Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Not sure if hardcore believer or trolling lol

#22 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Well if you at least say there is some form of god (any religion god )then that eliminates the "where did he come from", "where did we come from", "how did that god get here" questions because he is a god so he would be all powerful and have existed forever and created everything, The god isnt held to the same standards as the atoms that magically popped out of thin air and crashed into each other.

But that doesn't really answer my questions. Simply saying that "a God has always existed" really isn't any different than saying "the big bang happened" credibility wise.

#23 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

You're the source of the controversy in this thread and I wish a moderator would respect my wishes and ban you from participating here until you do a little growing up. Stop being so egotistical. Your original post came off as very arrogant and rude.

Ok ok... I'll keep an eye on this thread. I think a light or healthy argument is fine, but I suppose this is a warning to both sides, as there has already been some disrespecting posts by both sides. If I feel like things will go too far or will trigger something, I may hide/delete/edit posts.
I knew something like this may happen, but I personally think a thread like this can do fine even with atheists and theists interacting.

#24 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

You seem to missed the original purpose of this thread. The purpose of this thread was to discuss your views on atheism. Nowhere in this thread did I state that people of different religions beliefs weren't welcome. Obviously you aren't mature enough to handle a thread such as this, because it seems the whole subject offended you. You're the only who seems to one want to get into an argument, and before you arrived nobody was fighting.

You're the source of the controversy in this thread and I wish a moderator would respect my wishes and ban you from participating here until you do a little growing up. Stop being so egotistical. Your original post came off as very arrogant and rude.

I apologize if my original post offended you and anyone else

I merely would like to know how the big bang is even possible... if you cant answer that then thats fine but its nothing to get upset over or mad at me about :/

you say the purpose was to discuss "atheist views"... well I am trying to discuss the most crucial point of atheism with you and you wont do it....?

But that doesn't really answer my questions. Simply saying that "a God has always existed" really isn't any different than saying "the big bang happened" credibility wise.

Your comparing apples to oranges, a god like figure can exist forever because he is a god.... 2 atoms cant magically come from nothing they would have had to have come from something

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 11 December 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#25 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

ok, back on topic and being civilized...
i got into atheism for several reasons:
-the inconsistency of regilions
-lies, mistakes, etc. from bible, quran, etc.
-lack of evidence about the existance of god besides "faith"
-realising that religion is just something people turns to when they are afraid, about to die, in need of something, desperate, etc.
-im not a scientist, but i do realize that science tries to find the answers instead of going with dogmas, superstition, fairy tales, etc.
-religion is only useful to separate people from each other, instead of bringing them together, which is something god would supposedly want
-the whole story about the original sin, redemption, end of this world, etc, are laughable and have no logic or sense
-having to humiliate yourself before a supreme beign and giving him the credit for all the good things that happen to you, and blaming yourself/others for the bad things, its stupid, degrading and doesnt help at all to the civilization or progress

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#26 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Your comparing apples to oranges, a god like figure can exist forever because he is a god.... 2 atoms cant magically come from nothing they would have had to have come from something

...But a God can magically exist forever? Everything needs to have some sort of beginning, Mitch.

#27 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

This and any other such thread could potentially turn into a flame war. When I saw the title, I thought about creating a Christianity thread. Although it will be controversial I now realize, and I'm not exactly your average Christian.

Edited by PotatoHog, 11 December 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#28 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

...But a God can magically exist forever? Everything needs to have some sort of beginning, Mitch.

God created time so he lives outside of the boundaries and limitations of time, and that is how he has existed forever, you dont need a beginning when you existed before the beginning ;)

#29 Crysos161

Crysos161

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

I'm not an atheist but I respect everyone's beliefs no matter what they are.

#30 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

God created time so he lives outside of the boundaries and limitations of time, and that is how he has existed forever, you dont need a beginning when you existed before the beginning ;)

If god exists outside of time, yet created time, this means that his mind works in a linear or sequential manner to come up with the concept of time, which cannot be possible if he exists outside of time.
This raises too many issues of how a being that exists outside of time and space can interact with beings within time and space. The issues that rise are that such a being cannot exist with any emotions, understanding, or benevolence because those are of our realm and not of an outside realm. The issue is that such a being is incapable of any creation as it is beyond its own understanding.

#31 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Isn't this thread against the rules or something?

I'm not an atheist nor am I religious. I think both are right in some area. For example, god created the big bang.

28gxdv8.png

#32 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Isn't this thread against the rules or something?

