Photo

I own a 360 ps3 and a wii. Do i really need a wii u?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 met addict

met addict

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I think i just want it because i dont have it... If i bought it it would just be for mario.. think i should atleast wait for some kind of a deal!!

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

These threads are common and usually the answer lies with the OP. If your asking if you need one...then the answer is probably no. There are plenty of awesome exclusives coming to the system next year, on top of ZombiU and NSMBU. It comes down to games...if there are games you want to play....then buy the system, otherwise don't.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

The wisest choice would be to keep an eye on it and purchase it when it has a game library you appreciate. To me, Nintendo is an obvious choice as I enjoy multiple Nintendo IPs that obviously arent on PS3, etc. Buying a system just for one franchise is odd though so I hope you're exaggerating and actually like other series Nintendo offers lol.
Posted Image

#4 met addict

met addict

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Yea i know stupid thread!! guess i'm just killing time I know i'm going to buy it. was just trying to be disiplined and atleast wait for some kind of deal. but that probably won't happen..

The wisest choice would be to keep an eye on it and purchase it when it has a game library you appreciate. To me, Nintendo is an obvious choice as I enjoy multiple Nintendo IPs that obviously arent on PS3, etc. Buying a system just for one franchise is odd though so I hope you're exaggerating and actually like other series Nintendo offers lol.

I love everything nintendo just meant mario is the only game right now that i want.. I also own a 3ds xl. and a vita.. so who am i kidding the wii u will be mine shortly.. what time is best buy open till....lol..

Edited by met addict, 08 December 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#5 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Yea i know stupid thread!! guess i'm just killing time I know i'm going to buy it. was just trying to be disiplined and atleast wait for some kind of deal. but that probably won't happen..

To make you feel better, the probability of a special deal happening won't be until at least next holiday season imo. Depending on how well it sells during the rest of the year, it may not even have one for the holidays. The Wii took 3 years to get a price cut, so the nearest deal would probably be a bundle of some sort. Probably either Nintendo Land or Mario ones, judging by the 3DS' in NA.

Edited by Ixchel, 08 December 2012 - 07:58 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

POPULAR

I own a 360 ps3 and a wii. Do i really need a wii u?

Thats like saying I have a horse and buggy, a bicycle and some roller blades... do I need a Ferrari?

#7 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Yes u need one. Buy ASAP lol

#8 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Zombies are afraid of Wii U. So buy one to survive the zombie apocalopse lol
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#9 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

The main difference is the Gamepad. The 360 and PS3 are still good consoles otherwise. So the question you have to ask yourself right now is, do I want an extra screen that might be able to do more sometimes?

#10 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

I'd wait until the Wii U develops a decent library. Right now there's virtually nothing worth owning, that's the price you have to pay I guess if you're an early adapter.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#11 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

I have the new ps3 slim, 500GB & a ps vita.

I bought the wii U and its so good I now want to sell my ps3 & vita coz I can't see me going back to them after the 'awesome' that is the gamepad.

The question is, are you willing to give up what you have? Coz once you go WiiU, you don't go back..

#12 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

if you like nintendos games, then yes. If you don't like nintendos games, then no. However, if you already have a wii, then you could always sell that for some extra cash when you get the wii u :)
Posted Image

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

To make you feel better, the probability of a special deal happening won't be until at least next holiday season imo. Depending on how well it sells during the rest of the year, it may not even have one for the holidays. The Wii took 3 years to get a price cut, so the nearest deal would probably be a bundle of some sort. Probably either Nintendo Land or Mario ones, judging by the 3DS' in NA.

Agreed.

I have the new ps3 slim, 500GB & a ps vita.
I bought the wii U and its so good I now want to sell my ps3 & vita coz I can't see me going back to them after the 'awesome' that is the gamepad.
The question is, are you willing to give up what you have? Coz once you go WiiU, you don't go back..

There are several PS3 exclusives as well as multiplatform games that likely won't be released on the Wii U so I wouldn't be so quick to sell the PS3. Examples are The Last Of Us, God Of War Ascencion, Bioshock Infinite, and GTA V to name a few.

