Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

The next-generation of consoles have been highly documented, but that is about to be an understatement with the amount of Xbox 720and Playstation 4 information just revealed.

According to a report from Gaming Boltyesterday, a source with closing working knowledge of both the Xbox 720 and Playstation 4 projects has revealed major details regarding both systems.

To start, the new system from Sony will not be called the Playstation 4, which had been reported weeks before.

The new console, which is codenamed Orbis, has received a title that will reflect the direction Sony wants to take with the system.

"Sony is near the middle end part of their Project Orbis, their next generation PS4. It will not be called Playstation 4, [as] teams have started to call the final name as Omni. Omni will reflect their new hardware and content delivery philosophy.

"Omni will be 'very capable' of [displaying] modern day graphics compared to a Direct X 11 level of technology like Unreal Engine 4 and Frostbite 2. Compared to Wii U, it is better, but not the biggest leap in the world according to developer friends of mine.

"The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen.

"One application from an entertainment perspective seeing movies in 2k, 4k or IMAX resolutions as their original size where you have to move your head to look at the full picture being displayed. [It will also be able to] synch with the Vita.

"The new controllers, whether it’s the Duo-Moves or the Classic DuoShock, will have pulse sensors in the grips for biofeedback gameplay. Plans are a Basic Unit with 160 gigs and just the system with controller at $350-$399 and one with the Omniviewer and a pack-in game for $450-$499. Aims are for a September 2013 launch," the report stated.

Titles that will be debuting with the system are "Uncharted 4," "Killzone 4," among others.

"Known first party games in development for Playstation Omni are: Next Gen 'Uncharted,' Next Gen 'Siren,' 'The Boydguard,' 'Wipeout' Omni, 'Bump In the Night,' 'Killzone 4,' 'Gran Turismo Prologue,' Next Gen 'Media Molecule,' 'Omni Fitness,'" the report stated.

On the Microsoft side of things, it looks like the Xbox 720 will be delivering a gaming system that will more than double the power output of the Omni and Wii U.

"[Xbox 720 is] slated to be the most powerful out of all the next-gen consoles. [It will be] about 4 to 6 times more powerful than Wii U and 2 to 3 times more powerful than Playstation Omni. The project has gone through many name iterations and will not be decided on until shortly before it’s E3 unveiling.

"They are thinking of 'soft launching' it Holiday November 2013 and then have a full blow out in the summer. All units will come with Kinect 2 built in which can track up to four people, all objects in the living room, clothing, face structure and fingers. It can also understand different voices and has its own PPU.

"In 2014, Microsoft will introduce the 'LiveWall,' a omni-projection unit that will allow game environments to be projected nearly 360 degrees around the user. Using Kinect 2, they have two demos of one that is a battlefield RTS and one that is a kung-fu game with guys attacking all around.

"The LiveWall can also project different images on the wall, so people can play different games on different walls. Microsoft is prepared to champion this unit as a cheaper and more effective alternative to wearing a 'goofy, stupid VR' headset to combat Sony’s Omniviewer while Sony is going to point out the low resolution quality and the lack of privacy.

"The system is going to be very expensive in the $499 range so Microsoft is planning on using a remodeled Xbox Live (Possibly renamed X-Box Life) [and will] offer a Pro (Gold) subscription [with a] two or three-year contract to sell with the unit at $300 – $399.

"The final goal with the tech is to shrink the system on a chip down enough so it can be put into tablets, PCs and Smart TVs so that all devices are Xbox ready," the report stated.

Finally, the games that will be accompanying the two Xbox 720's will include the initial "Halo" trilogy remade in HD and "Fable 4."

"Known first party Xbox Next games: 'Halo' Trilogy Remake, 'Chief Samurai' by Rare, 'Project Gotham Racing,' 'Kinectimals 2,' 'Rise,' 'Carnival Park,' 'Fable 4,'" the reported stated.

There are more titles which have been confirmed for next-generation systems as well, but the most important thing to remember about all of this is that it's only rumor and nothing has been confirmed from either side.

What do you think about the two next-generation consoles?

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox-720-and-playstation-4-features-and-upcoming-games-revealed

Discuss.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

"The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens."

"The new controllers, whether it’s the Duo-Moves or the Classic DuoShock, will have pulse sensors in the grips for biofeedback gameplay. Plans are a Basic Unit with 160 gigs and just the system with controller at $350-$399 and one with the Omniviewer and a pack-in game for $450-$499."

"In 2014, Microsoft will introduce the 'LiveWall,' a omni-projection unit that will allow game environments to be projected nearly 360 degrees around the user. Using Kinect 2, they have two demos of one that is a battlefield RTS and one that is a kung-fu game with guys attacking all around.

"The LiveWall can also project different images on the wall, so people can play different games on different walls. Microsoft is prepared to champion this unit as a cheaper and more effective alternative to wearing a 'goofy, stupid VR' headset to combat Sony’s Omniviewer while Sony is going to point out the low resolution quality and the lack of privacy.

