• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 binx

binx

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Anyone else notice that no games except for shovelware are coming out until at least March ? I thought more were coming sooner but they have all been pushed back. Cloudberry kingdom is about it and thats at the end of this month. I have all the good ones and there ok at best. Mario is mario so cant complain, Zombiu is good except for the constant freezing up during play so it has been returned, nano assault neo is good, sonic racing is ok but the frame rates drop bad in some sections, Nintendo land is stupid and not fun, my wife even said it was dumb..lol, and I have Scribblenauts which I have yet to play because all my Wii U does is freeze up when playing games. All the other third party games I have or have had on the Ps3 or 360. I am just dissapointed that there nothing coming until the Aliens game which looks pretty sick and that comes out anywhere from March to May. Im not trying to bash the system because I think that there will be good things out for it, but I couldve waited a year for this. Sucks because I was stoked about an HD nintendo. Oh well, let me know if anyone hears any different in releases or games I have missed.
Wii U: Riotfunk

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

I actually heard Nintendo Land was pretty fun.. I'd say your pretty much right though. Not many great games coming until March. (Pikmin 3, Rayman, Wonderful101)

2lvmghw.png

#3 Ringo_Scar

Ringo_Scar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

I would say you did a good job of bashing the system lol. I have played a lot of Zombi U and i have not had 1 freeze. I havent had any freezes period. So i do find it odd that so many people are having this issue and some aren't. All i can say is that maybe you should of checked the schedule before you picked it up. I was aware of this issue but was okay with it. BTW i haven't actually had a look at the Aliens game, does it really look that good?

I would say you did a good job of bashing the system lol. I have played a lot of Zombi U and i have not had 1 freeze. I havent had any freezes period. So i do find it odd that so many people are having this issue and some aren't. All i can say is that maybe you should of checked the schedule before you picked it up. I was aware of this issue but was okay with it. BTW i haven't actually had a look at the Aliens game, does it really look that good?

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Games take a while to make. It's a miracle that we have some seriously amazing games coming to us in March not further back.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 binx

binx

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Up until launch at least a couple of the games were previously slated for December, wonderful 101, rayman, and Lego city. Aliens was originally a January game, with dragon quest in February. Just disappointed with the huge push backs of most of the big games.

#6 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

:blink:
why are we getting so many people that are in their 30-40 lately

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#7 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

would you rather have good games get pushed back? or have the same games come sooner with a ton of bugs and junk, its your choice, not ours

wa3Nq7j.png

#8 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

I am disappointed too, they should have done way better with game choices, or just pushed back the system until next year. It seems like they wanted to rush this system out. I mean there is no news about 720 or PS4 so those at best would be getting a 2014 release. I just wish Wii U had that must have launch title like so many other of Nintendo's systems had. But they didn't. Instead they give us crap Mario U and Nintendo Land and a bunch of third party titles that didn't get the attention from developers that they should have. My Wii U is collecting dust right now. I most likely won't be playing it until Pikmin 3 and Aliens comes out. Hopefully Reggie wasn't lying when he said that they still had surprises for us in the launch window. Let's hope those surprises are even good games.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#9 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

i'm gonna pickup a few more games until march, and i already have so many new games that i haven't even tried out yet :P i'm also looking forward to Monster Hunter 3 in march (i will buy it as a bday present for myself) ^^
Posted Image

#10 Ringo_Scar

Ringo_Scar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

I ain't gonna be rude about this but all i can say is if people are complaining about there Wii U collecting dust and dont see there selves playing it much then all i can ask is why the hell get it?

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Nintendo better hurry up and fix any freezing issues like they said they would.

And BTW I played AC3,Zombi U,Tekken,and Batman and my system hasnt forze yet...And I play alot LOL

Signature_DK.png

#12 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

No games until March? Aliens, Rayman, Pikmen, Wonderful 101....

