Photo

Nintendo Left Behind in Innovation?

Wii U PS4 Omni Xbox 360 Xbox 70

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Next Gen (42 member(s) have cast votes)

PSO vs Wii U

1. PSO Wins (4 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

2. Wii U Wins (22 votes [52.38%])

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

3. I want both (15 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

4. I don't want either (1 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

720 vs Wii U

1. 720 Wins (4 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

2. Wii U Wins (27 votes [64.29%])

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

3. I want both (9 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

4. I don't want either (2 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

ill get a 720 simply for the graphics and old 360 games + my purcases i made on live, why cant their be a console created by alienware, i bet that be awsome, pc based console ;)

lmao i spoke to soon http://www.pcmag.com...,2399010,00.asp, ide possibly get one of these lol, Alienware pc console on its way!

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#42 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

I have a Wii U, so I do not want another. ;)
720, I personally will likely skip, unless they can give me a couple of great games I am interested in. That being not "Halo 5/6" or some cash cow I am not really interested in. I for one stopped playing my 360 when they stopped putting out new J/KRPG games as I really did not play it online to much. Got tired of the stupid paying for online crap when I can play for free on other consoles or my PC (GFW-L horrid titles included).
PSO (Why does this have to be PSO? Makes me think Phantasy Star Online when I see it) I will likely get as Sony tends to have a good backing in RPG developers, with all the NIS, Atlus, Level 5, et cetera just putting out games for the PS3.

Shokio not of your liking? Not a fan either. XD
Not sure what people see in that guy. His brother is a little better like maybe ten percent of the time. The other ninety he is just insulting children or others over the internet. (I will admit that some of the people he insults though are pretty dumb to me as well). Then he gets popular to advertise his brother and vise versa to make people idolize these two. (Shrugs)

What is so great about getting a connection to a DVR? You can play the game on your gamepad (if the game does the gamepad output) and use the television for the DVR, and TViii is going to lock you into the consoles application. Why even turn your console on to use your DVR? That makes no sense to me, I mean sure you can see advertisements for this or that and get information via future programming, but my bloody cellphone can even do that. It does not even have to be in a short range of my consoles, all I need is a connection to the internet, an application, and be linked to the said DVR to see and control the guide. Not to mention my cellphone can already control my Sony television with a Sony app via the Android store with all my regular controllers buttons. (Way better than the basic Wii U controller).

I am not trying to rag on anything, I just don't see the overall point to boot up a console to control a DVR. When you have a universal remote that can do it better and faster.

The only way I see you possibly accessing it the way you plan is if the receiver for your cable company outputs in an RVU (or what ever that wireless method is called again) and the Wii U acts as a television to accept that. Which I highly doubt Nintendo will be having in the Wii U. Being as most receivers do not feature this and the ones that don't have to usually have a second or third receiver to act as an access point to the main home system for recordings. Not to mention the limits of how many things can be active on the device at once. Being as a live stream can act as a recording slot and you get like four or five standard recording slots.

http://m.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/nintendo-reveals-nintendo-tvii-wii-u-996800

I could be missunderstanding the feature, but to me it sounds like you will be able to access your TIVO via the Wii U. But we will soon see how it works.

ill get a 720 simply for the graphics and old 360 games + my purcases i made on live, why cant their be a console created by alienware, i bet that be awsome, pc based console ;)

lmao i spoke to soon http://www.pcmag.com...,2399010,00.asp, ide possibly get one of these lol, Alienware pc console on its way!

720 might not be able to play 360 games. :(
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#43 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

I really do hope Nintendo get a wake up call soon.
That eShop thing is just beyond comprehension.
When a company finds some law in one country that will disastrously hurt their sales, they move that part of their business, or lobby the government.
Time to wake up Nintendo.

There's a million different things Nintendo need to change, but that's the latest and most annoying to me.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#44 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

I really do hope Nintendo get a wake up call soon.
That eShop thing is just beyond comprehension.
When a company finds some law in one country that will disastrously hurt their sales, they move that part of their business, or lobby the government.
Time to wake up Nintendo.

There's a million different things Nintendo need to change, but that's the latest and most annoying to me.

What eShop thing?

#45 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

What eShop thing?

that we can't buy 18+ stuff during the day.
Posted Image

#46 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

What eShop thing?

http://thewiiu.com/topic/8122-nintendo-confirms-german-law-to-blame-for-europe-wide-wii-u-eshop-18-content/

PSO sounds alright, but the 720 rumour sounds dumb and i doubt its true. You would have to dedicate a whole room to gaming and for most people that isnt possible.

#47 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Oh that is weird ...

