• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 Paz

Paz

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

It just dawned on me - the Wii U is going to go through the same cycle of a dearth of AAA games like the 3DS did and what the Vita is going through now.

I bought my Wii U to play 1st party AAA titles their are none. Nintendo are happy for no 1st party titles until April here in the UK. So I just sank £400+ to wait 5 months for a game that was a launch title and that has been delayed not for improvements but simply to fill out spaces because the Wii U has enough 3rd party support at launch. When I read this account I just knew that I'm going to go through the same drawn out wait - not doing it.

it is a damn shame. I've rally bought into the hardware - I'm not even talking about the gamepad but the chip architecture. I don't buy the whole lower than current gen waffle - Nintendo know how to make triple A's and the Wii /u will be great canvas - but sadly that's not immediate target which is to hype up the abilities and expect to ride the vapours. We all know that they'll follow through with the IP's we love, but this will be as retaliatory for competitors, if they gave a crap I wouldn't have been spoon fed the idea of mini games - some that I would even pay 50p for, somehow vindicating the money I invested.

It's going to a great system, with brilliant games, just a shame they won't be here for another 2 years.

Edited by Paz, 05 December 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

POPULAR

I'd never sell mine, it's my best friend at the moment :D sad I know.

#3 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

POPULAR

You're going to regret it soon..

Edited by Keanu Riives, 05 December 2012 - 09:23 PM.

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#4 Paz

Paz

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

yeah UG, I was sad to see it go - but then I remembered I bought a 3DS on launch just for Animal crossing - that will be a 2 and half year wait - life's short.

ROFL! I like that! But sadly, you actually do. Hence the response. I thought they were valid points and very supportive of the system. I also thought that's what forums were for to express an opinion. Nevermind Keanu, sheeple everywhere....

Edited by Paz, 05 December 2012 - 09:10 PM.

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

But, really, that's one of the main risks of getting a console at launch.

#6 Paz

Paz

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Absolutely Blake, I imported my N64 and paid around triple for it - why? Outstanding triple A title's - only 2 mind, but brilliant. That's what's missing. There's no anchor.

#7 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

That's the price of an early adapter, you have to deal with the lack of games for awhile. Eventually you'll miss your Wii and you'll regret selling it.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#8 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

yeah UG, I was sad to see it go - but then I remembered I bought a 3DS on launch just for Animal crossing - that will be a 2 and half year wait - life's short.

ROFL! I like that! But sadly, you actually do. Hence the response. I thought they were valid points and very supportive of the system. I also thought that's what forums were for to express an opinion. Nevermind Keanu, sheeple everywhere....

Well, yes... Okay, I made a mistake. Carry on. :unsure:

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

#9 Paz

Paz

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Regret - isn't there and won't be. I'll pick up another when AAA's start to appear, that way it won't be gathering dust and it'll cost around £200 for the premium. But Zinix, an early adopter should still have at least 1 AAA title - in my humble opinion. Hardware wise - I think it's a great move, just checking he daily lesson thread really hones it.

#10 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Regret - isn't there and won't be. I'll pick up another when AAA's start to appear, that way it won't be gathering dust and it'll cost around £200 for the premium. But Zinix, an early adopter should still have at least 1 AAA title - in my humble opinion. Hardware wise - I think it's a great move, just checking he daily lesson thread really hones it.

Why couldn't you have used it for Miiverse and other features?

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

#11 Lethal

Lethal

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

It's going to a great system, with brilliant games, just a shame they won't be here for another 2 years.

Or in just a few months...

#12 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

Just doing Nintendo a favor. You'll buy another console later on when that one game you really want comes out and start the cycle anew. Early adopters are the backbone for the company and are needed to kick start the device into popularity. You are a fool to believe you will be getting constant so called "AAA" experiences on it and if you cant find awesome and highly reviewed games out for it now, then you are either blind, or you really don't want to find them in the first place. You'll be tootin this very same horn next year when the new xbox launches . Happens every console launch. Like one of the other guys said, no one really cares if you sold it or not man, if you did just move on then, no need to justify it. This happens all the time .

#13 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Or in just a few months...

Yea OP doesn't know what he's talking about.

Edited by Press, 05 December 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#14 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

How much did you get for selling it? Did you lose any money?

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

I dont think that was a good idea.
There is great games out right now. Ac3, zombiu, nsmb is ok.
Then the great ones to come n a few months. Aliens, pikmin 3.
And i know more will pop up over time. Its jist wjat happens with new system.

And the vita os different. All the damn people making games are doing gimmicks. And that kills there sells.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#16 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

i guess youll sell the next xbox and ps after the first week too becase they have "no games" rofl
Posted Image

#17 suzuki650

suzuki650

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

That's the price of an early adapter, you have to deal with the lack of games for awhile. Eventually you'll miss your Wii and you'll regret selling it.

I don't think so, as long as you don't make much of a loss on selling it. I'm going to sell mine when I'm done with Zombi U (which is great) and I'll lose just £20 in the process from what I originally paid. I don't mind that, it just means it cost me £20 to rent it for two weeks.

I'll just buy one again when there are plenty of games I want and the console should almost definitely be cheaper then too. Hopefully they'll have sorted out the incredibly slow updates and installs by then too.

Edited by suzuki650, 06 December 2012 - 12:27 AM.

#18 BananaCheese

BananaCheese

Darknut Dominator

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • NNID:Awesomesocks
  • Fandom:
    Zelda and Animal Crossing

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

All I can say is that you shouldn't have sold it...

Nintendo_Logo-600x200.png 

Nintendo Network ID: Awesomesocks | Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-1712-2862

PM me if you add me on any of the above.

#19 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

I really don't know why people have to start threads to justify why they have sold a console soon after they bought it. They obviously didn't do their research and bought the system blindly. As for their being no AAA games that's just absolute rubbish as there are several of them. If there aren't any games you like that's a different thing altogether and again doing research would have helped with that. As for launch games being delayed the only one to my knowledge has been Rayman Legends.

As for Pikmin 3 I believe it was a launch window game and its cynical to think that the reason or the only reason it's been pushed back is for marketing reasons. Looking at recent reports its come a long way since E3 and no doubt it needs and will need even more polish. Not mention its not the first time a game has been pushed back or delayed. As for the price of the system coming down in the next two years people who think that need to wake up and smell the coffee as it isn't going to happen.

Nintendo have already said that when a Wii U owner buys one game they break even. They are selling the console at a loss already and aren't going to reduce the price anytime soon. Lastly I and I think a lot of people bought the Wii U and buy new consoles in general for the long term and know that there will be more quality top games coming out. There are already quality games on the console anyway.

#20 suzuki650

suzuki650

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

@ Red Koopa Trooper

Why though? there aren't many games (obviously as it's a new console) and I've already played the best multiplatform ones on PC - Darksiders 2, Batman, Mass Effect 3. No point letting it sit there to gather dust. A year from now they'll probably have refined it a bit more and improved things, and there will be games to play, and it'll all be cheaper.

You could ask yourself why bother getting it in the first place. Well, I really wanted to see what it was like and really wanted to play Zombi U. Now that's done it has no purpose. Got a PS3 for Netflix and games, PC for games and browser etc.

Also, there don't seem to be any decent games on the horizon next year. Nintendo Direct didn't reveal anything of interest. They really needed a big AAA title like a new Metroid or something at least but anything like that seems to be way off!

Edited by suzuki650, 06 December 2012 - 01:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!