#13 binx

binx

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

What the hell is a useless nintendo supporter? I bought a deluxe and 5 games,....yup...useless..lol All that I was offering was my opinion as to why Im disappointed and that I find the games lacking that Nintendo-ness we all have come to love. I was stoked and more excited about the games that got delayed than the actual release ones because they were getting the most hype. There are many things I like about the console. These are-Being able to jump between things without having to exit the game, the separate screen to play on, browser that actually works, miiverse is an actual social platform that works, I can use existing controllers, I can play wii games if I want, soon nintendo tv, oh yeah universal remote. I enjoy what the system offers and what it can offer. I was put off that it seemed to ship incomplete, ie, updates for everything, freezing and certain things with long load times. I have not played my console since the 21st because constantly unplugging it is bad for the system, despite what nintendo says. Love me, like me, hate me, whatever makes you sleep better at night. Honestly I don't care, but I do want Nintendo to succeed. Im not a fanboy because I didn't like a few things. After many years on the other consoles I can still point out things I don't like. But in the end Im a gamer and love to play, to relax and or escape the sometimes purulent world outside by just shooting Master Chiefs in a Killzone, all while stomping Goomba's whilst red shells fly forth at peoples Forza'd Gran Turismo the whole time saying, "Its A'me Mario" !

Edited by binx, 02 December 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#14 WiiUWiiUWii Like a Cop Car

WiiUWiiUWii Like a Cop Car

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Capcom, EA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Is someone crying for a bottle?
I can't wait until more games pop up, but it's not rational to cry about ones that have not released or even been confirmed..
Love my launch day system!

#15 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Yeah i think you are expecting too much from the Wii U. There are plenty of fun games to choose from right now, you should try lowering your insanely high standards and you might get a lot more from your console.

Also, just to say i havent had any freezes with zombiu (its an amazing game) and can you explain what is so "dumb" about nintendoland and why you dont enjoy it?

#16 Paz

Paz

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Hey hey, slow down with the Nintendo righteousness. All the guy's have said is that their are a lack of AAA titles - which is true.
As for the lack of supporting Nintendo - I've had every gen - including the Virtual Boy. Hell, my first 'gaming' machine was a Game & Watch!

Now essentially - if you look at the release titles their is most definitely good gaming - but AAA? Think you'd be hard pushed to state that (now now young 'un! before you start nipping at my ankles - I'v bought them and am playing them - so I have 'supported' - yes?).

Their is no killer app on the Wii U and won't be for some time. Good gaming will be had, but everybody needs the next F Zero, true nex gen Mazza, Animal Crossing etc.

Really, are you truly satisfied with Nintendo Land as a premium gaming experience? Some of the games are fun - but did you really pay all that money to 'play' Octo Dance or whatever it's called? Reeeeeeeaaaaaally?

Edited by Paz, 03 December 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#17 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

I wouldn't get too discouraged man. The period between Black Friday and the beginning of Spring is the slow time for game releases. People don't have a lot of money to spend after the holidays, and game developers know that. By then we should have some good info on many games that haven't been formally announced yet though.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#18 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

If you are freezing that much your console is either overheating or you have a defective unit. I have had 1 freeze in like 100 hrs of gameplay and that was because my daughter had turned off my media center cooling fan and the Wii U was overheating......which is the same thing my xbox and ps3 do in the same situation.
CURRENTLY PLAYING: ZombiU, Black Ops 2, Super Mario Bros U, Sonic Transformed

#19 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Anyone else notice that no games except for shovelware are coming out until at least March ? I thought more were coming sooner but they have all been pushed back. Cloudberry kingdom is about it and thats at the end of this month. I have all the good ones and there ok at best. Mario is mario so cant complain, Zombiu is good except for the constant freezing up during play so it has been returned, nano assault neo is good, sonic racing is ok but the frame rates drop bad in some sections, Nintendo land is stupid and not fun, my wife even said it was dumb..lol, and I have Scribblenauts which I have yet to play because all my Wii U does is freeze up when playing games. All the other third party games I have or have had on the Ps3 or 360. I am just dissapointed that there nothing coming until the Aliens game which looks pretty sick and that comes out anywhere from March to May. Im not trying to bash the system because I think that there will be good things out for it, but I couldve waited a year for this. Sucks because I was stoked about an HD nintendo. Oh well, let me know if anyone hears any different in releases or games I have missed.

Debateably the best launch lineup ever and your still whining about it...you knew darn well it was gonna be buggy, as is every new system at launch,and dont even hate on Nintendoland because its probably the best mini game collection ever and it was free... If you didnt want to play any of the launch games then why did you get it at launch??? couldve saved your money... waited a few more months and then bought it...

...Wouldve saved alot of time and hassle... now ive wasted my time reading your whiny post and Ive wasted my time commenting on it

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

So far I'm only looking forward to, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Pikmin 3, I hope we get some more good games after that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!