Not at all, the rules make no mention of religion. As long as people are able to stay civil, this thread is fine.

#33 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

If god exists outside of time, yet created time, this means that his mind works in a linear or sequential manner to come up with the concept of time, which cannot be possible if he exists outside of time.
This raises too many issues of how a being that exists outside of time and space can interact with beings within time and space. The issues that rise are that such a being cannot exist with any emotions, understanding, or benevolence because those are of our realm and not of an outside realm. The issue is that such a being is incapable of any creation as it is beyond its own understanding.

So this is what I found:

"God exists in more than one dimension of time. Things that exist in one dimension of time are restricted to time's arrow and are confined to cause and effect. However, two dimensions of time form a plane of time, which has no beginning and no end and is not restricted to any single direction. A being that exists in at least two dimensions of time can travel anywhere in time and yet never had a beginning, since a plane of time has no starting point. Either interpretation leads one to the conclusion that God has no need of having been created."

And if that were the case it seems like its a suitable counter argument that would answer what you posted

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 11 December 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#34 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

I am an atheist. Simply because i was never brought up to have a religion and I feel that science has proved religion wrong on many aspects of life (excluding the "beginning" theories as no one will probably ever know how the universe began)

#35 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

I've always been a Christian and I am still a practicing one now. I respect any world religious or non-religious point of view. It's important that we all judge people by their character rather than belief.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#36 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

I found out that I was an atheist quite young, I never prayed or went to church. I just never felt a thing such as "God" could exist, it just didn't seem possible to me. Evolution makes much more sense and seems logical, in my opinion of course. None of my family members know, I keep it to myself in order to not make myself seem like an "outcast".

There is no question about evolution and no area of opinion is required, it exists and you will struggle to find a single scientist who does not agree with me there. Not accepting that evolution is real is the equivalent of not accepting that it isn't a Stork that brings baby's into the world (like in Dumbo).

More importantly in the scope of this thread though is if you are an atheist you shouldn't have to be afraid of stating as much (at least not in any western society).

You seem to missed the original purpose of this thread. The purpose of this thread was to discuss your views on atheism. Nowhere in this thread did I state that people of different religions beliefs weren't welcome. Obviously you aren't mature enough to handle a thread such as this, because it seems the whole subject offended you. You're the only who seems to one want to get into an argument, and before you arrived nobody was fighting.

Most people who believe in a religion fall back on it's my faith as an argument and answer questions with questions as they have no answer. Which of course isn't an argument at all, rather it is a statement saying one can't logically justify there own beliefs.

Well if you at least say there is some form of god (any religion god )then that eliminates the "where did he come from", "where did we come from", "how did that god get here" questions because he is a god so he would be all powerful and have existed forever and created everything, The god isnt held to the same standards as the atoms that magically popped out of thin air and crashed into each other.

No it doesn't answer anything, it just asks another question that cannot be answered.

Also not all religions have a god that is considered to be all powerful.

Nothing like being the stereotypical atheist who avoids all the questions because he simply cannot answer them ;)

Pity you gave no answers. Just more questions.

Well, I believe when we die it's like when we're sleeping, nothing but external darkness. I respect all religion, I just don't like when it's forced down my throat.

I do not respect all religions and the very notion of respecting all religions is absurd. I however do respect peoples beliefs as one is free to believe in whatever they want to, be it God, the Spaghetti Monster or anything else.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 12 December 2012 - 05:28 AM.

#37 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

So this is what I found:

exactly, you just found it, cause you couldnt answer, you had to search for a justification... and we were the ones without answers? pls!

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#38 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

There is no question about evolution and no area of opinion is required, it exists and you will struggle to find a single scientist who does not agree with me there.

And at one point most the scientists said the earth was flat...

exactly, you just found it, cause you couldnt answer, you had to search for a justification... and we were the ones without answers? pls!

I never once claimed that I had all the answers to questions of my beliefs memorized??? At least i was able to find an answer that would fit in the scenario described.... you havent been able to tell me a single thing about how evolution is possible

#39 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

you havent been able to tell us (in a logical way at least) how is god possible either, and lol scientists said the earth was flat? hahaha! o boy, i want to screenshot soo bad!

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#40 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

you havent been able to tell us (in a logical way at least) how is god possible either

I have no way of proving scientifically that there is a God... but responding to everything I say with "well you dont have an answer either" just shows you have no clue what so ever about what your talking about...

All I can say is that it takes faith to believe in God, but it also takes faith to believe in atheism as you also have no way of proving it... so to claim it as "scientific" is absurd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!