#41 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Sounds pretty boring, but hahaha, I love the part in the Lego City Undercover gameplay video where they reference Shawshank Redemption.

#42 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

the lego game actually looked alot smoother from the last time i saw. Looks like a game ill be interested in.

#43 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

It's funny watching people set themselves up for disappointment. lol

I find it baffling that people get all excited unnecessarily by hyping things up and expecting big news and then start complaining when there isn't much to it after all. What were people expecting. Why even do that and end up with an anticlimax. They only have themselves to blame and not Nintendo.

#44 susanmary428

susanmary428

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Speaking for myself, I don't think I "hyped myself" into anything, and I'm certainly not losing sleep over the lack of an announcement concerning some solid gold Wii U or priceless game. But I don't think there's anything wrong with being disappointed in the lack of at least something INTERESTING being announced. Nintendo themselves hyped people into watching this announcement, through Twitter and Facebook and whatever other method they used. I think I even got an email from them about it. They said nothing that wasn't already known and gave no hard release dates for the games they DID mention. As I said, nothing that couldn't have been slapped on the Nintendo homepage without so much fanfare.
Playing Nintendo for 25 years...playing Nintendo for 50 more! @rainbow_spark

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4860-6744 / Nintendo Network ID: suzy_jose

#45 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Speaking for myself, I don't think I "hyped myself" into anything, and I'm certainly not losing sleep over the lack of an announcement concerning some solid gold Wii U or priceless game. But I don't think there's anything wrong with being disappointed in the lack of at least something INTERESTING being announced. Nintendo themselves hyped people into watching this announcement, through Twitter and Facebook and whatever other method they used. I think I even got an email from them about it. They said nothing that wasn't already known and gave no hard release dates for the games they DID mention. As I said, nothing that couldn't have been slapped on the Nintendo homepage without so much fanfare.

I'm with you there.....a couple solid release dates would have been nice instead of this "window" BS. I also think it would have been nice of them to at least give some more detail about the update. So many people have complained about the speed issue within the menus and Miiverse that it would have been nice if they gave some idea of when that would be fixed.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#46 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

It was already posted on ign that the update was supposed to fix the slow os

Oh, I don't visit IGN that often so I didn't know that.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#47 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Nothing that fantastic that we didn't already no.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#48 One_Jay

One_Jay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Hopefully bigger announcements early next year. I am quite excited for Pikmin 3, so that was quite intresting.
Nintendo Network ID: One_Jay

#49 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

This was okay, I was a little disappointed to see most of the release dates were just labeled as Q1/Q2/Spring/ TBA 2013. The only real surprises were the release date for Fire Emblem ( which I'm not interested in), and the confirmation of a western release for HarmoKnight ( which I look forward to). But most of this could have just been posted on a PR or Nintendo's YouTube channel.

#50 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

why dont people understand that there saving all the big games for e3 which would be very smart considering that the next xbox and ps4 aka orbis will be shown at e3. So nintendos going to need all the awsome games shown at e3 because lets be honest evryone is going to be more interested to see the next xbox and ps4. Anytime theres a new system debut it gets mega hype and excitement.

Edited by angelo07stang, 05 December 2012 - 05:26 PM.

Posted Image

#51 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

The thing is they shouldn't have to "Save" big games for E3, The wii U was announced in 2011. That gives plenty of time for hundreds of games to be developed, Yet at launch we only got a couple of originals and a heap of ports.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#52 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

This is what I expected.

#53 wiiufoo

wiiufoo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Seems nintendo kept it mellow as they want a homerun(possibly grand-slam? :D) at E3 this year. I have a feeling they're going to have a big showing...smash bros is confirmed to be shown(I believe I read that :). Hopefully first footage of a 3d mario and some more footage of the 3d zelda. Of course it'd be nice to see what Retro is working on as well. Here's to hoping for a metroid game thats online as rumored as a possibility.

Still got some great games coming out beforehand. Raymen Legends, Monster Hunter 3, Pikmin 3, Lego city undercover. These should hold me off for some time.

#54 Guest_Prreacher Ken_*

Guest_Prreacher Ken_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

cool.

#55 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

I thought Pikmin 3 was Q1 2013?

#56 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Nothing shown really interests me in the slightest, luckily i have the 360 and ps3 to keep me going between the dry spells on the wii u.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#57 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

I'm glad that Kasumi will be another downloadable character in Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge... and you don't have to pay a single dime for that downloadable character. First Momiji... and now Kasumi!!!!!!!!

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#58 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

I thought Pikmin 3 was Q1 2013?

Nope its Q2. What a bummer.

#59 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

I'm waiting for Smash Dojo updates for Smash 4. That's when you'll see me typing like a giddy school girl.

#60 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

why dont people understand that there saving all the big games for e3 which would be very smart considering that the next xbox and ps4 aka orbis will be shown at e3. So nintendos going to need all the awsome games shown at e3 because lets be honest evryone is going to be more interested to see the next xbox and ps4. Anytime theres a new system debut it gets mega hype and excitement.

Because that's not what they are doing. If that's what you think then you don't know Nintendo or game publishers in general very well. Yrs they probably will have a few big surprises at E3 but in no way are they, would they, or have any reason to save all their big releases for E3. It's just not going to happen. The system is already out now. They need to build momentum and give people more and more reasons in investing in it in order to build up market share as much as possible before Sony and Microsoft release their new consoles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!