Photo

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 Review

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FAN OPINION (30 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate the game over all?

1. A (8 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

2. B (14 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

3. C (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

4. D (2 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

5. F (2 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Is the Wii U Version better than the 360/PS3?

1. Yes (26 votes [86.67%])

Percentage of vote: 86.67%

2. No (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Note: I haven't done this in a while, so forgive me if I have some typing mistakes or grammatical errors. Otherwise, please enjoy!

I have rarely played any type of war game. Always considered them bland and lack any type of real depth. When I play a game, I expect to be able to learn about the characters, and to actually care about what is going on. With Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2, that is exactly what happens. I actually want to learn more about these characters, I enjoy watching the cut scenes and I found myself actually wanting to finish the game -- something sadly, not every game has these days. If you want to know about what the story is about, I suggest watching this reveal trailer -- because it does a very good job of showing you the basic premise of the game.

The control's are very well laid out, however I do find myself hitting the wrong button a few times or having to look down and think. "What button do I need to push?" It maybe that I am a Call of Duty n00b, but it's worth noting because these are the moments I find myself dying the most. I usually use the smaller screen to play the game, as my set up is easier that way, and I watch the cut scenes on my 32 inch LCD. I'm not sure if the touch screen has any actual buttons -- but from reading other reviews of the game, I think it does have some functionality (obviously, it's not critical).

I have obviously played HD games in the past -- Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4 being two that come to mind -- but this is clearly the best I have ever seen. It's astonishing at how detailed it really is. ON the Wii U, however, there are moments when the game stutters. I think the lag is due to my obsession with using both screens -- a small price to pay, in my opinion. I am interested in playing the PS3/Xbox 360 version to see how the graphics compare.

In the end, I think this is one of the best shooters of the last generation, and a great start to the next (in this case, since I am playing it on the Wii U). The online play is addicting -- which I have to do a separate review on later down the road, when I play every different mode. The single player mode is worth playing till the bitter end. I actually want to play through multiple times, to see if I can get different endings (which is a very nice touch). All in all, it was worth my $60 bucks, and in the end that is what you care about.

I RATE THIS GAME AN A FOR AWESOME.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#2 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

C.
It sucks compare to bf3 and MoH WF. Also ghost recon is even better.

Cod bo2 imo is kinda for lil kids. Its mindless shotting. No real skill needed.
But to each his own.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#3 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

POPULAR

^ The above is trolling (and if you don't intend it to be I suggest writing in a different manner), and this is coming from someone who thinks both bf3 and mohw are much better games (I have yet to try out the new ghost recon and am waiting for steams summer [or winter depending on where you live] sale).

BO2 has a lot going for it, it campaign does collapse on itself around half way through. But the coop and competitive multiplayer more then make up for it (at least on pc).

#4 chamot07

chamot07

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Madden, FIFA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

I'd give it a B+. Multiplayer is tremendous though. I can't even tell the difference between the Xbox 360 version vs Wii U version, probably only the controls take getting used too on the Wii U, I guess being an Xbox 360 user for many years...

#5 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Played all the cod since waay back,probably all the way back.I have an opinion that this is (no doubt for me) at least the 2nd best cod ever if not the best.The customization is beyond anything before it in a cod game.I can actually have one weapon with three attachments and drop the rest.Better challenges,theater features.I could go on.Also specific to the Wii version I is the dual screen online multiplayer this is one of the main reasons I bought a wiiu and is executed well with no glaring issues. 9/10 for me all day
Posted Image

#6 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Played all the cod since waay back,probably all the way back.I have an opinion that this is (no doubt for me) at least the 2nd best cod ever if not the best.The customization is beyond anything before it in a cod game.I can actually have one weapon with three attachments and drop the rest.Better challenges,theater features.I could go on.Also specific to the Wii version I is the dual screen online multiplayer this is one of the main reasons I bought a wiiu and is executed well with no glaring issues. 9/10 for me all day

agreed with all of that, its really one of my favorite call of duty's to date and i have been playing them since 2.

