin Adventure: 8.7/10 - This is a great game for anyone that loves Pikmin. The combat is fast and straightforward.

Metroid Blast 8.3/10 - Nothing bad to say about this game, just that it's not a killer app. The Samus Miis still look cool though. And I will probably also get disagreement with my "not a killer app" opinion.

Mario Chase 8.3/10 - This is a pretty fun game in which you chase Mario using Toad. It would have been better with things like jumping.

Luigi's Ghost Mansion 8.3/10 - Pretty much what you would expect from a Luigi's Mansion game. Faithful to the original. But still a little lacking.

Yoshi's Fruit Cart 7.6/10 - This looked really fun when I saw a video of it. Is it as fun as what I thought it would be? Not really.

My overall Nintendo Land score: 8.5/10

Id like you to elaborate on how your grading scale works.

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Id like you to elaborate on how your grading scale works.

Okay. But explain what you mean first, how you want me to elaborate. Or where you are coming from in wanting me to elaborate.

#5 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Okay. But explain what you mean first, how you want me to elaborate. Or where you are coming from in wanting me to elaborate.

Like you gave metroid and luigi both 8.3 yet you said metroid had nothing wrong with it but luigi was lacking. so thats kinda what i meant

#6 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Like you gave metroid and luigi both 8.3 yet you said metroid had nothing wrong with it but luigi was lacking. so thats kinda what i meant

I find the Metroid game disappointing compared to Metroid Prime but there is nothing wrong with it. However, the Luigi's Mansion game wasn't disappointing compared to Luigi's Mansion but for some reason, it is still lacking.

#7 duck360

duck360

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metal Gear Solid, Big Boss!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Rated 8. Nintendo Land is a lot of fun but it's limited for both Solo and Multi.

#8 chamot07

chamot07

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Madden, FIFA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

IMO, Nintendo land is targeted for multiplayer purposes. Single player is 'okay', Multiplayer is exceptional.

7.5/10 overall

#9 Greenleaf

Greenleaf

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

I've found Nintendo Land not to be on par with other games such as New Super Mario Bros U in terms of how much there is to play. Unless you like all of the mini games, there is very little to do. Also, some of the games (Zelda, Metroid Blast for example) are very similar to each other.

We tried this out as multiplayer:
- Mario Chase: completely idiotic game, 1/10
- Ghost mansion: the best multiplayer game in Nintendo Land, 8/10, but only three levels!!! (edit: two more appeared later for no apparent reason)
- Zelda: okay, but too boring and straightforward. Just shooting / waving a sword.

I wouldn't recommend this game as a separate purchase. I got mine in the premium pack. Apart from a few hours of Ghost Mansion, I don't see us playing this useless game at all.

Edited by Greenleaf, 10 December 2012 - 06:25 AM.

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Have any of you played DK's Crash Course yet? I find it one of the most challenging minigames available. I would rate it 9/10 for singleplayer.

The overworld is interesting, but so far I haven't unlocked much so I'm not sure how much there is to actually do here, and the TV headed stick figure that explains things gets quite annoying to start with, and can't be skipped.

#11 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

i give it 8/10

but it's still a fun game

#12 Rossco

Rossco

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Ah not sure about Nintendo Land. Only played the single player modes.

IDE have left it sealed and sold it for 30 bucks if IDE a known.

So can we multi play online? As we don't have another controller of any kind.
A MAN WHO STANDS FOR NOTHING!

WILL FALL FOR EVERYTHING!

#13 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Cool people enjoy this game.

8.8/10
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#14 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

5/10, average IMO. If you've played one of the levels in a minigame, you've played the whole thing. It's crazy how people could consider this anymore than a minigame collection, but it's expected when you have a bunch of fanboys hyping everything up.

#15 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

I didn't even bother with it. The game was traded in straight away while it was worth something. Got £26 cash from CEX but if I'd managed to get it to them 2 days earlier it would have been £30. They now only offer £19 I think.

#16 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

I gave this a 4/10,i really wanted to like it but its rubbish!! if it had online it would of bumped the marks up a few places but as it is very boring.

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Overall game:
Gameplay: 9
Features: 8
Controls7
Graphics: 8
Lasting Appeal: 5

Minigames:
Pikmin: 7
Metroid:8
Zelda:9
Fzero: 4
Yoshi: 6
DK: 8
Baloon: 5
Octopus Dance: 2
Mario Chase: 8
Luigi's Mansion: 6
Animal Crossing: 7
Ninja Castle: 8

#18 Chloe

Chloe

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Toadette, Kirby, Luma, Super Mario 64.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

I pretty much dismissed this game in the beginning, but after giving it abit of time I really do enjoy it. Overall I'd give this a solid 7/10. :)

✶  ✶  ✶   ✶  ✶ 
♥ NNID: Blushes

#19 Mc_Boing

Mc_Boing

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

I think it's pretty fun. I would like if you could have other people join via the Nintendo network. That would be sweet.
Posted Image

#20 DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon, Mario, Rayman and Green Day

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

9/10

Really varied gameplay, a spectacular game to come with the Wii U because it lets you try out the new controller. Also, it's very hard to get bored because it feels like having 12 different games. The only bad things the game has for me are: It has no online, Mario, Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion's attractions only have 3 stages; and this one's dumb but there is no Pokémon attraction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!