• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 wochips

wochips

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

I thought that getting the Wii U would provide an improvement on my well used Wii but ended up disappointed. Although there are some great new features many of the features I liked on the Wii are missing and everything is so slow to load. To run Wii games you have to wait while the console reboots into a stripped down Wii menu and the useful Connect24 programs like the News channel and the Weather channel are no longer available. You can no longer download your Mii to the controller to take with you to play on your friends console and no travelling Miis. I had hoped to pension off my Wii but looks a though I will have to keep it going to enjoy the features I like while I continue to enjoy the new games and additions on the Wii U. :angry:

#2 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

Ahh calm down. At lest nintedo added a wii emu. They truly didnt have to.
And yes its stripe down because it wasnt there main thing.
Look at the wii. 1st gen had gamecube support while the lastest gen wii dont.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

POPULAR

You bought a Wii U. Not a Wii.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

The Wii U can do those things in much cleaner ways.
Print a QR code for your mii, or maybe emailing it to yourself would be easier.
Use google for the weather and news.
Miiverse has all sorts of travelling mii's.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

I thought that getting the Wii U would provide an improvement on my well used Wii but ended up disappointed. Although there are some great new features many of the features I liked on the Wii are missing and everything is so slow to load. To run Wii games you have to wait while the console reboots into a stripped down Wii menu and the useful Connect24 programs like the News channel and the Weather channel are no longer available. You can no longer download your Mii to the controller to take with you to play on your friends console and no travelling Miis. I had hoped to pension off my Wii but looks a though I will have to keep it going to enjoy the features I like while I continue to enjoy the new games and additions on the Wii U. :angry:

Give it time young padawan. This is an age where consoles evolve with system updates. I can tell you that logging into the Wii U a year or 2 from now will be a much different experience just like how Sony and Microsoft update their systems. A lot of what your disappointed in will most likely be fixed.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 Bowser Jr

Bowser Jr

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, and Sonic

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

The Wii U is a bit better than the Wii even though It is Just a Wii with a Gamepad.

#7 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

POPULAR

The Wii U is a bit better than the Wii even though It is Just a Wii with a Gamepad.

GET OUT.

#8 mjjferreira

mjjferreira

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

No its not...its a LOT...A LOT better than the Wii.

Edited by Andy, 02 December 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#9 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

The wii u is far from just a wii with a gamepad the graphics the wii u are displaying cant be done on the wii. Blops 2 assasins creed 3 and many others cant be done on the wii and look as good as they do on the wii u.
Posted Image

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Give it time young padawan. This is an age where consoles evolve with system updates. I can tell you that logging into the Wii U a year or 2 from now will be a much different experience just like how Sony and Microsoft update their systems. A lot of what your disappointed in will most likely be fixed.

Yes we are likely to see improvements in the Wii U OS and user interface as time goes by. The same happens on all devices like for example on the PS3, Xbox 360, iPad, iPhone, etc.

I would go as far as to say whilst it does share some similarities it's far better then the Wii and is comparable to and quite possible a bit better the PS3 and Xbox 360.

It's not meant to be a Wii in the first place. It's a brand new console of a brand new generation. You should be thankful that Nintendo even included the basic Wii functionality to be able to play its games. Personally I bought the Wii U for its new features and capabilities and not as a direct replacement for the Wii.

#11 TheDave545

TheDave545

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

I hated the Wii, absolutley despised it, it had so much crap games on it and the third party games were shocking, the first party games were great though.

But my biggest complaint was it looked awful because it wasnt HD, the Wii U is SOOOOOOOOOO much better

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

I hated the Wii, absolutley despised it, it had so much crap games on it and the third party games were shocking, the first party games were great though.
But my biggest complaint was it looked awful because it wasnt HD, the Wii U is SOOOOOOOOOO much better

I have to disagree about the third party games. There were quite a few excelent ones on the Wii most of which were exclusive to the console.

#13 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Dumb child.

#14 derk2468

derk2468

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

NO ONE here with half a brain would think the Wii is better than the Wii U. There is literally no argument. What a laughable thread

#15 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

So you didn't play games pre HD Gen since they were...ugly? Worst excuse to hate a system...ever..
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#16 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

So you didn't play games pre HD Gen since they were...ugly? Worst excuse to hate a system...ever..

Its probably more of a taste via time since I can say Gamecube games are beautiful yet at the same time can say Wii game are ugly as its following a measure of want was acceptable at the time.Like back in 2001 I would be perfectly fine with a new console being 480p yet in 2012 I would not be fine with a console being 480p.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 02 December 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#17 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Its probably more of a taste via time since I can say Gamecube games are beautiful yet at the same time can say Wii game are ugly as its following a measure of want was acceptable at the time.Like back in 2001 I would be perfectly fine with a new console being 480p yet in 2012 I would not be fine with a console being 480p.

Graphics don't matte to a lot of people. It amazes me though How much some people care about them. Honestly if Nintendo went back to 16 bit I'd be very content.
Posted Image

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

GET OUT.

I think he's being sarcastic.

#19 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Graphics don't matte to a lot of people. It amazes me though How much some people care about them. Honestly if Nintendo went back to 16 bit I'd be very content.

That sounds more like a uncontrollable love for Nintendo especially it if was the same price as the wiiu .
And back to your first part yes graphic don't matter to some people yet it does matter to lots of other people to some it because of their love of technology and art (my reason) and to others it helps immersion as you imagination degenerates as you get older .

#20 TheDave545

TheDave545

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

It wasnt so much the graphics or art styles, it was the fact that on a 40" LCD 1080p TV it looked horrendous, even with the component cable it looked pixelated, and the jaggies were everywhere it was really awful to play.

Also i have been gaming since i first got the NES when it came out, and back in the days of NES and SNES, and even PS1 and N64 gaming was done on old CRT TV's, and as most of you should know gaming looked way different on those old things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!