#7 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

i liked the campaign in blops2 but moh-wf is a lot better online imo its a good mix of bf3's tactical play and cod fast paced gameplay.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

B+ A-, or a 9.

the game runs great, and has all content except elite, but has very slow patches. hotfixes(mini patches/server updates) still come oftenenough but something from nintendo approval system/cost to put in a patch slows it down to much.

for gameplay you can find reviews everywhere. id say the best COD to date, comparativly best balance of any COD. and activision has confirmed themself to actualy fix issues. only issue is support is very slow on wiiU version. Map design has okay veriety, but support SMG's a little to much. spawning issues exist but improved, the map design doesnt support spawn camping and the responce was blaming spawns.

issues is below avridge lagcomp. wiimote/DA controler balance. support DA over wiimote(a major NO on any nitnendo system), and small playerbase.

wii spacific advantiges is uses wiimote, a control skeme very will suited for FPS, and the gamepad allows players to play 2player without sharing a screen or hurting gameplay, adn allows you to play when the TV is in use.

#9 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

loving playing the game with the gamepad screen really awesome.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

#10 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

I would give this a D or 5/6 out of 10..why?...because imo its the WORST cod to date..hated the rts missions in story and map design online is terrible,worst cod i ever played,also worse graphics than the rest imo and shame on them for using the exact same last gen engine.

Edited by syks-1, 28 December 2012 - 10:34 AM.

#11 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

must agree on the maps not the best and i think this is where infinity ward beat them every year however i wouldnt say its a terrible game at least they tried something different although they didnt necessarily pull it all off.

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

must agree on the maps not the best and i think this is where infinity ward beat them every year however i wouldnt say its a terrible game at least they tried something different although they didnt necessarily pull it all off.

MW3 had better maps than BO2? granit they arnt great but MW3 was complete trash. MW2 had my favorit maps. =/. BO2 focused to much on CQC and didnt successfuly have the veriety for other maps in the game. id rate maps at 6 out of 10.

#13 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

mw3 maps are not bad they have some great fast paced stuff on it also they have better placements for routes through the map bo2 is sometimes bizarre.

#14 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

i agree,i much perfer mw3 to blops 2,everthing about it is better imo,i cant believe they can rush out a cod anytime using the same last gen engine and people will rush out in droves to buy it..crazy if you ask me..battlefield 2 and 3 blow this blops2 away as does ghost recon and mohw imo..i was soooo dissapointed with this game :(

Edited by syks-1, 02 January 2013 - 06:49 AM.

#15 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

The game might not be horrible, but changing the hitmarkers' color is not revolutionnary. I played the game, and sorry, it's the same thing going on over and over again.
Posted Image

#16 MiiVirus

MiiVirus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

I've played it on both ps3 and wii u. IMO the visuals look better on wii u but i notice slow down/ frame rate drop on the wii u due to a bad porting job. Still would rather play it on wii u.

#17 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

Some of the early Wii U games weren't the greatest. Has this game withstood the test of time?

Edited by Amnesia, 06 June 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#18 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

Some of the early Wii U games weren't the greatest. Has this game withstood the test of time?

Well, I don't have it anymore. Sold it to get Lego City.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#19 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

I still play and enjoy BLOPS2.  Its a fun game, made better with the gamepad.  I like the fact that there isn't an overabundance of military shooters on the platform, and the one we have is one with very well tuned game mechanics, good weapon feedback, fun loadout options, etc.

#20 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'd give it a B to B+.  I had it for when friends were over. I preferred it to ps3 + 360 for me personally as the local multiplayer online with me using gamepad and friend using procontroller was great.

However for others the score and if it is better, is up to the individual. Here's why :

Online :

+Local Multiplayer online with screen on pad is better than split screen (no  screen peeking ftw! lol)

+ Less people - for me I liked the smaller comunity

- Less people - some modes are just unplayed though sadly

- Last to be patched

- Has not got all the dlc

Extras :

+ supports more control types

- No achievements / trophies  (not a fan at all of theses but it is important to a big chunk of COD fanbase)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!