TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

How much do you wanna bet that North America is going to get Apple Maps?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#3 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

How much do you wanna bet that North America is going to get Apple Maps?

I don't know if you're being serious or sarcastic. That obviously isn't going to happen as the Apple Maps App is a proprietory IP of Apple.

#4 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

I don't know if you're being serious or sarcastic. That obviously isn't going to happen as the Apple Maps App is a proprietory IP of Apple.

It was sarcasm, and a cheap attack on Apple Maps for how much it sucks.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#5 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Be great if it doesnt FREEZE

#6 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

that panorama looks pretty neat :)

#7 Triggy1987

Triggy1987

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

This will be really cool. I'm not a massive google maps user, but every year or so when I go on holiday I love to check google maps to see the area ect ect. With this, I might not need to go on holiday now :P
Over 9k subs, Youtube channel: http://tinyurl.com/c3cvsep

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

It was sarcasm, and a cheap attack on Apple Maps for how much it sucks.

Fair enough. Apple Maps isn't great although I hardly ever used Google Maps on my iPhone so for me its not a big deal.

#9 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

That's good, I suppose. I never used google maps before, so I don't know if I'm happy or uncaring about this.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#10 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

I generally only use map apps when im on the road and need them, Really couldnt care less for them on a home console.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

90% of google map users don't use it for navigation. They just use it to explore the world.

#12 One_Jay

One_Jay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Google Maps this is a Gaming Console.
I fail to see a real benefit to having Google Maps on the System. It is not like the GamePad can be taking out of the house. obviously it is handy on a mobile device.
Nintendo Network ID: One_Jay

#13 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Google Maps this is a Gaming Console.
I fail to see a real benefit to having Google Maps on the System. It is not like the GamePad can be taking out of the house. obviously it is handy on a mobile device.

90% of google map users don't use it for navigation. They just use it to explore the world.

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

Why would you need this on a home console? On a portable one yeah but to me this is pointless......

#15 One_Jay

One_Jay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Why would you need this on a home console? On a portable one yeah but to me this is pointless......

That is exactly my thoughts...
Nintendo Network ID: One_Jay

#16 SNES

SNES

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

It's about possibilities. The panorama view opens up new ways to see the world, sort of like a virtual vacation. There's the potential of integration into other services. Imagine wanting to meet with a friend from Miiverse or just curious to see where they live. Open up maps on the system, get directions, even just peer through the Gamepad to see their town. The 360 streetview is handy for gauging landmarks before programming it into a GPS device. If you have a large screen, you can look at larger areas, and more detailed close views.

It's pretty cool, it recognizes and capitalizes on one of the best aspects of the Google Maps (exploration), and it looks like fun. Plus, it also illustrates that Nintendo has a working relationship with Google (which is a good thing), and nothing precludes this from coming to the 3DS. Imagine looking up directions on the Wii U, scoping out the location, and then transmitting it to the 3DS to have the directions on the go. Granted, it's not likely to replace smartphones, but it shows the potential of the idea and what directions Nintendo is exploring, as well as the partnerships they're engaging in.

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

It's about possibilities. The panorama view opens up new ways to see the world, sort of like a virtual vacation. There's the potential of integration into other services. Imagine wanting to meet with a friend from Miiverse or just curious to see where they live. Open up maps on the system, get directions, even just peer through the Gamepad to see their town. The 360 streetview is handy for gauging landmarks before programming it into a GPS device. If you have a large screen, you can look at larger areas, and more detailed close views.

It's pretty cool, it recognizes and capitalizes on one of the best aspects of the Google Maps (exploration), and it looks like fun. Plus, it also illustrates that Nintendo has a working relationship with Google (which is a good thing), and nothing precludes this from coming to the 3DS. Imagine looking up directions on the Wii U, scoping out the location, and then transmitting it to the 3DS to have the directions on the go. Granted, it's not likely to replace smartphones, but it shows the potential of the idea and what directions Nintendo is exploring, as well as the partnerships they're engaging in.

Yeah I suppose, you argue a very good point there, I never thought of it like that...............................

#18 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

Perhaps that 8-Bit game that Google once put onto it would be on the Wii U version?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#19 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

This function looks pretty cool. Was also cool that some of Iwatas footage was in Waikiki and some underwater shots. I think I'll be using this alot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!