#1 chamot07

chamot07

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Madden, FIFA

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Hey guys - I purchased the new Nintendo Wii U today and want to share my experience thus far

I've owned Nintendo consoles including; NES, SNES, N64, Gameboy, Game Cube, Wii and now the Wii U.

My experience didn't start off the best, the console worked ok... until I decided to complete the update which were available.

The update took approx. 1hr, the console supposably were to restart afterwards but unfortunately never did boot up again. To clarify - the blue LED light were on the console so there were obviously power but NO video.

Tried multiple HDMI ports and cables, power cycled the console for about 2mins - still no video.

I decided to try on another TV and issue still occurred.

A message on the Wii U Gamepad suggested that it could not connect to the console and to try turning the game pad off and moving closer to the console --- i'm not that stupid.

I decided to call Nintendo support, whom weren't really helpful - they didn't know what the blue LED meant on the front of the console - I would've thought they'd raise this issue to their Engineering group.

It appeared that the console were classed defective, or I would suggest it would be a bricked console after the update. The reseller decided to replace my console no questions asked and now I'm finally playing Black Ops II ;)

If anyone else has experienced this issue, feel free to let me know!

#2 chipy

chipy

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

after both updates when the console restarts ive allways ended up frozen, had to pull power out the back to restart it.
also purchased black ops 2 today, after it dont the initial update it just froze loading for about 15 mins, had to pull the power out the back and restart again, luckily its been fine since,
allways seems to be after an update it freeze's my wii u?
J1zzyT1ssue so add me for a game

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

Any bricked system from a bad update or other source will generally still turn on and show power. I've been hearing about a few people having issues with the system bricking from a botched update...but I'm surprised it happened from updating successfully
Sucks that this happened -. Glad you ended up getting a replacement, not a system you want to miss out on!
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 Nightbane30

Nightbane30

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • NNID:Nightbane30
  • Fandom:
    KINGDOM HEARTS!!!!!! RPG LOVER, ANIME

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

At least you got a new one with no trouble though.
Posted Image

I am me! Nobody else!
I also have an account on 3DSForums.com and my username is the same there.

#5 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Madden and Fifa.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

I've not had one freeze or problem :)

#7 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

All fine here too. Update took stupidly long but rebooted perfectly after both updates, not had a single freeze either (touch wood).

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#8 chamot07

chamot07

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Madden, FIFA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

very lucky they replaced it no questions asked, the retailer were very friendly and kind enough to understand the issue.

All fine here too. Update took stupidly long but rebooted perfectly after both updates, not had a single freeze either (touch wood).

the update took me 1hr 45mins, pretty lengthy for an update for a brand new console. i restored and updated my iphone within this time, i even had enough time to perform a major software update on my Mac too :wacko:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u, Controller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!