I think i just want it because i dont have it... If i bought it it would just be for mario.. think i should atleast wait for some kind of a deal!!

I love everything nintendo just meant mario is the only game right now that i want.. I also own a 3ds xl. and a vita.. so who am i kidding the wii u will be mine shortly.. what time is best buy open till....lol..

I think you've already answered your own question.

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

YES YOU DO!

#15 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

You actually dont need it... If you buy it, will be only for mario and zombie U. So you will spend 400-500 dollars or euro, for 1-2 games. I would suggest you to wait. Many people fall into this trap and there is already a topic with one guy, who bought it for 1 week... and sold it.

Wii U is ideal for small kids and their "first console" and devoted nintendo buyers at this point. And some people who want to have it all... So if you dont feel 100% confident about it, yet... wait

Edited by Orion, 09 December 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#16 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

There are several PS3 exclusives as well as multiplatform games that likely won't be released on the Wii U so I wouldn't be so quick to sell the PS3. Examples are The Last Of Us, God Of War Ascencion, Bioshock Infinite, and GTA V to name a few.

Ye..true. The last of us & Beyond are two I do want, on the other hand..if ps4 is announced at E3 with a Xmas 2013 release then those games would be compatible and the ps3 2nd hand value would drop again.. ?

You actually dont need it... If you buy it, will be only for mario and zombie U. So you will spend 400-500 dollars or euro, for 1-2 games. I would suggest you to wait. Many people fall into this trap and there is already a topic with one guy, who bought it for 1 week... and sold it.

Wii U is ideal for small kids and their "first console" and devoted nintendo buyers at this point. And some people who want to have it all... So if you dont feel 100% confident about it, yet... wait

I'm guessing you don't have a wii U?

To say its ideal as a first console for small kids is very ignorant.

There's more to the wii U, the gamepad as a 2nd screen can be used for alot more tactical gaming. ZombieU for example. It's just come out and there's loads of good games out already..plenty more on the way. It plays the same multiplatfirm games as ps3/360 & will have more exclusives on the way.

To answer the OP - if you don't like the launch games then wait it out. If you do like them..get 1. It's only going to get better..

#17 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

I have a X360, Wii, PS3, Highend gaming PC, 3DS & a Wii U.

I don't really know what the OP is asking !

#18 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

I'm guessing you don't have a wii U?

To say its ideal as a first console for small kids is very ignorant.

There's more to the wii U, the gamepad as a 2nd screen can be used for alot more tactical gaming. ZombieU for example. It's just come out and there's loads of good games out already..plenty more on the way. It plays the same multiplatfirm games as ps3/360 & will have more exclusives on the way.

To answer the OP - if you don't like the launch games then wait it out. If you do like them..get 1. It's only going to get better..

I think I answered a question, at date buy... Because as you "may" noticed, I say at the end "yet". "wait"... you bimbo... lol
If someone "ordinary" or not "brand fanboy" buy it now, he will spend alot of money for 1-2 games and I typed "wait and not yet" because the OP got many systems allready... that actually play the same things...
And no, I dont have it yet, waiting to see how things go... soon enough though, but I am not certain yet, uncertainty is a bad thing.. for now.

Iam expecting this list to be altered and updated... "maybe".. http://gamingbolt.co...omparison-chart

its not updated though, as metro last night is being canceled... To check the titles, just when you are in the page... press : ctrl and + .... press + a couple of times, till the image magnifies to your desired level. To bring it back to normal, press : ctrl and -

Edited by Orion, 09 December 2012 - 11:42 AM.

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Somebody asking if he should buy a Wii U on a forum filled with Wii U fans?

I wonder what the answers will be...

#20 jimreaper69

jimreaper69

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Wars

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

:)
It's worth buying for ZombiU alone,best game ive played in a long time and beats anything Fony or Microsux consoles have on them by a mile,best purchase of 2012 for me.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!