"The system is going to be very expensive in the $499 range so Microsoft is planning on using a remodeled Xbox Live (Possibly renamed X-Box Life) [and will] offer a Pro (Gold) subscription [with a] two or three-year contract to sell with the unit at $300 – $399."

"The final goal with the tech is to shrink the system on a chip down enough so it can be put into tablets, PCs and Smart TVs so that all devices are Xbox ready,"

BRB DYING OF LAUGHTER.

Seriously though...what? They can't possibly think that $400-500 base systems is the way to go. This all just seems...unrealistic. In Sony's case, possibly business-ending.

It all just seems very strange and unrealistic to me.

Edited by GameCollector, 03 December 2012 - 11:31 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Games debuting with the system: Uncharted 4 and Killzone 4. K, this is how I know this isn't true. No way would Sony release 2 killer apps at launch.

2lvmghw.png

#4 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

E3 will be interesting next year. :D
It sounds good to me, but I don't see what would work from a business perspective, especially Sony, If Sony release it at that price when the Next Xbox is 2 to 3 times more powerful, they will be screwed, especially when they have a similar target audience.
Also, gimmicky?
what the hell, I don't even believe this anyway.

Edited by stephen, 03 December 2012 - 11:34 AM.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

VR, lol.
GL if those are their real plans.
They'll need it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued.

BRB DYING OF LAUGHTER.

Seriously though...what? They can't possibly think that $400-500 base systems is the way to go. This all just seems...unrealistic. In Sony's case, possibly business-ending.

That has been a price point for gaming systems since the early days. Why would developers start lowering prices on systems with expensive technology and loose money when they know people will pay the price? In all fairness however - look at what Sony is supposedly attempting to do - they are taking a far bigger more expensive risk than Nintendo just did with the Gamepad. If it works out though..it can be pretty cool.

As to Microsoft being the most powerful out of the bunch...well its Microsoft and they have billions to bleed. It sounds like they are finally making the push towards real virtual reality ...again..it can be interesting..

Like I said..I'm pretty damn intrigued...but if you notice...this gives plenty for us to rub back in Sony/Microsoft fanboys faces - from what this implies is the PSOmni will only be 1-2x more powerful than the Wii U and even the 720 is 4-5x more powerful..thats nothing - both are noticing that Nintendo KNOWS what they are doing..they are trying gimmicks of their own...will they work? We ill find out soon it seems.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

BRB DYING OF LAUGHTER.

Ps3 launch day?
Thats why people will pick up more wii u then the ps4 launchs.
I see it now.
Kids. Mom dad can i get a ps4 look look.
Dad. Yea how much is the thing $200. We can get one.
Kid. no dad its $500.
Mom. Hell no, what about this wii u you dont have one of those.
Dad. Yes,yes that seems much better we will get you a wii u.
Kid. mahahaha that was my plan all along.

lol.. idk but i have seen that happen in store before. These kids today want high dollar stuff.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

my reaction to all this?
Posted Image

Edited by DeviousOne, 03 December 2012 - 11:56 AM.

Posted Image

#9 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

sheesh another repost,how hard is it to look for things.

this forum man.....-le sigh-

http://thewiiu.com/t...nd-fatal-frame/

#10 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Okay this is a bunch of BS if you ask me. Especially with Sony because right now they need to give you more reasons as to why you should buy a Vita. It seems to be a little premature for them to be making another console already. Also a $400-500 price tag? Really? For about $100 more I can buy a decent gaming PC that is about 2x a powerful as your phony Xbox720. Also how on earth would you make a console 3x as powerful as the Wii U if it uses the most modern technology out there? Unless if they made I time machine to the future I don't think that they are going to make such a powerful console.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#11 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

how on earth would you make a console 3x as powerful as the Wii U if it uses the most modern technology out there? Unless if they made I time machine to the future I don't think that they are going to make such a powerful console.

Bro, it's technically possible but would probably cost $600 to get it in console form. The Wii U uses the most modern technology but it doesn't really use the fastest technology in my opinion. For example, it has 1GB game RAM. That's almost nothing. However, the figure that the Xbox 720 will be 4-6 times as powerful seems a little too optimistic.

#12 Guest_Lone_Gamer_*

Guest_Lone_Gamer_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

E3 will be interesting next year. :D
It sounds good to me, but I don't see what would work from a business perspective, especially Sony, If Sony release it at that price when the Next Xbox is 2 to 3 times more powerful, they will be screwed, especially when they have a similar target audience.
Also, gimmicky?
what the hell, I don't even believe this anyway.

Agreed!

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Bro, it's technically possible but would probably cost $600 to get it in console form. The Wii U uses the most modern technology but it doesn't really use the fastest technology in my opinion. For example, it has 1GB game RAM. That's almost nothing. However, the figure that the Xbox 720 will be 4-6 times as powerful seems a little too optimistic.