#48 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

Yeah, I'm boycotting the entire eshop now.
They're not getting a penny of my money on that rainbowfest.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#49 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Sony and Nintendo for me. There is no way I will buy another Xbox....faulty hardware and practically no exclusives. Sony will get all the third party stuff that MS gets, and their exclusives destroy MS imo.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#50 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

PSO seems the most innovative to me, Im prob gonna get that instead of 720 cuz it's just gonna be so beast...if these are true...
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#51 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

http://m.nbcnews.com...ii-wii-u-996800

I could be missunderstanding the feature, but to me it sounds like you will be able to access your TIVO via the Wii U. But we will soon see how it works.

in that case i would not bother with it, it would be a bad mistake for live as its so big

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#52 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

http://m.nbcnews.com...ii-wii-u-996800

Not sure on what Tivo devices are all capable of these days, but if it was anything beyond the DVR's that come with the cable providers there would probably be a greater demand on them. At least in my area and most people I have talked to Tivo is basically dead, other than maybe one device in a store. (Shrugs) Now as far as the whole TVii goes I am only basing my information what I know about the hardware provided from some cable based companies in terms of DVR receivers in America. Perhaps a few different models else where with Tivo as the main option or something else in terms of third party services for all I know. We will just have to see how Nintendo Tvii turns out.

in that case i would not bother with it, it would be a bad mistake for live as its so big

One reason digital would be nice to have gone. Though the question is would they support the digital games as good as say Sony has with some of the PSP, PSOne, & PS2 stuff on the latest consoles. (Not saying their perfect as it has been a little slow on the uptake on the Vita, but I see another PSP game supported on the Vita every other day). Would be nice to get say something similar to what Japan had with the UMD Passport Program deal, but for 720 at that. Yet then the question would be would it be worldwide outside of America. <_<

#53 Crysos161

Crysos161

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'll go with the PSO & Wii U over the 720 unless Microsoft can change my opinion come E3.

#54 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

I'll be the first to admit, I'm in a bit of a love-hate relationship with Sony at the moment. I want to get the PS4/PSO, but before I do I'm going to need to see some of the games that made me love the PlayStation brand. Uncharted was alright, just not my thing. God of War lost me about half-way through the original game. Infamous out of all the more recent PS ips that I've played came closest to giving me that same feeling that their older titles gave me. I haven't tried Little Big Planet yet, so that might change my mind if I ever get around to it. Perhaps if they bring Sly 5 to the system at some point (which I'm hoping Thieves in Time will be a success so they will) I'll buy it, but for now I'm on the fence as to if I'll get the next PlayStation system or not.
Posted Image

#55 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Tomba 3

BELIEVE IT!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#56 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

If those rumors are true then I guess, but its not like the Wii U isn't innovative. Its a logical innovation. If Microsoft does happen to make the 720 some sort of casual thing, I think they're gonna be in the same position that Nintendo is, fighting to get the hardcore back. For the Omni, I don't see people wanting to wear something over their head. If these are both real, the only one for a hardcore gamer would appear to be the Wii U.

2lvmghw.png

#57 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

xbox 360 claimed stats.

xbox is the only thing microsoft has that isnt failing atm. 1 hear ago microsoft is doign fine but almost everything they have is starting to fail, PC's been outdone by many other competetors, attemtps to entire the mobil market failed missribly. and the currenty 720(at threat of RROD) selling at 500 would cost them so much money. i half expect microsoft to run themselfs into the ground in the next 5 years. yea it sounds cool, but at 3x power ruffly, and the seemingly most advanced/expensive visual thing, they will hurt themselfs alot. repeating a buff xbox could pass at 500 with 2x-3x power of wiiU. adding all the visual stuff and you would need something as powerful as the current xbox to wiiU to keep it under 500, and you need extra power for all that stuff, that could bring the systems worth over 1000.

nintendo spamming games, expected, lets see how well they do.
PS4 seems usefull
xbox the same, but they are making a much larger risk.

ubisoft for THQ =).
EA, BF4 and thats about it, ME4? iffy. but they pulled dick moves that cost them alot of credability.

... thats a fail.

tales series guys making super smash bro campain... =), better campain, longer. and we might see kratos or loyde.

#58 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

PC's been outdone by many other competetors

ubisoft for THQ =).

EA, BF4 and thats about it, ME4? iffy. but they pulled dick moves that cost them alot of credability.

tales series guys making super smash bro campain... =), better campain, longer. and we might see kratos or loyde.

