• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 FireBoost06

FireBoost06

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

I just realized that the Wii U's home button light is pretty useless... :unsure:  There's no way of telling if I'm receiving a call from a friend or someone just simply got online. Do you guys think Nintendo can a release a firmware update to adjust different Light notifications? Like for example, the light blinks twice for a call or blink once for a friend notification.

#2 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Uhhh, actually, you can easily tell if you're getting a call. The light blinks constantly without stopping. Did you try Wii U chat yet? Because I've tried it several times and I've noticed the light blinking for a while.

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

POPULAR

They need some sort of on screen notifications for when you get a notification, a friend request and someone logs on.

2lvmghw.png

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

They do have login notifications, but you have to press home to see them. I just saw gaymer sign in.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

They have to include an option for a notification to pop up on screen, like for when someone logs in and more importantly telling you what someone sent you through the Miiverse without having to open Miiverse itself.

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

I must be the only one ok with not having notifications annoyingly pop up on screen during gaming ......ahem..talking to you microsoft.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

They do have login notifications, but you have to press home to see them. I just saw gaymer sign in.

On screen notifications.

2lvmghw.png

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

On screen notifications.

They are on the screen. ^_^

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

I must be the only one ok with not having notifications annoyingly pop up on screen during gaming ......ahem..talking to you microsoft.

Should be optional.

#10 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

Should be optional.

This is still a new system - remember - microsoft had xbox live since the original xbox and had time to update it. Nintendo will have several updates in the future
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#11 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

This is still a new system - remember - microsoft had xbox live since the original xbox and had time to update it. Nintendo will have several updates in the future

I know but it seems like something so simple and something that should have quite obviously been there from the start, just because Microsoft might not have had some stuff in 2005, doesn't mean that the Wii U in 2012 shouldn't have it. Besides from a few things about the Wii U I'm pleasantly surprised with what the console can do.

#12 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

I know but it seems like something so simple and something that should have quite obviously been there from the start, just because Microsoft might not have had some stuff in 2005, doesn't mean that the Wii U in 2012 shouldn't have it. Besides from a few things about the Wii U I'm pleasantly surprised with what the console can do.

I look at it this way - if we had to wait for every new piece of technology to pack every feature the developers want ..with the way technology changes..it would be in development forever. They have to make some concessions ya know?
Posted Image

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

I've had no problems.

#14 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

They are on the screen. ^_^

On your TV screen.

2lvmghw.png

#15 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

On your TV screen.

It does show up on your TV as well, when you press home. >_> What you should've said (and what I think you mean) is notifications while a game is running.

#16 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

It does show up on your TV as well, when you press home. >_> What you should've said (and what I think you mean) is notifications while a game is running.

Obviously, why would I suggest something that already happens.

2lvmghw.png

#17 One_Jay

One_Jay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

I agree, Nintendo really need to sort out these little issues.
A section in settings allowing you to personally select which notifications you want the home button to be used for would be best.
I am not sure about having on-screen pop-ups, but i would still enjoy it as i know i would miss someone signing on - But it should be optional unlike that other system.

Hopefully Nintendo somehow stumble across this suggestion.
Nintendo Network ID: One_Jay

#18 ~P~

~P~

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Another thing i've noticed is that while i'm in Miiverse, notifications about responses to my posts or posts i've commented on, show up just fine...but when i'm outside of Miiverse it doesn't inform you of anything at all, even when you return to Miiverse. You have to manually go through your User Feed to see if there have been any replies/yeah's.

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

On your TV screen.

They go on your TV screen too, when you press Home. I just noticed it last night when I had my TV on for no reason before turning it off and going back to playing exclusively on the upad.

I know what you mean though, like steam.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

They go on your TV screen too, when you press Home. I just noticed it last night when I had my TV on for no reason before turning it off and going back to playing exclusively on the upad.

I know what you mean though, like steam.

Like I said, when your in a session of video games. Its pretty pointless of me to say something that already happens.

2lvmghw.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!