Most likely the 720 and PS4 will be using the RAM set up like the Wii U (ex: 2GB for games and 2GB for OS), seems plausible, doesn't it? Consoles really don't require as much RAM as a gaming PC does, RAM is utilized differently than a computer. You also have to factor in that the Wii U is most likely using parts from 2010/2011, and the 720 is releasing in November 2013, it seems reasonable that the 720 would be at the most 4 times more powerful. Microsoft can afford to make a beast of a console, even if it doesn't sell for a profit, Microsoft will come out of it unscathed; they're a billion dollar company. Now Sony is the oddball of the three companies. They're currently worth less than Nintendo, in the red, and the Vita is selling abysmally. Could we have another PS3 on our hands? I'm dubious on that. Sony can't afford to spend another generation bleeding money, if they do, well then they're extremely moronic.

720> PS Onmi> Wii U seems like reality at this point. There definitely won't be a hugeee gap between the competitors like the Wii/360/PS3 where we saw the the Wii get slaughtered. The consoles will definitely be close in power in order for developers to be able to release third party games.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#14 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Most likely the 720 and PS4 will be using the RAM set up like the Wii U (ex: 2GB for games and 2GB for OS), seems plausible, doesn't it? Consoles really don't require as much RAM as a gaming PC does, RAM is utilized differently than a computer. You also have to factor in that the Wii U is most likely using parts from 2010/2011, and the 720 is releasing in November 2013, it seems reasonable that the 720 would be at the most 4 times more powerful. Microsoft can afford to make a beast of a console, even if it doesn't sell for a profit, Microsoft will come out of it unscathed; they're a billion dollar company. Now Sony is the oddball of the three companies. They're currently worth less than Nintendo, in the red, and the Vita is selling abysmally. Could we have another PS3 on our hands? I'm dubious on that. Sony can't afford to spend another generation bleeding money, if they do, well then they're extremely moronic.

720> PS Onmi> Wii U seems like reality at this point. There definitely won't be a hugeee gap between the competitors like the Wii/360/PS3 where we saw the the Wii get slaughtered. The consoles will definitely be close in power in order for developers to be able to release third party games.

2GB for games and 2GB for OS would be twice what the Wii U has. This RAM dedicated to OS seems like a waste though. The system may end up with slightly more memory bandwidth because of two separate RAMs but I doubt the system needs 1-2GB for the OS. I thought I heard somewhere that 360/PS3 take 32MB for the OS, not sure how accurate that is.

More RAM would be useful. It helps to futureproof because that RAM will be useful in a few years. Really 4GB-8GB for games wouldn't be uncalled for in my opinion, but it will probably raise the cost of the system so it might not happen.

Is there any reason to buy a Sony? I was thinking that I would buy a 720 even before I heard that the 720 would be more powerful.

Edited by PotatoHog, 03 December 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#15 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

2GB for games and 2GB for OS would be twice what the Wii U has. This RAM dedicated to OS seems like a waste though. The system may end up with slightly more memory bandwidth because of two separate RAMs but I doubt the system needs 1-2GB for the OS. I thought I heard somewhere that 360/PS3 take 32MB for the OS, not sure how accurate that is.

More RAM would be useful. It helps to futureproof because that RAM will be useful in a few years. Really 4GB-8GB for games wouldn't be uncalled for in my opinion, but it will probably raise the cost of the system so it might not happen.

Is there any reason to buy a Sony? I was thinking that I would buy a 720 even before I heard that the 720 would be more powerful.

The reason will probably be the same as Nintendo which is for the IP's it comes with.

#16 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

The reason will probably be the same as Nintendo which is for the IP's it comes with.

You mean like Uncharted and Little Big Planet?

#17 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Sony is worth less than Nintendo? Wow, that's amazingly bad for a company that is not just exclusive to games. Since their games devision is pretty much the only thing that's profitable, they need to make this work. Could this next generation be possibly the end of Playstation?

#18 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

You mean like Uncharted and Little Big Planet?

Uncharted/GOW/Little Big Planet/infamous/Ratchet and Clank they have a pretty good amount of IP's

Sony is worth less than Nintendo? Wow, that's amazingly bad for a company that is not just exclusive to games. Since their games devision is pretty much the only thing that's profitable, they need to make this work. Could this next generation be possibly the end of Playstation?

If I remember correct as of recently their gaming devision hasn't even been profitable.

#19 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Ive already got me wiiU and i'll def be getting a 720 at launch, not coz it may be the most powerful of the next gens (according to those rumours) or coz im a microsoft fanboi or whatever, but because i've had both the previous xboxes and most of the games i've enjoyed have been released on xbox. that, and i really love the controller never liked the feel of the playstation one.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#20 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Possibly.

The Playstation Vita has been out for one year and it's sold 2.2 million units worldwide, Sony is definitely not making any money off it's products.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!