How? The majority of users in the world use Microsoft OS's and 95% of all games placed on the market use DirectX for the fact is easier to use via structure and much better documented than the open source alternative OpenGL. Unless openGL can change that is not going to be a overall standard so not many are going to switch to say an Apple or Linux OS. Then the fact that you need an OS to obtain most Linux OS's to begin with takes a hit at using it. Along with the fact not all Linux distro's are the same, as some are basic users to profession users, some are more for server based, not every video card or other hardware works with select OS's or versions, and et cetera. A lot to take in keeping some of the people away from it to begin with. Of course there is Ubuntu Linux or say the sort of improvement of Ubuntu, Linux Mint that are a bit more widely known. Yet still you end up with problem via video drivers (Specially if you're having to use those ATi beta drivers for cards under the 5000 series) and other issues revolving around installing of games through Wine. Because the next thing you know you need X Wine version to install this game or X Version to install this game and play it stable. Leading to more possible end user confusion of setting up some Wine assist install libraries programs that sort of guide you through installing. (As far as Apple OS's go you can do a virtual machine, but most people do not bother. They just boot into another partition with Windows. What the silly Apple community likes to call "Boot Camp").

I sure as hell hope not. As much as I dislike to even say this, I would rather want Activision buy THQ. Because most likely if Ubisoft gets a say in it THQ games will be loaded with crappy DRM. Making me not purchase 95% of the games release.

(Not exactly sure what you mean here so if I am reading it wrong okay) EA has plenty of milked franchises that keep them going and if not that tons of arcade games they sell for profit. Specially when owning so many companies. You know Sims, Dead Space 3, C&C, Crysis 3, Need for Speed, Medal of Honor, & EA Sports games are all going to get another entry in some time down the road. Some of them actually pretty soon at that. I mean, EA is not really hurting.

We can hope it is better. Yet when was Smash Bro's about campaign exactly? It is a fighter so not really a big story to tell. I doubt having said people are going to really change a fighter games story into some kind of novelty item.

#59 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

How? The majority of users in the world use Microsoft OS's and 95% of all games placed on the market use DirectX for the fact is easier to use via structure and much better documented than the open source alternative OpenGL. Unless openGL can change that is not going to be a overall standard so not many are going to switch to say an Apple or Linux OS. Then the fact that you need an OS to obtain most Linux OS's to begin with takes a hit at using it. Along with the fact not all Linux distro's are the same, as some are basic users to profession users, some are more for server based, not every video card or other hardware works with select OS's or versions, and et cetera. A lot to take in keeping some of the people away from it to begin with. Of course there is Ubuntu Linux or say the sort of improvement of Ubuntu, Linux Mint that are a bit more widely known. Yet still you end up with problem via video drivers (Specially if you're having to use those ATi beta drivers for cards under the 5000 series) and other issues revolving around installing of games through Wine. Because the next thing you know you need X Wine version to install this game or X Version to install this game and play it stable. Leading to more possible end user confusion of setting up some Wine assist install libraries programs that sort of guide you through installing. (As far as Apple OS's go you can do a virtual machine, but most people do not bother. They just boot into another partition with Windows. What the silly Apple community likes to call "Boot Camp").

--it was mostly to a referance to how well mirosoft is doing, its profits shrunk drasticly from mostly failed attempts at expansion, like into the mobil market, so many areas are recieving decreased profit and some are going red as compared to earlier.

I sure as hell hope not. As much as I dislike to even say this, I would rather want Activision buy THQ. Because most likely if Ubisoft gets a say in it THQ games will be loaded with crappy DRM. Making me not purchase 95% of the games release.

(Not exactly sure what you mean here so if I am reading it wrong okay) EA has plenty of milked franchises that keep them going and if not that tons of arcade games they sell for profit. Specially when owning so many companies. You know Sims, Dead Space 3, C&C, Crysis 3, Need for Speed, Medal of Honor, & EA Sports games are all going to get another entry in some time down the road. Some of them actually pretty soon at that. I mean, EA is not really hurting.

--BF and ME are the only meaningful games i see on that list. rest arnt that great.

We can hope it is better. Yet when was Smash Bro's about campaign exactly? It is a fighter so not really a big story to tell. I doubt having said people are going to really change a fighter games story into some kind of novelty item.

--if you like multy, play online/local multy. i know i will be on local/online/ and campain.

#60 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Since Nintendo's competitors are starting to suck at games they are making up with gimmicks. Seems legit.

ill get a 720 simply for the graphics and old 360 games + my purcases i made on live, why cant their be a console created by alienware, i bet that be awsome, pc based console

Have fun with the defective 720 or tne ungodly overpriced Alienware (:

Signature_DK.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, PS4, Omni, Xbox 360, Xbox 70

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!